cant stand the taste of water

Options

Replies

• SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My heart tries to bleed for you: and then it doesn't. For gods sake get a tiny bit real - not the OP of course, well done for you for making these steps and I do wish you well and hear where you are coming from; but anyone bothering about the taste of water (and I've only heard it it from US people on this site so far), please be a touch more aware...

http://www.wateraid.org/uk/what_we_do/the_need/207.asp?gclid=CJKM1Ie_lbQCFSTLtAodFTwAhQ

Maybe you could donate some of what you spend on diet soda and Mio and Crystalite and other crap to people who really need actual water?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Never actually heard of anyone hating the taste of water...I guess for me, it tastes like nothing pretty much. I think it gets old and borring, so I will add lemon or some cucumber slices...stuff like that. When I'm feeling like a soda, I use my soda stream and just make bubbly water and squeeze some lemon in there.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am another one that really didn't like the taste of plain water. When I switched over from drinking juice and milk, I started adding juice from half a slice of lemon and that made a huge difference in the taste. I still add lemon if I am drinking plain water but otherwise, I drink green tea or I add the Lemonade Crystal Light to kill the taste of the Vitamin C/Lysine supplement I take. My daughter loves the Raspberry Lemonade Crystal Light.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz has a "recipe" for water - I believe it's listed on his site. It contains lemon, cucumbers, mint and a few other ingredients. You mix it all together in a pitcher and let it sit in the refrig overnight. You might want to try it to see if you like it.

Ingredients:
    1 pitcher
    1 indoor plumbing

Directions:
    Put pitcher under faucet 45°
    Turn cold knob 90°
    Catch water in pitcher

Amount of time to fill pitcher will vary based on size of pitcher
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I never understand these threads. Water has no taste...it is just wet. I grew up in a house that ran off a well that had sulfur water....try a refreshing glass of that and then get back to me on how terrible regular water tastes. :laugh:
  • jdforshort
    jdforshort Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I love cold distilled water! Only water can quench my thirst especially after exercise! But then I do live in a very warm climate.Tap water is yucky, as for drinking water in stores, doctor in the house says is," rubbish, probably treated with chemicals and filled from tap"! At least with distilled water you know what's in it, nothing but condensed steam! I have completely weened myself of all soft drinks other than with cocktails!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It does not matter where the water source is from I can't stand the taste. I have used many filters (including the brita), Water straight from an underground spring, (crystal springs in Plymouth NH is just one of these places.) I gag while drinking it.

What taste? Water has no taste.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    just open your mouth and let it slide down your throat hole
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Look on the bright side. At least you can stand the smell of air.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It's all in your head.

I disagree....sounds like there are a lot of us that can't stand the taste of water.

Crystal light is my choice to make water drinkable :-)

Boil it, cool it and drink it. If you still can't stand the taste, it is absolutely all in your head. Water is tasteless. Perhaps you can't stand the phenomenon of drinking something tasteless - but you can't not like the taste of no taste.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    just open your mouth and let it slide down your throat hole
    Little Nicky FTW!!! \m/
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I just add vodka. It helps a lot.

Best of luck in your journey!

I love you. :love:

If you can't stand water, don't drink it.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Look on the bright side. At least you can stand the smell of air.

WIN.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz has a "recipe" for water - I believe it's listed on his site. It contains lemon, cucumbers, mint and a few other ingredients. You mix it all together in a pitcher and let it sit in the refrig overnight. You might want to try it to see if you like it.

Actually, the recipe for water is 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen. Dr. Oz is just adding flavors to it.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    <snip>

but you can't not like the taste of no taste.

:flowerforyou:
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I would suggest crystal light flavor packets. It's better than not drinking water at all.

23087067.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    My heart tries to bleed for you: and then it doesn't. For gods sake get a tiny bit real - not the OP of course, well done for you for making these steps and I do wish you well and hear where you are coming from; but anyone bothering about the taste of water (and I've only heard it it from US people on this site so far), please be a touch more aware...

http://www.wateraid.org/uk/what_we_do/the_need/207.asp?gclid=CJKM1Ie_lbQCFSTLtAodFTwAhQ

Maybe you could donate some of what you spend on diet soda and Mio and Crystalite and other crap to people who really need actual water?

I don't like steak without A1 and butter. Got a charity I can donate to?
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

Actually, the recipe for water is 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen. Dr. Oz is just adding flavors to it.

genius he is.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    The taste of coke, beer, OJ, fries, mozzarella sticks, and double whoppers is sooooooo much better.

You can't argue with that!
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Water has no taste, sorry to break it to ya