Anyone else dreading January?

Options
Trying to get all my good workouts in this month, because in about 3 weeks the gym is going to be overrun with New Year's Resolution newbies. Then, after about two weeks, they'll see that their shadows aren't getting any smaller and go back home, like Punxsutawney Phil.

Replies

• briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I would be working out at home during that time. No desire to have to wait for a half hour to walk on the treadmill
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm not dreading January, but that's probably because I don't look for ridiculous reasons to be pessimistic about the future. Life is good.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Because everyone gets it right the first time they try to better themselves?
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    nope, im a gym bully. I claim my spot.
  • marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes i was, until my cancelled my gym membership... the gym is way too packed and i can get a workout in everyday without having to go the gym. that will me my new years resolution... waking up early going for a run, insanity dvd, brazil butt lift dvd, turbo jam dvd, zumba... youtube. i will try to use all the resources i have this new year to make fitness a lifestyle. I want to be committed to working out without gym fees and long lines and having to wait on people sitting around in the gym on their phones.
  • Ras_py
    Ras_py Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    just go at 4am. aint nobody in the gym at that time! hahaha def not newbies!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the MFP trolling possibilities.
  • pattisoe
    pattisoe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bahahahaha!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    And that is why I love my legs and my bike. No one fights me for them.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I have no worries cause I'm at the gym before 5am so it's nice and early-the people that sign up in January may be there but they aren't there that early:laugh:
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My gym gets packed for a couple weeks, but if people are trying to get healthy then that's awesome. I can put up with a crowded gym for a month or two. At least a few people will stick with it and that's what counts.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Not dreading it...I'm looking forward to it...can't wait for December to be over
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly confident that the fact that I go at 4am will prevent me from having to run into many of them.... I know when I first started, if someone told me that my normal schedule would be to go to the gym between 4 & 4:30am everyday, I would've told them they're f$&king nuts.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I may to be a little extra careful running in the snow and dress appropriately, otherwise January is just like any other month. :tongue:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I would be working out at home during that time. No desire to have to wait for a half hour to walk on the treadmill

It's a damn shame no one has come up with a way that people can get in a walk without having to wait for a treadmill. Just a damn shame.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I never thought of that! This will be my first January in gym mode. Maybe snowshoeing will have to be some of my workouts.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Haha! Too true. Having been a gym junkie for 8 years in two hemispheres, every January (and month before summer) the gym and changing rooms are overcrowded by people who have made a NYE/summer resolution - at least the majority of them drop off by March/summer.
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    So you're b*tching that your gym will be overrun with people trying to better themselves ... but only for 2 weeks according to you. Just wanted to make sure I got that right.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    nope, im a gym bully. I claim my spot.

images80.jpg
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the MFP trolling possibilities.
    Love it :wink: