Anyone else dreading January?

Options

Replies

• mominwi419
    Options
    I would be working out at home during that time. No desire to have to wait for a half hour to walk on the treadmill

Yeah, because the only way to walk is to wait half an hour for a treadmill!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    nope, because I will never think its a bad day or reason for someone to decide to get healthy. We all have to start somewhere, someday.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm not dreading January, but that's probably because I don't look for ridiculous reasons to be pessimistic about the future. Life is good.

Indeed.

It really doesn't bother me because I plan to get back into my early morning gym going routine starting Monday so it will have zero effect on me.

nope, because I will never think its a bad day or reason for someone to decide to get healthy. We all have to start somewhere, someday.
    And this as well. YOU all were Gym Newbies once too!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    way to hate on people trying. Love the tolerant attitude of the successful fit!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Also... seriously- anyone who has been at this longer than 6 months knows well that you dont need to go to the gym. The EARTH is a gym. Your BODY is a gym. Quit looking for reasons to whine about one of your favorite places on earth GEEZ
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    I'm excited about January. It's going to be a busy month!

My 11 year old daughter was hired to sing at a wedding in January!!!
    She will also be auditioning (singing) for America's Got Talent!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I would be working out at home during that time. No desire to have to wait for a half hour to walk on the treadmill

It's a damn shame no one has come up with a way that people can get in a walk without having to wait for a treadmill. Just a damn shame.

Where I live, we have places called sidewalks. I do my walking there. They're really cool, but they're taxpayer subsidized. :ohwell:
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Really? People are hating on the OP for this? No WAY.

I'm with you.

My gym has a Zumba line a mile long on normal days... During Jan & Feb it's INSANE. Then it dies down.

Yes, I encourage other to feel good and am proud of those with the new years resolutions to get their a$$es to the gym. But YES, OP... it messes up my routine for about 2 months. I feel ya.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Meh! Not many people use the power racks at my gym. I shouldn't have any problems.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I'm not dreading January, but that's probably because I don't look for ridiculous reasons to be pessimistic about the future. Life is good.

Indeed.

It really doesn't bother me because I plan to get back into my early morning gym going routine starting Monday so it will have zero effect on me.

Exactly. I've only been at this a year and a half myself and am glad I guess that I didn't decide to start on New Years and did have helpful people there to support me, rather than pass judgment.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all the newbies committing to a healthy lifestyle, I hope that they are all successful and stick with it and if the gym is too crowded why not take a break from the gym for a few weeks and check out some other forms of exercise. It is good to mix it up.....
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

It's a damn shame no one has come up with a way that people can get in a walk without having to wait for a treadmill. Just a damn shame.

Where I live, we have places called sidewalks. I do my walking there. They're really cool, but they're taxpayer subsidized. :ohwell:
    Wow, I bet you'd have to wait a long time to walk on one of these devices.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Indeed.

Exactly. I've only been at this a year and a half myself and am glad I guess that I didn't decide to start on New Years and did have helpful people there to support me, rather than pass judgment.

you guys are awesome
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Way to be condescending, OP.

If it wasn't for a New Year's resolution I made 3 years ago, I'd still be 133 lbs heavier.

But blanket stereotypes and generalizations are SOOOO much fun!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I'm with you.

My gym has a Zumba line a mile long on normal days... During Jan & Feb it's INSANE. Then it dies down.

Yes, I encourage other to feel good and am proud of those with the new years resolutions to get their a$$es to the gym. But YES, OP... it messes up my routine for about 2 months. I feel ya.

Sounds like you could try something other than Zumba. Maybe take the time to switch up your routine? I've heard there are other things to do at the gym besides Zumba.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options

Life is good. Plus, look at it this way: Without this infusion of money from newbies who quit before their membership runs out, your gym fees might be higher.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Way to be condescending, OP.

If it wasn't for a New Year's resolution I made 3 years ago, I'd still be 133 lbs heavier.

But blanket stereotypes and generalizations are SOOOO much fun!

Way to fvck up self righteous *kitten*' *kitten* for 3 years!
  • sjohnny
    Options

I'm with you.

Sounds like you could try something other than Zumba. Maybe take the time to switch up your routine? I've heard there are other things to do at the gym besides Zumba.

Yes, I hear they have a device that allows people to actually walk.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I usually see more deer than people when I'm out riding- not really expecting that to change much in January.

I do wish everyone starting out the new year right the best of luck- that was me last year.