Who Loves Doctor Who?

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I'm a really late bloomer (I wish I could find somewhere to watch all the episodes... or at least most of them) as Matt Smith is my first Dr. and when Rory/Amy died, I cried... for days... then I saw a meme featuring that episode and I cried some more... It was weird.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i think i would love this show but ive never watched more than a minute or two. that universe seems so large and i dont know where to start.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I do.. have seen every episode multiple times - NOT just Dr 9/10/11 either I am talking right from the first Doctor.

I got into Dr. Who because of a friend of mines dad he used to watch them all the time and one time I was over for supper and he is like "you like british tv right?" (he was from england) I said "Do I!" he said "Good come watch" I watched on episode - it was Doctor 5 and I was hooked.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    i think i would love this show but ive never watched more than a minute or two. that universe seems so large and i dont know where to start.

You might just want to start with the Eleventh Doctor since he's the most current. Or you could start with the Ninth since he brought the show back. A LOT of people love David Tennant's Ten so you could try him. And then, when you've fully fallen in love with the show and exhausted the current Doctors, go back to the classic series.

Nine was my first and he had me at "Run". Actually he had me at his hand. :smile:

It took me a while to get used to Ten but I think that was mostly because Rose really annoyed me in the second series.

Matt Smith's Eleven has totally become my Doctor, tho, and I still feel guilty for his nudging Christopher Eccleston's Nine out of the way.

And, as much as I'm looking forward to Clara, I miss the Ponds. I actually really miss how Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darville were around each other in the behind the scenes stuff and interviews and things like that. :sad:
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I <3 Doctor Who so hard. The 10th Doctor is my favorite, but 11 has grown on me in a big way. Also, I want to be River Song when I grow up.
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I started watching during the David Tennant years, but Matt Smith ha been growing on me.
    I LOVED Donna as the side-kick, and Rose second
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I am now completely caught up, Please Urey up for part two! I am crying :sad:
  • paszekmonika
    paszekmonika Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    dalek-tree.jpg

GLORIA IN EXTERMINATE DEO

Amen
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    No idea who that is. I've never heard of Dr Who.

SHE'S A DALEK
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    No idea who that is. I've never heard of Dr Who.

SHE'S A DALEK

hahaha
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    @mongoosedog I love your weight loss tracker!
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    I LOVE Dr. Who. THIS YEARS winter crochet project is a Baker era super long scarf. I'm so excited. Still waiting for my doctor!
  • Spanntastic12
    Options
    I love what I've seen of it. I was able to catch most of seasons 6 & 7 Demand so I'm starting there. I may find them on DVD and buy them.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mczx9aUSu51rxc7x7o1_1280.jpg

Don't blink, now....
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Whovian, present and accounted for.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    59068_507669779265930_237436954_n_zps2ee0c512.jpg
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Watched it when I was a small child, starting with the later Pertwees, but Tom Baker was mostly my Doctor.
    I have met quite a few of the classic cast, including 4 of the doctors and many companions and corresponded with Baker and a few others for a time. They are very good at replying to letters. It was an obsession of mine for the best part of 2 years, cannot count how often I watched the stories. I had books, autographs, all the videos, spinoffs, convention footage, press out books, annuals...the whole lot really, so yes, you could say I love Doctor Who.

Not really into the new series. I have only watched some of it, though David Tennant was good. Don't like Matt Smith as the Doctor.
    And I don't think any companion will ever equal the late, great Liz Sladen, aka Sarah Jane Smith.
    Tom Baker is very gregorious and loud in real life, as well as on screen.
    Went to one convention. 35up at BAFTA in London which was the last one Michael Craze did before his death.
    Wish I could do some more conventions.
    However, my interest is nowhere near what it was. I sort of overkilled after 2 years of watching and reading everything Doctor Who to the exclusion of all else, lol.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Best place to start is the very beginning with 'An Unearthly Child' back in the 60s when the Doctor was William Hartnell.
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I grew up watching Doctor Who, mostly from behind the sofa.....

I loved the reboot 'Rose', the subsequent series have generally held my attention and I only rarely watch from behind the sofa nowadays......