What is considered tall?

Options
I have always considered myself to be tall. However at 5' 7' more and more I am being told I am just average. So I wondered what does everyone consider tall, that is for a woman. For a man I consider anything over six foot tall.

Replies

• diane903
    Options
    I am 5'9" and I consider myself tall for a woman. I'm taller than most of my friends anyway. Does help with looking thinner than I really am though! :)
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11. Tall:smile:

I would consider 5'7 average, and anything 5'9 and above as tall.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Depends on race.

Average though, I think women are 5'3-5'6, with 5'7 being in the territory of tall.

For men, 6'0 is short, 6'3 is reasonable, 6'5 tall, and 6'6+ superior evolution of future human
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    This is a question that is best based on your geography and ethnic descent.

I am not a big fan of wiki but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height#Average_height_around_the_world

Check out that chart for an idea. US average height for women is about 5'4.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and have always considered myself tall for a woman. Although it would probably be average for a man
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    For women, I think 5'4" to 5'6" is average, 5'7"-5'9" is above average, 5'10" and over is "tall"
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Depends on race.

Average though, I think women are 5'3-5'6, with 5'7 being in the territory of tall.

For men, 6'0 is short, 6'3 is reasonable, 6'5 tall, and 6'6+ superior evolution of future human

5'3" is still considered petite. I would say 5'4"-5'6" is average and above that is tall. .So, 5'7" is the low end of tall.

I am not tall.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10. I consider that pretty tall.
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It depends who you ask. I would consider 5'7" tall.... but I'm 5'2"..... :tongue:
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    5'10" and over
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    to me, 5'7 is normal, but that is b/c i am 5'10 and most of my family is around the same or taller.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and I consider myself tall for a woman. I'm taller than most of my friends anyway. Does help with looking thinner than I really am though! :)

So true. Everyone is shocked when I tell them my weight...it's just because I'm so tall, if I was 5'5 they wouldn't be shocked, haha
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    This is a question that is best based on your geography and ethnic descent.

I am not a big fan of wiki but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height#Average_height_around_the_world

Check out that chart for an idea. US average height for women is about 5'4.

Woo-hoo! My height is average! I have always considered myself very short, but then again I have a 6' 5" brother and a 5' 10" sister. So high heels for me it is!
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I"m 5' 8 1/2 and have always considered myself as "tall".
  • jayhawkfan51
    jayhawkfan51 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    5'9" and over. I too think 5'7" is average.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'd say anything over 5'8 is tall for a woman, but there is no "defined" height. It also depends on where you live - 5'8 would be short for a woman in Denmark, but Amazon for a woman in China.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options

So true. Everyone is shocked when I tell them my weight...it's just because I'm so tall, if I was 5'5 they wouldn't be shocked, haha

THIS!! LOL. I'm 5'9. When I tell people I used to weigh over 260, they are like, "NOO!" And to that I said, "YESSSS!"
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

For men, 6'0 is short

:huh: Really?
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be tall and look down on the world. I envied 6' women I knew. I always thought I would be tall if I could make it to 5'10". Never made it. :cry:
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

For men, 6'0 is short

:huh: Really?

Well, 5'11 is short, but they all claim to be 6'0 so, i said 6'0