suggest a good protein bar for me

Options

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I've loved every flavor tried of Power Crunch bars. They have wafers in them and taste like a fancy candy bar, so delicious (for real, versus "it's good - for a protein bar"). They have 13g-14g protein per bar and are generally 200 cals. Very satisfying.

http://www.powercrunch.com/original/

Also agree with this. They suffice for dessert sometimes for me!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I eat the Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe. 180 cals for 20gram protein. Less than a buck each when on sale or with a coupon.

My Favorite protein bar is jerky. : )
  • goody2shews
    goody2shews Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Think Thin bars. 240 Calories 0 surgar. I like them a lot. I have tried the peanut butter, white chocolate, brownie crunch, and espresso flavor. I'm a huge fan of anything coffee and suprisingly I don't like the espresso one. The rest are great though. I pay about $19 a box of 18 or 20 I beieve and get them at Sam's but I see them at Ingles Grocery for about $3 more.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    i would suggest finding out first if you are senstive to sugar alcohols (maltitol, xylitol, sorbitol, etc). those usually cause major problems if your body is sensitive. i found out the hard way by having the atkins ones for a while. bad idea. i have to choose the ones that have higher carbs now, but it works out becuase i don't have awful GI problems that i had with the sugar alcohol ones. just watch the ingredients! i usually buy luna or clif. high in carbs sometimes but don't cause issues.
  • cestwhat
    cestwhat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Gnu-Foods-Flavor-Chocolate-Brownie/dp/B000W0CHQI These are delicious and filling! They're pretty low in calories, so you could probably have two if you don't already have enough fibre in your diet (too much and you risk losing a bit of your vitamin intake).

Edit: I just realised that they don't have much protein to them. but I still recommend them if you're looking for a low-sugar snack to keep you full.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Quest bars. The Cinnamon Roll, Coconut Cashew and, their newest flavor, Banana Nut Muffin are very, very good taste-wise. Most importantly, though, they have the best nutritional profile of any bar on the market.
  • goody2shews
    Options
    PS

Think Thin bars are 20G protein.
  • redwolf6
    redwolf6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Quest bars > your face
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The Cliff Builders peanut butter are one of my fave as well!! Have you heard of Luna Bars? They are specifically designed for women the blueberry bars are my favorite and the lemon are sooo good too, but they do also have some chocolatey flavors if that is your thing :) They average around 180 calories per bar and I keep them in my backpack while I am at school and are a great snack to keep handy! I think the cliff bars are maybe almost 300 in calories? Cant remember but both are good and I dont like protein shakes and stuff either!

The Clif Builders run about 270 and have twice the protein of the regular Clif bars. But they don't taste quite as good and are about 50 cents more.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Balance Bar's Lemon Meringue Crunch is close your eyes and wiggle your toes delicious.

This. But I prefer to keep my eyes open. My favorite Balance Bar is the Cookie Dough!

Other good choices would be Pure Protein or Simple Truth protein bars. High in protein, lower in sugar, and decent on carbs. My favorite all time protein bar would be the Clif Builder's Mint Chocolate or the Promax protein bars , but those have way too much sugar. More like a candy bar

ETA: Think Thin bars are delicious too! Couldn't think of the name at first
  • goody2shews
    Options
    Clif Builders. Chocolate Mint or Peanut Butter.

I have two 16 yr old boys that eat those. I buy them with mine at Sams they are $19 for a box of 18. I don't like them because they give me horrible horrible heart burn. Even the regular cliff bars that are not the " builder bars " do the same for me but it doesn't for them and they are huge fans.

One thing though, both my boys are trying to GAIN weight and that is why they like them.
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    bumping for later :)
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Well... I don't know about sugar because I don't watch it myself... but I will always recommend Zone Perfect!

Best tasting bars on the market. Most are around 200 calories and 14 or 15 g of protein. Again... I don't look at the sugar content. Sugar is NOT what makes the body store fat.

Edited to add... I eat two a day!

Also edited to add... I just checked and my next snack for the day 13 g of sugar... no idea how conducive that is to your sugar goal.

They *do* taste the best! :drinker:
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    boiled egg.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Clif Builders. Chocolate Mint or Peanut Butter.

I agree...the Chocolate Mint one is like dessert for me...
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I still have yet to ever see a Quest bar anywhere. And I gotta give the Pure Protein bars a thumbs down on taste. Just Eww. I will eat two cliff bars or two Zone Perfect bars instead. (Or like today, a Clif bar and a Zone Perfect)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    ... Have you heard of Luna Bars? They are specifically designed for women ...

FVCK!!! I've been eating these. Nobody told me they were designed for women. I don't know what to do now........ but this may explain a few things.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    boiled egg.

I've been known to do this too... when I can't have my Zone Perfect.
  • SassyClassyandALittleBadAssy
    Options
    The Cliff Builders peanut butter are one of my fave as well!! Have you heard of Luna Bars? They are specifically designed for women the blueberry bars are my favorite and the lemon are sooo good too, but they do also have some chocolatey flavors if that is your thing :) They average around 180 calories per bar and I keep them in my backpack while I am at school and are a great snack to keep handy! I think the cliff bars are maybe almost 300 in calories? Cant remember but both are good and I don't like protein shakes and stuff either!

The Luna Protein are YUMMY! 12 gram protein and only 170 Cal's for the Cookie dough kind. I keep one in my gym bag for a quick snack between or after workouts if i'm running short on time.