Las Vegas NV, looking for friends and support...

Options
Hello all. I lived in Vegas for 5 years in the early 2000's, then moved back home to Texas for a while. Now I've moved back (missed it), and am looking for friends and moral support in the area, and anyone that's interested in hiking, camping, etc...

I spent the last week camping in the Cold Creek area up by Mt. Charleston, and enjoyed it, other than the cold.

I've been back here about 2 months, and only recently got back on the site due to lack of internet, and honestly, haven't dieted for the two months I was here, so I know I have to catch back up to where I was.

Anyways, drop me a line, or a friend request.

Thanks.

Replies

• ndmain1977
    ndmain1977 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thelady71
    thelady71 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Welcome back to fabulous Las Vegas! Do you have a specfic plan that you do? Diet & excercise?

Tess
  • jiggy66
    jiggy66 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Vegas too! Do you have a gym membership? I go to LVAC. Could use the support and motivation as well!
  • jbirdica
    jbirdica Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey All! I live in Las Vegas also. Any support and motivation is welcome in the weight loss journey.
  • Mermex84
    Options
    I too am from Las Vegas, just working to get off the last handful of pounds!
  • shrinkingsheshe
    shrinkingsheshe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i am as well from las vegas and would love any support of any kind!!!
  • Mochabadd
    Options
    I also live in Las Vegas. I am looking to join LVAC as well but I was hearing that you have to sign a contract.. is this true? Also I wanted to know more about the day care. It would be almost impossible to join there if I can not sign up for the child care. Any support is welcomed here as well.
  • rissa876
    rissa876 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm from Las Vegas, NV and work out at the athletic club. The door is open for support and motivation as well!
  • jiggy66
    jiggy66 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes you have to sign a contract, but for me it's worth it. I pay $31 a month (a dollar a day) for personal training, towel service, day care service, and obviously use of all gyms. If you don't plan on going to the gym then it might not be for you, but I go 6 times a week, so I feel like I get my money's worth. The daycare is great for my little one, she is four. I have heard some people don't like to bring their real little ones (<2 yrs old), but my daughter is always asking me "Are we going to the gym today?" LOL!
    I also live in Las Vegas. I am looking to join LVAC as well but I was hearing that you have to sign a contract.. is this true? Also I wanted to know more about the day care. It would be almost impossible to join there if I can not sign up for the child care. Any support is welcomed here as well.
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options

I loved LVAC, but I stay home now so I had to cut it.
  • bluebirdlx
    Options
    I'm in Las Vegas and I love to go hiking. I'd like to try doing it for fitness as well. It's going to be really nice up at Mt. Charleston in the next couple of months. Anyone who would like to go send me a message :) I also have a LVAC membership.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Check out the Las Vegas Groups here!!
  • KotyTyler
    KotyTyler Posts: 3,581 Member
    Options
    Hi ya my fellow Las Vegas'ans! It wouldn't be Las Vegans, like eating a vegan diet, that's not right, so I put a little twist on it. I do Curves and Zumba and live on the NW side. I lost 40#s on Nutrisystem from Dec. '07 to Oct. '08 when I made my goal weight. Been maintaining since then. Up a little/down a little. I agree that Mt. Charleston will be great in a few months. Has anyone ever hiked to the waterfall? I took a few people up there from time to time be we never made it all the way up there for one reason or another. I'm not a member of LVAC cuz it's so darn crowded all the time. Within the next month or so I'll be starting C25K (couch to 5k) and have some friends from the South and Cali coming in for the Rock N Roll Marathon, doing the 1/2, in November. Anyone that wants to add me feel free to do so! Nice to see so many of us here from Las Vegas-land! We should make our own thread that we can keep in touch on! See ya!
  • KotyTyler
    KotyTyler Posts: 3,581 Member
    Options
    Bump for those in Las Vegas
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Anyone go to LVAC south?
  • Amparito1
    Options
    I really like Planet Fitness. I go to the one in Henderson and pay $10 a month... the only thing that sucks is that we don't have any type of fitness classes or anything.. But I make up for that on my own with Yoga :) It's a very simple gym... No Judgment is their motto! If you're all about classes and such then I DO recommend LVAC, but if you're like me and only need a treadmill and a few machines, Planet Fitness is definitely the way to go!
  • janelleross
    janelleross Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I live in Las Vegas (well, Henderson actually) - and I could always use new friends for support & motivation! :)
  • navywendy00
    Options
    I'm in las vegas and ho to lvac as well. Best money ive ever spent. Love that gym and the classes!
  • Danardeener
    Options
    Vegas native checkin in! :)
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options
    I will be visiting Vegas for a week in March... Does that count?