Chalean Extreme, Starting 02-17-10

Options
Hey everyone,

I am starting this program tomorrow and seeing if there are anyone interested in joining me?

It's gonna be tough but it has to be done!

I have 97 days left to my wedding and need to burn!!

So who is with me?

Replies

• txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'll try it, this will be the 3rd time I've tried to start this. I keep getting fustrated with it and quit. This will hopefully be the motivation I need to keep up with it.
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Great, I'm glad your joining me! :flowerforyou:

I've tried this once before and I stopped after a week :grumble:

I need to check out my weights and resistance band and see which would suit me better! What will you be using and what bit frustrates you?

After each workout we should come back and report how the session went! It will be great having someone to report back to!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jenstalder
    Options
    i will join you ladies.. i started a couple of weeks ago and love it. It burns but it makes me feel better... :bigsmile:
  • txcwgirl
    Options
    I was using the bands and some free wights, I think that was the worst part for me because to change the bands for each movment took me too long. I did pickup new free weights so I am hoping that will help. I will probably do my workouts int he evening since I have to work out for work M-W-F mornings.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of Burn Circuit now and I love it. I literally lost 3 inches from my hips within 2 weeks. Hang in there. It is really worth it. Good luck!
  • deedun
    Options
    i will join you ladies.. i started a couple of weeks ago and love it. It burns but it makes me feel better... :bigsmile:

Hi, the more the merrier!

How are you finding the program so far? What weights are you using?

Tricia, are you going to use the weights from now on or alternate between the band?
  • deedun
    Options
    I'm in the middle of Burn Circuit now and I love it. I literally lost 3 inches from my hips within 2 weeks. Hang in there. It is really worth it. Good luck!

:love: 3" in two weeks? That is brilliant, Congrats :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I am looking forward to starting this now, hopefully we'll be seeing good results soon :flowerforyou:
  • txcwgirl
    Options

Tricia, are you going to use the weights from now on or alternate between the band?

I think I will use just the free weights until I need more weight. Ihave up to 15 pounds right now, and I know it will take me a while to get to the point those are too light.
  • txcwgirl
    Options
    I hope I can lose 2" off my waist, that is where I need it the most. Also I have hit that plateau of no weight loss for 2 weeks, so I hope this will kick it into gear again for me.
  • SweetieBsMom
    SweetieBsMom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I just started last week. I'm on week #2 of Burn. I'm using free weights, I have weights that go pretty heavy but I covet those select tech weights! Just not in my budget.

I haven't used the cardio DVDs but instead have been doing Turbo Kick everyday. I probably should follow the program as it's laid out. I'm not following the diet plan either, just following my MFP plan.

3in in 2 weeks is amazing! Are you following her diet as well?

Michelle
  • stosto77
    stosto77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'll join! I tried starting a couple of weeks ago but so far I have only done Burn Circuit I (3 times)- I keep starting over but I never make it past the 1st day. The bad part is, it was enjoyable & I was motivated while doing it but I haven't been able to motivate myself the next day and the next day.... So here goes...
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    stosto77 - Glad you're willing to give it a try again. I'll offer you the saying I use when running long miles or getting my butt to the basement to do a workout: "Git er done" (with a thick texan accent). It makes me laugh and even makes my 10 year old daughter laugh when we swim laps together. So, just go get er done and before you know it you'll be in those smaller clothes! (BTW, I have no idea where this saying came from. Just my weird mind perhaps!)
  • txcwgirl
    Options
    YogaRunner - The phrase is from Larry the Cable Guy but you are right in that we need to use it on ourselves and make sure we Get er done.

:laugh:
  • chickylet
    Options
    I have done the Chalean Extreme workouts. They are great. I found them a little easy though because I had done P90X just before starting the program. The cardio workouts kick your butt. Good luck to everyone who is doing the program or who is thinking about doing it. Between the P90X and Chalean Extreme, I went from a size 9/10 to a 4 so they do work, but you really do need to watch what you eat. Again, good luck everyone.
  • deedun
    Options
    Look at this group grow! :drinker:

I'm looking forward to starting this tomorrow! I probably won't be saying that halfway through though! :grumble: But with only 97 days til the wedding I need this :noway:

Chickylet, Another pug lover! I have two and I just :heart: :heart: :heart: pugs!!

How about everyone that is starting tomorrow do the before pictures (Don't worry I'm not gonna put mine up here :laugh: ) and do the measuring along with the fit test so we know what we are starting at??
  • txcwgirl
    Options
    I'll have to do my measurements today More then likely I'll actually start the program today since I need a workout anyway. See everyone tomorrow.
  • deedun
    Options
    I'll have to do my measurements today More then likely I'll actually start the program today since I need a workout anyway. See everyone tomorrow.

Way to go!

Let me know how you get on!

It's nearly 11pm here so I'm off to bed :yawn:

See you all tomorrow :flowerforyou:
  • chickylet
    Options
    Look at this group grow! :drinker:

I'm looking forward to starting this tomorrow! I probably won't be saying that halfway through though! :grumble: But with only 97 days til the wedding I need this :noway:

Chickylet, Another pug lover! I have two and I just :heart: :heart: :heart: pugs!!

How about everyone that is starting tomorrow do the before pictures (Don't worry I'm not gonna put mine up here :laugh: ) and do the measuring along with the fit test so we know what we are starting at??

I love pugs too. I have 2 that are pure bred and we have another one that we think may be a bug but not sure. We're thinking of having a DNA test done to see for sure. We also have a puggle, pug/beagle mix.
  • jenstalder
    Options
    workout done.. man she hurts me.. but cant wait to see myself in 90 days.. :bigsmile:

doesn everyone know that you can log your workouts in the beachbody gym and win daily prizes.. you can do it as a FREE MEMBER.:flowerforyou:

Here is the website if anyone is interested in winning prizes just for logging your workouts...:drinker:
    www.beachbodycoach.com/stalder

Hope everyone is getting their sweat on like me....!!!!!:laugh:
  • ashlieh4048
    ashlieh4048 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i would like to do this, but i looked it up and it was like " for only 3 small payments of 30 dollars!! (plus 20 dollar shipping)"
    so shhooo i am broke right now..

!!!

But good luck :]