3 1/2 months and 30lbs later! Prego Weight is gone!

Options
So here goes, haven't posted pictures before so hope this turns out. Figured it was time to finally post some before and after pics if for no other reason then my own entertainment! :) Plus I really enjoy seeing everyone else's success stories and they have really helped me in my weight loss journey.

Gained about 45 pounds during my pregnancy (not to mention I never lost that last 10 from my first pregnancy) and decided the weight need to come off once and for all! Definitely not as dramatic a weight loss as a lot of you folks but still a big accomplishment for me.

Some Stats about me:
Height: 5'6"
Starting Weight: 172 lbs
Current Weight: 141 lbs (about 9 lbs below my pre-prego weight)
Main Forms of Exercise: I've only been doing cardio up till now and 90% of that has been Zumba with a little bit of the elliptical and various other group fitness exercise.

Day of Delivery June 15, 2012 (this was pretty much the only time I had a valid excuse for being overweight)
Parrish_061512_0008-1resize.jpg

1 Month Post C-section (Don't have a lot of my pics from this point on since I wasn't really digging the camera)
Parrish_070712_0008-1resize.jpg

Early September (I had lost about 20 pounds at this point but realized the last 25-30 wasnt coming off until I put forth some real effort, I had't started back exercising yet at this point. After looking at the scale stuck at 172 lbs and seeing this picture, I decided I needed to start MFP)
Parrish_091212_0014-1resize.jpg

End of October (Again, really didnt like looking at myself in pics so this was the first time I decided to actually take before pics)
Parrish_110712_0001-1resize.jpg

And from the side
Parrish_110712_0005resize.jpg

Around Thanksgiving
Parrish_120412_0010resize.jpg

Gotta love how my son decided to photobomb this one
Parrish_120412_0006resize.jpg

Today
photoresize.jpg

Side View
photo-2resize.jpg

Had to throw this one in for fun since it was these two little monsters that created this whole post lol!
photo-3resize.jpg

I still have a few more pounds to go (I've never been a petite gal and have no plans to be) and I am really starting to focus on strength training now especially the quads since it's dumping in the mountains and I am ready to ride! Had to skip last season since snowboarding is not highly reccommended while pregnant (although I did ignore that rule twice during my pregnancy, shhhh, don't tell anyone!) I've started using kettlebells which I enjoy but I will continue to do my first love, Zumba, Zumba Zumba!!

Thanks for letting me share!

Replies

• ElizabethAnn1993
    ElizabethAnn1993 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    how'd u lose te weight, btw u look great :)
  • delacruz_courtney
    Options
    congratulations!!! You look great!!!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your achievement. You look so fit and gorgeous!:love:
  • Ib220
    Ib220 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing! and congrats, this really inspires me since i'm a mom (my baby's 4 months old) and i also had a c-section. i'm scared i'll be stuck with this body forever, since a lot of ppl say so, but your achievement changed my mind. i will be adding you, if you don't mind :)
  • illusions94
    illusions94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well done!! you look great :)
  • kimmysueneal
    kimmysueneal Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!!
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You look great! And I love your hair curly.
  • LuvHinesWard86
    LuvHinesWard86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • tinanana7
    tinanana7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    how'd u lose te weight, btw u look great :)

Thanks so much! I lost the weight by doing a lot (and I mean a lot!) of Zumba. I was pretty much working out 7 days a week in order to stay within my calorie budget. Thankfully, Zumba is so much fun that it never really felt like a workout. I actually have to make myself not go on some days now (especially since I am starting to strength train) so that I am allowing my body to rest.

I think the other huge part was really counting every calorie that I ate. I used a food scale to make sure everything was accurate as well. I pretty much cut out all snacking and made sure I had a calorie deficit almost everyday (i did have a few cheat days here and there.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You look great, congratulations!!
  • tinanana7
    tinanana7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing! and congrats, this really inspires me since i'm a mom (my baby's 4 months old) and i also had a c-section. i'm scared i'll be stuck with this body forever, since a lot of ppl say so, but your achievement changed my mind. i will be adding you, if you don't mind :)

Thanks for all the comments, you guys are so nice. And you can definitely do it! Its not always easy and I had to really make a point to find time for my workouts no matter what. Not easy with little ones combined with a lack of sleep (which I am sure you are all to familiar with). So sometimes that meant I was working out at 5 in the morning or 10 at night. Thankfully this wasnt the norm but there were days when that was when I had to work out.

Plus the diet. I was (and still am) eating tons of veggies, whole grains and some lean protein. I know that was primarily responsible for the weight (and fat loss). The exercise only accelerated it. I think they say ideally about 80% of your plate should come from the ground (or be grown) and only 20% should walk on legs or have a face. :)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Love the picture with the kids. Great job! :smile:
  • Mz_AnGeLic
    Options
    U look great, well done! N, ur kiddoz.......adorable!!! ;)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    You look great ! And I LOOOOVE that last picture with you holding up your little ones - what a FUN picture!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA FUN!! YAY!! And you look sooooooooooooo GREAT!!

Thanks for posting!! CONGRATS!!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    congrats! Those kids are too cute!!!
  • westendlove
    westendlove Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nice work! You look great. Definitely keep that last photo and show your boys when they are older! haha
  • shawnajones
    shawnajones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow I just read your weight loss story and got motivated for another day. I had my son in July and I have a ways to go and it is not coming off easy. I have lost 30 pounds so far but there are still 35 more to go. I gained weight before I got pregnant so little to say I have some work to do. Thanks for posting the pics! Beautiful family!
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    :drinker: You look amazing way to go! Very inspiring. :smile:
  • ThereseIShere
    ThereseIShere Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!