What is your favorite snack?

Options
shadowlydarkness
shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
Hi guys,

I'm new here, but not new on the weightloss journey.
I was just wondering what are your favorite snacks?
I'm always trying to stay healthy but every now and then I am just
craving something sweet or savoury, what do you guys snack on?

I know popcorn (low salt/no butter) can be a good choice
and of course fruit and veggies are great, but what else?

Replies

• CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I usually only snack on fruits and veggies, so I'm not much help.

Kale chips are pretty amazing if you've ever had them.
    (:
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I like the fun-size bags of Teddy Grahams. They are only 60 calories each and have many teddies in them :)
    When I have some more calories to play with I would dip them in peanut butter, flavored yogurt or ice-cream :blushing:

Yesterday I tried the Jello temptations chocolate mousse. Not too bad for 60 calories.

You can also look up the 3-2-1 cake. I've never made it but many on the boards love it.
  • Tdaughtersmom
    Tdaughtersmom Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hummus spooned inside those little mini bell peppers... YUM!

For portion control, I make cheese dip with one slice (one ounce) white American cheese, 2 TBS skim milk and 2 tsp of pickled jalapeno juice. Put that in a bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds: stir then microwave 30 more seconds. In the meantime, spray 2 corn tortillas with butter flavored non stick cooking spray sprinkle with salt. cut each into 4-6 triangles, and bake for 5-8 minutes to make low calorie tortilla chips. This snack is so satisfying. It is portion controlled, but still indulgent.

For a sweet snack (this sounds terrible, but don't knock it till you try it once.)
    Stir 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 mashed banana and 1 tsp peanut butter together until the banana and peanut butter is well blended with the cottage cheese. Now, I don't particularly like bananas or cottage cheese, but this snack is delicious!!
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    wasa with cheese or peanut butter. :>
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    ice cream or cookies. not a lot, just 200-300 kcal a day.
  • SavannahStarves
    Options
    Rice cakes <3 different flavors and really low in calories
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    cucumbersss!!
  • DrenRigs
    DrenRigs Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    pumpkin butter with rice cakes or bags of popcorn with nacho cheese sprinkles
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I like to eat sticks of butter and bacon. Just kidding. If I'm in the mood for healthy, my favorite snack is grapes and low-fat string cheese. The light Laughing Cow cheese is awesome too. It's good on celery or english muffins.
  • _Fitgirl_In_Training_
    Options
    I usually only snack on fruits and veggies, so I'm not much help.

Kale chips are pretty amazing if you've ever had them.
    (:

Loveeee Kale chips... at first I wasn't a big fan, but really good when you want the crunch but also staying healthy.. one of my frequent snacks.
  • DrenRigs
    DrenRigs Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    @Natasha... :bigsmile: if it fits your macros huh lol
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Cucumber and carrot sticks with hummus and beetroot tzatziki (portion control on the dips)
    Greek yoghurt with chia seeds and a little stevia if you like (sometimes with berries or 1/2 a banana)
    Rice cakes/crackers with peanut butter
  • marianim35
    Options
    nuts (walnuts, pecans, etc)

dried apple or prunes

greek yogurt with a little bit of honey and pumpkin seeds or nuts
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    Fresh fruit, if it's in the house. Herbal dessert teas (Stash has an awesome vanilla nut creme decaf tea that I enjoy). Handful of almonds. If I'm having a good calorie day, I'll have something like cookies or a snack cake. Baby carrots and low-fat dip. Celery stalk and peanut butter. Unsweetened applesauce.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Special K butter flavor popcorn chips!
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I love the no sugar added frozen mixed berries with a lil fat free cool whip myself.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    OK, I guess it depends upon how much your allowable caloric intake is but I like the Sweet and Salty bars.. 160-170 cal vs 250-280 for a candy bar. Protein bars provide 20 gr. protein for 200 calories... Raymundo jello cups are 25 cal. Fruit can be a good choice. Also I like the Antioxident Fiber bars that provide up to 35% fiber needs for 120-150 cal. In short, I try to make my snacks provide a nutritional need as well. The problem I had when I was 344 lbs+ was a lot of empty calories... Now, I do eat quite a few snack type items BUT try to ensure they also meet some nutritional values as well.... Maybe not the BEST choice but certainly a better one than engorging myself with hudreds of calories for no nutritional return.
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your awesome replies guys!
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have just discovered the filling effects of a nice cup of coffee with milk. It's under 50 calories for two cups and fills my tummy for a long time. I'm concerned with becoming caffeine dependent, but I'm so bad at mindless snacking that it'll be worth it!

Oh, also I've also fallen in love with a serving of prunes with a tablespoon of dark chocolate chips. It feels really rich and naughty, but it's a better calorie count than a candy bar. :)
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Pretzels dipped in Nutella- I discovered this when I was pregnant and craving chocolate covered pretzels (which are quite difficult to find in England). Its now a favourite and my son loves it too!

Also a toasted pita or veggies with hummus, melba toast with a bit of low fat cream cheese for when you want something crunchy, and homemade banana muffins- mine are only 85 cals