The Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Options
124»

Replies

• MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    They are my FAVORITE!!! Carol of the Bells is the tops! And I can't stand Christmas music! Lol :laugh:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    LOVE-LOVE-LOVE!!!
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Not a fan at all... overplayed, overrated and overprocessed.

Ick.

Guess I'm in the minority here :)
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Overplayed? I can't think of the last time I heard anyone play them. Though they do get played for a lot of Christmas music ...

Overrated? I dunno. They're pretty good. Unless you only go for choral stuff, which is also nice.

Overprocessed? ... Lol?
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Overplayed? I can't think of the last time I heard anyone play them. Though they do get played for a lot of Christmas music ...

Overrated? I dunno. They're pretty good. Unless you only go for choral stuff, which is also nice.

Overprocessed? ... Lol?

Yes, overplayed -- in the stores, elevators, TV commercials, you name it.

Yes, overrated -- they are the Justin Bieber of orchestral music.

And yes, overprocessed -- maybe it's because I'm a classically trained musician with over 30 years of playing under my belt, but synthesizers and pyrotechnics aren't in my definition of an "orchestra." It's just filler crap to keep the plebes ooh-ing and ah-ing.

Nothing original or creative about them... all sizzle, no steak.
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    my 16 yr old son and I love them!!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    They're good, but I thought that their show was long and drawn out.

Saw them at the Xcel Energy Center (one of the best arenas for live music in the world) and was ready to head out about 45 mins before the end of the concert.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    If you've seen their Christmas show in the past, go see them again this year. They've redone their show, and somehow their set is more amazing than ever.

I go in four days to see there new show! this post just made me so much more excited!
    hopefully i dont get overheated with fire AGAIN! lol.
    but i really love where i usually sit you can see it all everything that goes onand im practically lookin over the stage.. even when
    horace cussed at someone the year before last.lol no one even noticed.. well i would notice something like that. lol (im pretty sure he was joking around with the guy he cussed at though)