Is Christmas going to be a free day for you?

Options

Replies

• OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    It's Christmas. Thanksgiving + Christmas are my totally not worry about what I eat or how much I eat free days. But those are the only two days of the year that this will happen, ever. From last June for forever!!! :)
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Jesus would want it to be that way. I know, because he's been known to throw a feast.

AMEN!
  • Soulshaa
    Soulshaa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm going to enjoy Christmas & eat whatever I want. It's one day & if you watched everything you ate on Christmas, I doubt you'd have much fun.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I will be logging but i will be enjoying myself. It will be a cheat day. Since my taste buds have changed i will be going for the fresh fruit and one tiny slice of something sweet for dessert. None of the salads r healthy. And entree is always yummy. As im eaying less now i cant cope with super big portion sizes any more
  • LoveLiveLifeXo
    LoveLiveLifeXo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No. I will def go over my 1600 calories, lol.
    But, I won't eat too many sweets, and only some fruits and veggies for lunch. I will be cooking a lot, so I will be busy. It's dinner and afterwards I'm most worried about.
    I lovelovelove cooking. Especially baking. So, I don't really know what's going to happen there.
    But I'm going to limit myself.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i'm still logging that day. i'll probably eat and exercise more that day, but i am still planning to log it. i hope to still come in under goal, but if not, i will log that also.
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sort of.

I'm going to be free with my meals, but wary of snacks/booze. I'm not going to blow all the hard work, however. Portion control and sensible choices. WIth booze. ;)
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    We will have 2 Christmas dinners, one on Christmas eve with my husband's family and one on Christmas day with my family. I am going to TRY to log everything those days and watch portions, but hey, if I don't it's not a big deal. I'm not gona worry about it. It's a holiday and I'm going to enjoy it.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    probably not, my fam doesn't make that unhealthy of dinner so I should be able to make things fit. Working out however is probably a no go
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I am logging what i eat, and since I am the cook, it will be mostly heart healthy. We will have dessert but mine will be a small portion. Christmas Eve is harder for me with 3-4 church services I am in with our music ministry- there is food all over the church for the staff and musicians. I will probably not eat and keep a cup of coffee and/or water in my hand.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    No, I don't even feel the need to stuff myself or overdo it, but I probably won't log since everything I eat will be homemade. I have totally changed the way I eat and don't need cheat days or meals anymore. Everything in moderation works just fine.
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'll most likely log my calories. I will probably try to eat as much healthy food as I would with the unhealthy food and not go overboard.
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    As well as Christmas Day itself, we have New Year and, in between, my eldest daughter is getting married. I shall be moving to maintenance for the entire week and looking at weekly, not daily totals, but still logging, as best I can.
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Definitely not going to be counting on christmas day. I am planning on eating less than I have previously though, mostly due to the fact that I am now gluten and dairy free which puts most of the junk food out of limit. It will be just that day, after that it is back on track.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Christmas will be a half-free day, dinner only.
  • PHATCHIK
    PHATCHIK Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    All I keep thinking about is German Chocolate Cake.....I really want some! But then I tell myself that they will still be making them once I reach my goal! I am going to try to stay focused and in accordance with my diet plan. Good luck to all....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
  • pimsoclock
    Options
    Christmas and Boxing Day (a much bigger event in my family) will be free days, as will NYE (the parents live in paris where it is the feast day of st. sylvester). I'll try to log my calories, but I won't worry in the slightest if I hit 4,000 kcal.

What I will do is be very very strict the week before and afterwards to hopefully average out my cals over the week to my daily target, if not that then at least to 2,000 kcals!

Bring on the sherry trifle!
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    It will be free to some degree... I will eat my favorite foods but no seconds..... I am sure I will be walking on Christmas day to start the day off right....My kids arent home with me until the afternoon.
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    sort of yes, sort of no. I use different guidelines for big holiday meals. I log everything but don't worry if I go over my goals. My usual rules:
    --no bread
    --no more than one glass of wine or champagne
    --survey all of the offerings for the meal. Decide which two or three look the least healthy and skip them.
    --eat small servings
    --do not take seconds
    --if there is more than one dessert option, take the one that looks healthiest and no seconds.
    This way I feel like I indulge a lot more than usual, enjoy the meal, don't freak out about counting calories, but still am making good choices. It's a balance that works for me.
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yes. I did the same for Thanksgiving aswell.

I think it's a way to keep myself sane during the holidays. Knowing there are 3 or so days I can eat normally without having a major guilt trip.