Is Christmas going to be a free day for you?

Options

Replies

• bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. Part of why I got to where I was, was being too afraid to face the insane intake that I knew I had. To actually SEE it written down. That being said, I'll log. And won't skip having anything tasty.....I'll just (as every day) be aware of portion sizes (even if I choose to have 2 or 3 servings, at least I'll be aware of it and be making that choice, haha) and enjoy it. If I got over, I go over. Either way, I'll enjoy it :) And tomorrow will be a fresh new day!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Oh man. I'm taking off Christmas, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, and a few more dinners in between... Bring on the holiday noms !!!!!!
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    Taking a nice couple of free days. One for the family party and the other for Christmas day. I wont log but I am not going to go too crazy. I like the one plate rule idea. (Of course there will be a small dessert plate as well, lets see how much I can stuff on that.)

And lots of spiced wine!

I went a little crazy on Thanksgiving and no damage was done. I am set to enjoy my days off! (I'll still do an hour workout in the morning on each of these days though)

Right back on the wagon on the 26th!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I will be cheating Sunday afternoon (Christmas Eve Eve) when we visit my family..... and Christmas Day when we visit my fiance's family. Now, I will be working out on Christmas Eve Eve, Christmas Eve, and may even work out on Christmas Day (Not entirely sure on that one yet) -- BUT I typically don't cheat a whole day.... It usually ends up being a cheat meal. but I eat whatever I want, and don't feel guilty about it. That being said, I'm always so ready to get back to healthy eating the next morning! :)
  • JPG1313
    Options
    It'll be a normal day for me working a double getting off at 7am back at 3pm til 7 am the next day.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    probably not because we aren't doing anything, not going anywhere, no one is coming here...not making anything special...now New Years Eve is a different story b/c my husband is cooking and he can throw down (he's a retired chef) and he's making down home southern cookin'....smoked ribs, real mac n cheese (home made, his special recipe of course), smoked salmon, (can you tell he just bought a smoker?), I forget what all he's making...but it sounded yummy, plus chocolate ganauch truffles and mocha caramel truffles for dessert. The neighbor's are in for a treat! :bigsmile:
  • simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    It's only once a year people so enjoy
  • xxslvrxwngsxx
    xxslvrxwngsxx Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I will be pigging out on certain foods that are only cooked once or twice a year <3 MMMMMMMMM
  • simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • rachaelbmh
    Options
    I'd encourage you to treat it like any other day. Just because it's a holiday doesn't mean that you need to eat like you never have or not get your workout in. I'm of the mindset that sure, you can go a little easier on yourself, but don't throw caution to the wind, because you might end up going overboard. Think of it as an informed decision to have a few indulgences, not a moment to get rid of your deprivation and dig in to all the foods you've been missing. Everything in moderation, including moderation.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I will be eating dishes I wouldn't normally eat for dinner, but the rest of the day will remain the same. I have two christmas dinners so the same will apply to the next day. I do not plan on getting any workout in on Christmas but will before the second dinner :)
  • Ichristini
    Ichristini Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have switched over to maintenance this week. The Holidays are a time of family and fellowship, and in my family fellowship means a lot of food and drink, I will still run my hour each morning ( about a 700 calorie burn) and I will move back to weight loss after the first. I am down nearly 60 lbs since July, and If I cannot learn to balance socializing and weight management I will never be successful.

Good Luck Everyone!

25851322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    No. I totally pigged out Thanksgiving. I will still eat delicious food though, just keep it at an appropriate range.
    I am making a Hanukkah dinner this year, roast chicken with apricot stuffing.
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'll eat freely at dinne time but still keep it in portion sizes, after all its the flavor that I'm after right? I probably won't bother to log it. :wink:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Jesus would want it to be that way. I know, because he's been known to throw a feast.
  • buda12345
    buda12345 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    God's gift to all of us = Christmas doesn't count:drinker:
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Free day. Yes.

Christmas lunch is always at my house so I will be having a bit of everything that I cook - and a slice of black cherry cheesecake and a nice piece of pavlova with fresh fruit and cream.

I'm just logging my calories for the day as added calories to my cal total. Not too fussed if I go over or not. One day for me is not going to send me into a spiral of overeating.

Besides...I intend to pack and parcel the leftovers up to send home with everyone so boxing day isn't a pick fest.

(in all honesty, the way I hurricane around the kitchen cooking for Christmas, I will burn as much as I eat)
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Christmas eve and christmas day will be a free day for me, but I'm not going to let myself go overboard like I did Thanksgiving.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Oh god. The amount of Christmas food I have already eaten is..bad.

As for Christmas day? Yes. I guess so. If I need to I will use the home gym or find some ways to burn calories.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    It will be for me and I won't care one bit.