Any 5'7" ladies with before and afters?!

Options

Replies

• AmandaMaitland
    AmandaMaitland Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I have a large frame. I used this military calculator and found out I have a lean body mass of 118. So at 120 I would be considered really underweight. :) A healthy weight just above underweight would be 150 lbs! So that's the goal I'm shooting for... 155 - 150. :D

Here's the link I used, you'll need to take your measurements: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

Hey thanks for this I just checked it out myself it says I should be 151. I'm shooting for 150 so this is really close. I'm also 5'7", so once I get down to 150 I guess I'll re-evaluate my goals from there. I'm lifting as well cardio right now so we'll see how my body looks at that point. Once I'm in the healthy weight range, the scale won't matter to me anymore, I'll just want to look toned from there!

I tried it out too! It put some things into perspective for sure :) Thanks for the feedback!!
  • iSurvive
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I have a large frame. I used this military calculator and found out I have a lean body mass of 118. So at 120 I would be considered really underweight. :) A healthy weight just above underweight would be 150 lbs! So that's the goal I'm shooting for... 155 - 150. :D

Here's the link I used, you'll need to take your measurements: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

This seems to be right on! At my skinniest I was 161 and I was accused of being anorexic. I was honestly probably not eating enough, but not actively anorexic. I looked good and was healthy looking at 170. This site said that a healthy weight for me (all be it high end) was 169. The goal I have set for myself is 175.
  • AmandaMaitland
    Options
    Before I was 206, now I'm 155, medium frame.

I want to get down to 145, and plan on having a lot of muscle so I'll look even smaller.

I think if I tried to get into the 120/130 I would have to push myself to a level of food logging detail and enact strict lifestyle change that I wouldn't be happy with. But again, I'm medium frame, and love my sweets!

Well now I'm confused about my frame! I had gone to my physician and she said I was small frame. I also wrapped my thumb and middle finger around my wrist and they overlap .. which means small frame. However, when I measure it with measuring tape it says I'm a large frame. Ugh the confusion!

On a side note, congrats on your weight loss! You've done awesome! :happy:
  • jessicaw79
    jessicaw79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Here are my before and during, I started out about exactly where you're at, same weight and measurements almost exactly. It took me a loooong time to figure it out, and I'm not done yet, I'm going to start lifting weights now, but my before was April 1st, my after was last week. I still have a belly but I'm hoping the lifting will get rid of it! I have a short waist so that doesn't help, lol. I went from 144 to 133.5 as of this morning.

ETA: I clearly don't know how to post picture right, you'll have to right click on it to view the after, haha...sorry!

You have done awesome!! I have a short waist as well.. or at least I think so! lol so I know how you feel! Keep up the good work because it is definitely paying off! :)

Thank you!!! And hey, at least with short waists we get to have long legs, haha!
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Hey thanks for this I just checked it out myself it says I should be 151. I'm shooting for 150 so this is really close. I'm also 5'7", so once I get down to 150 I guess I'll re-evaluate my goals from there. I'm lifting as well cardio right now so we'll see how my body looks at that point. Once I'm in the healthy weight range, the scale won't matter to me anymore, I'll just want to look toned from there!

That's great! Glad I could help. It sure helped me. :bigsmile:
  • jessicaw79
    jessicaw79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7"...my starting pic is about 140 lbs and after is 125. (my before & after from doing The New Rules of Lifting for Women program.)

Resampled_BIKINI122.jpg

You look so great!! I just started this book last night, I'm hoping to get results like yours!!
  • AmandaMaitland
    Options
    I about 5' 8" and started off at 277 pounds, size 24 and now I'm 165 and a size 10. I always wanted to reach 150 but been stalled out for a year now. Most people don't think I weight what I do so that's a good thing.

scan0014.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    beforeandafterfaceshots.jpg

All I can say is wow! You look great and have done an amazing job! Definitely an inspiration to myself as well as many others! Keep up the hard work! :happy:
  • AmandaMaitland
    Options
    Here are my before and during, I started out about exactly where you're at, same weight and measurements almost exactly. It took me a loooong time to figure it out, and I'm not done yet, I'm going to start lifting weights now, but my before was April 1st, my after was last week. I still have a belly but I'm hoping the lifting will get rid of it! I have a short waist so that doesn't help, lol. I went from 144 to 133.5 as of this morning.

ETA: I clearly don't know how to post picture right, you'll have to right click on it to view the after, haha...sorry!

You have done awesome!! I have a short waist as well.. or at least I think so! lol so I know how you feel! Keep up the good work because it is definitely paying off! :)

Thank you!!! And hey, at least with short waists we get to have long legs, haha!

haha that's right!! :wink:
  • OtiWanKenobi
    Options
    I'm 5'7"...my starting pic is about 140 lbs and after is 125. (my before & after from doing The New Rules of Lifting for Women program.)

Resampled_BIKINI122.jpg

I've been seeing a lot of women on MFP post on this book. Adding it to my Amazon wish list! Hope the hubby finds it and buys it for me. :tongue:
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" (I posted my pics & stats below).

I have done a lot of internet searching in the past to find out what is an appropriate weight for a 5'7" female in 18-25 age range. Most charts I saw generally said 120-150lbs and said "big/small-bonedness" (Small/Med/Large bodyframe) and amount of body fat/muscle plays a big role. To figure out your body frame, there's a trick where you put your thumb & index finger around the smallest part of your wrist.

Thumb & index finger overlap: Small body frame
    Thumb & index finger touch: Medium
    Thumb & index finger do not touch: Large bodyframe/big-boned

So if you have a small bodyframe, then 120lbs is fine. But if you are big-boned and 120lbs, it will probably look sickly thin. I was 120lbs at 5'7" when I was 16 and I looked like a skinny gross scarecrow (Awkward teenage stage?). I was 120lbs of bones, flab, NO MUSCLE. I think I look good in the 130-140 range... 120lbs might be ok if it's mostly muscle but I'm sure 150lbs is way too much. I felt fat at 145. I find weight standards hard to go by because muscle and fat weight can trick you. I have been a flabby 140lbs and a toned 140lbs, it looks completely different.

I would say, go by what you see in the mirror and keep track of your bust-waist-hip measurements.

-My stats-
    Starting/heaviest weight: 144lbs (Fall 2012)
    Lightest weight: 120lbs (2005)
    Current weight: 136lbs (Winter 2012)
    Goal weight: 130lbs

My progress:
    Date......weight.....bust-waist-hips
    11/05.....144lbs.....37-31-39
    11/12.....142lbs.....37-31-39
    11/19.....140lbs.....36-30-39
    11/26.....140lbs.....36-30-38.5
    12/03.....138lbs.....36-29.5-38.5
    12/10.....136lbs.....36-29-38
    12/17......
    12/24......
    12/31.....

Before: 144lbs in February 2012 vs. 138lbs in November 2012.
    Mostly difference in body tone.
    now.jpg
  • AmandaMaitland
    Options
    I am 5'7" (I posted my pics & stats below).

I have done a lot of internet searching in the past to find out what is an appropriate weight for a 5'7" female in 18-25 age range. Most charts I saw generally said 120-150lbs and said "big/small-bonedness" (Small/Med/Large bodyframe) and amount of body fat/muscle plays a big role. To figure out your body frame, there's a trick where you put your thumb & index finger around the smallest part of your wrist.

Thumb & index finger overlap: Small body frame
    Thumb & index finger touch: Medium
    Thumb & index finger do not touch: Large bodyframe/big-boned

So if you have a small bodyframe, then 120lbs is fine. But if you are big-boned and 120lbs, it will probably look sickly thin. I was 120lbs at 5'7" when I was 16 and I looked like a skinny gross scarecrow (Awkward teenage stage). I find weight standards hard to go by because muscle and fat weight can trick you. I have been a flabby 140lbs and a toned 140lbs, it looks completely different.

I would say, go by what you see in the mirror and keep track of your bust-waist-hip measurements.

-My stats-
    Starting/heaviest weight: 144lbs (Fall 2012)
    Lightest weight: 130lbs (2010)
    Current weight: 136lbs (Winter 2012)
    Goal weight: 130lbs

My progress:
    Date......weight.....bust-waist-hips
    11/05.....144lbs.....37-31-39
    11/12.....142lbs.....37-31-39
    11/19.....140lbs.....36-30-39
    11/26.....140lbs.....36-30-38.5
    12/03.....138lbs.....36-29.5-38.5
    12/10.....136lbs.....36-29-38
    12/17......
    12/24......
    12/31.....

Before: 144lbs in February 2012 vs. 138lbs in November 2012.
    Mostly difference in body tone.
    now.jpg

You have done so awesome! Your recent measurements are almost exact to mine! And "a skinny gross scarecrow (Awkward teenage stage)." ... sounds so sad! lol but I know what you mean! I think I will just have to keep measuring like you said. Sometimes I'm not happy with what I see in the mirror. I mean I'm proud of how far I've come, but then I'm always going to feel like I need to look better. I guess it's a self conscious issue. Erg, gotta work on that too! haha, Thanks a bunch for the feedback!
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Mirrors & lighting can be deceiving! I look okay in my mirror & the bathroom mirror... But in dressing rooms with bright fluorescent lights, I can see every line/bump/untoned part of my body >__>
  • AmandaMaitland
    Options
    Mirrors & lighting can be deceiving! I look okay in my mirror & the bathroom mirror... But in dressing rooms with bright fluorescent lights, I can see every line/bump/untoned part of my body >__>

Ugh, I feel you on that. My least favorite place to try on clothes is Target! With the bright lights and the glare off the red walls.. I see ev.er.y.thing! Either way, you look awesome!
  • Maggie9fc
    Maggie9fc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5"7, weigh 143 lbs and have very similar measurements. I have a medium frame and I think I look too thin at 120 lbs so my goal is 130. But 120 is within the healthy BMI range so you should be ok.
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics (not sure how to post them yet either...) but I'm 5'7", small frame, and I'm almost always somewhere between 125-130 depending on what I'm doing, eating, etc. Unless everyone's lying to me, I appear to be healthy and toned, not sickly :)

Though, on a side note, in high school I weighed closer to 120 but had ZERO muscle - was skinny-fat (I think that's what people on here call that - not sure) and was a few sizes larger. Having muscle tone but weighing slightly more looks better on my frame.
  • Beth24793
    Beth24793 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Left= 17 years old, 160 lbs. or so, 5'5
    Right= 20 years old, 120 lbs. or so, 5'6

:)

160to120small.jpg

Everyone on here is AMAZING!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    5`7`` as well... I am aiming for 150-160 as I have a heavy build. (big boned) I was once 140lbs and everybody even my dr though I was anorexic....
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" and my goal is 148 pounds. I'm so happy that my index finger and thumb don't touch! I have only 3 pounds to go and it is taking a long time:)
  • OtiWanKenobi
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" and my goal is 148 pounds. I'm so happy that my index finger and thumb don't touch! I have only 3 pounds to go and it is taking a long time:)

I feel the same way! I can't weight to reach my goal...bc my index finger and thumb don't touch either and what I see in your profile picture is what I'm trying to achieve.

Great job at almost reaching your goal. :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!