Anyone else with this issue???

Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, I lost 5 lbs before and lost a pant size and I am a guy.

First, it depends where you store your fat. Second, if you concentrate on a moderate deficit and heavy weight training, you will increase fat loss over weight loss. Fat loss is where you see the adjustments in clothes. Weight is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
    Clothing sizes are pretty meaningless as well in the grand scheme of things, seeing as they are generally completely arbitrary numbers with no real world correlation.
    This is very true.
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lbs and only went down maybe two pants sizes......
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Its because you arent doing HEAVY squats.

He's an idiot. Ignore him.

It took me like 30 lbs before I lost a pant size and then only 15lbs before the second drop in size. Two reasons: body build (I have hips and *kitten*) and maybe our jeans were a wee little bit too tight before we started losing as well. Both were true for me.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lbs and only went down maybe two pants sizes......

I've only gone down one. All my weight is on my stomach, sigh.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    haha yep....I sure do! Annoying, isn't it? :laugh:
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    It took me forever to drop a size. The heavier you are when you start the more generous the sizing. I was a 22/24 on bottom and 26/28 on top. I'm still wearing most of of the same clothes I was 55 pounds ago. Although my britches are always falling down and my undies don't stay in place like they should. I'm a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. A couple weeks ago I was moving and carrying my end of a heavy piece of furniture and I nearly "dropped trou" in front of the whole neighborhood. Truth be told, all my clothes are stretchy. Even my jeans have some stretch. And I'm prolly still wearing a lot of the same clothes because before I was stretching them to the limit at my heaviest. Now I'm not stretching them at all. I'm looking a lot better these days. Keep it up cuz as you get into smaller sizes you'll go through them faster.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, I lost 5 lbs before and lost a pant size and I am a guy.

First, it depends where you store your fat. Second, if you concentrate on a moderate deficit and heavy weight training, you will increase fat loss over weight loss. Fat loss is where you see the adjustments in clothes. Weight is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
    Very true. I have been eating at a mild deficit and doing 5x5's for a while now and my bf% is much lower. Problem is, my stomach and lower back is the LAST place the fat wants to come off! lol
    I am in a smaller shirt size and I have dropped some off my waist as well. Just not multiple sizes.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I used to weight 113 in a size 5 and now I'm at 111.8 at size 7. LOL GO FIGURE
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options

Not true. I do squats in Insanity and still haven't gone down a size, although I probably could.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    LOL okay I feel a lot better now!!!!! Cheers to loosing 100 pounds and only going down 2 sizes haha!!!!
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!! I've lost 30 and have only dropped one size... and I know women 50 pounds heavier than me wearing the same size! Grrr :grumble:
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Yup haha, I would stretch my pants before i got dressed. Now they fit without stretching..., but ya, almost 30lbs down and no change in pant size. BOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options

It took me like 30 lbs before I lost a pant size and then only 15lbs before the second drop in size. Two reasons: body build (I have hips and *kitten*) and maybe our jeans were a wee little bit too tight before we started losing as well. Both were true for me.

This.

Sometimes the jeans are a bit too tight to start with.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Do you notice how some people lose 30,40 or 50 pounds and go down 5,6,or 7 pants sizes???? I am just now to where I can go down a pants size after 35 pounds lost! What the hell??!!

Count me in that camp! I'm down 50 pounds and have only gone down one size. :grumble:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    probably not lifting

the last 15 pounds I lost, I also lost 4 jeans sizes
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Clothing sizes are pretty meaningless as well in the grand scheme of things, seeing as they are generally completely arbitrary numbers with no real world correlation.

There is *one* real world correlation: shopping in the woman's section instead of the Plus section. The women's section is full of beautiful clothes. The Plus section is full of fat lady mumus and mom jeans. :sad:
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

Possibly, but you do 3 weeks of heavy squatting then come back begging me for more idiocracy, and I'll grant you nothing but an I told ya so.
  • IslandRider
    Options

This is so true, right now my pants that range from size 7/8 to 12/13 and they all fit pretty much the same, but the sizes are all over the place depending on brand and style. It's freakin' ridiculous!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

Not true. I do squats in Insanity and still haven't gone down a size, although I probably could.

The squats he is talking about and the squats in insanity are two different things. One is body weight exercise and one is weighted exercising. Weight training will be more effective than HIIT (which insanity is) in terms of fat loss. Also, like any other exercise, it just allows you to strengthen the muscle. You dont need squats, but weight training > HIIT > steady state cardio for fat loss. Fat loss = smaller pant size.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Thats exactly the same as me but then been a bigger girl I thought it was just normal that I wouldn't be able to notice until 5 or 6 stone is lost. However since doing insanity and lifting heavy weights I have to say things are improving better.