Weird things that give you the heebee jeebies

Options

Replies

• MarthaAnn8186
    MarthaAnn8186 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Patterned holes or clusters in things (think honeycomb)...it has a name. I could share it but then you'll google it and weird yourself out. I'm saving you really. (Oddly enough, I learned it had a name here on MFP...and it's more of a phobia than a just-creeps-me-out thing)
    '

Really? I was thinking of the inside of cardboard when you look down into the edge. Phobia? What is it called? Because it bothers me too.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I agree with so many that have been listed like the fork scraping the plate, spiders, other peoples hair, nail clippings, and dish water.
    I'd like to add:
    •Anything with a painted face (clowns, mimes...)
    •Rats and mice
    •Earwigs. Oh God.
    •Anything that flies around my head (moths, bees, flies)
    •Murky water- can only swim in it if I can see the bottom
    •Fish. Slimy scaly fish.
    •Puppets. Hand puppets are ok. Marionettes or vantriloquist dummies. Yikes.
    • Heavily wooded areas that look like a good place for a serial killer to hide a body
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    Options
    Hearing people eat and drink (sometimes even I bother myself - lol),
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Blobfish

Blobfish.jpg

Wow, and I didn't think I'd learn something on this thread... and it even relates to my profession. Too bad that animal is endangered because we don't know much about it. I had to look it up, because I thought this was a joke. I think it is doomed since we all favour protecting "cute" or "charismatic" animals. Too bad.
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    the only thing I can think of is that horrible throaty snorting noise some people make when they are congested. I'm not talking just sniffles.

maybe that's from an ex-coworker. I think she had a septum issue so it may not be her fault.
  • ErinGBragh
    ErinGBragh Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Blobfish

Blobfish.jpg

Wow, and I didn't think I'd learn something on this thread... and it even relates to my profession. Too bad that animal is endangered because we don't know much about it. I had to look it up, because I thought this was a joke. I think it is doomed since we all favour protecting "cute" or "charismatic" animals. Too bad.

The good thing is that it kind of has a cult following on the internet because it's so strange. So hopefully that gains it some awareness about it being endangered. It's one of those so ugly it's kind of cute animals.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    When your dog sits bolt-upright and looks out the window. You're sure there is nobody out there.
    oh yeah, creeps me out...........................
    Ha, yeah. My dog sits up in bed and growls at the corner of the room. I can SEE there is nothing there. Now that is freaky.
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Didn't read the other posts.

But people sucking up their snot... EWW Just blow it out...!
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    slimey lettuce. Especially when you put your hand into a bag / container of spring greens that looks nice and fresh, but when your hand comes out its full of slimey lettuce wrapped around your fingers.
  • malery06
    malery06 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Chalk. Touching it, writing with it, the sound of chalk on a chalkboard... all of it. *shudder*

My oldest son can't stand it, either.
    Ahhh! This! I got shivers just reading it! But I gotta add the way the chalk feels too, so dry so chalky ahhhh!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    anything with lots of legs...millipedes, centepedes...anypedes...ugh...
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    feet and dirty dish water

THIS! EXACTLY THIS! lol
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    Barry White. I will actually get physically sick if I hear Barry White.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    people_of_walmart.jpg

WALMART gives me the heebee jeebies

OMG! YES!!! even more than things with lots of legs...I CAN'T DO WALMART!!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Feet (even my own!)
    Chalk (EVERYTHING about it!)
    Standing Water (streams, ponds, even bathwater...MUST take a shower because I just think of it as sitting in my own filth!)

I'm sure I have a ton more but this is what I thought of at the moment
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Toenails. I do not want them to touch me. The flat part is okay, but the edge grosses me out, like where you clip it. Blech!!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Opening a refrigerated dough can and waiting for the "pop." Scares me every time.

I have to admit... this terrifies me in a wet your pants kind of way. especially when you have to press on it with a spoon. Every roommate I have ever had, men Ive lived with, my parents, doesnt matter- ask anyone - I yelp or scream EVERY SINGLE TIME. It always startles me, always always!
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    I agree with several of these, but no one listed the sound of someone blowing their nose, esp while I'm eating...gross

And when someone tucks their eyelids..nasty...fingers should be nowhere near your eyes
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    male feet.

blood. not fake blood on TV but if someone cuts their finger in front of me, or especially if I cut myself, I almost pass out.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    The shower curtain CANNOT touch me in the shower. I will panic.