Addicted to Ranch Dressing...HELP!

Ok, I LOVE me some salad, but my favorite dressing is ranch...and that ruins the whole healthy concept of the salad. So, what are some good dressings to try? I've done fat free Italian...not feeling it.

Replies

• Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Have you tried balsamic vinagrette?? I like the fat free italian myself but just a suggestion!
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Have you tried buying the dry mix (Hidden Valley Ranch is classic) and mixing it up healthier? Maybe with some greek yogurt?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    oh i LOVE RANCH ON MASHED POTATOES!!!!! SIMPLY DIVINE!
  • kendallggaylor
    kendallggaylor Posts: 33 Member
    oh i LOVE RANCH ON MASHED POTATOES!!!!! SIMPLY DIVINE!

Hahaha, ME TOO! It's a killer!
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    HOW ABOUT CEASAR LITE?
    LESS CALORIES THAN A REG RANCH...BUT NOT AS HEALTHY PROB AS A BALSAMIC.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    I make it myself with HVR Buttermilk recipe mix, low-fat buttermilk and light mayo. I add a little garlic powder and cracked black pepper. It tastes wonderful for about half the calories.
  • kendallggaylor
    Have you tried buying the dry mix (Hidden Valley Ranch is classic) and mixing it up healthier? Maybe with some greek yogurt?

I read about that! Do you know if it tastes the same?
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    have you tried fat free ranch??? It might not taste the same but maybe it will help with the ranch cravings?
  • kendallggaylor
    I make it myself with HVR Buttermilk recipe mix, low-fat buttermilk and light mayo. I add a little garlic powder and cracked black pepper. It tastes wonderful for about half the calories.

I'll have to try that!! Thank you!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    I would see if your insurance covers Ranch dressing detoxes and then you won't have to worry about craving it any longer
  • kendallggaylor
    have you tried fat free ranch??? It might not taste the same but maybe it will help with the ranch cravings?

I have, but it still has loads of calories in it!
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    You can get lite ranch.
    You can also just use much less.. most people just dump it on or eyeball it. Measure out 1 tablespoon (not two which is the recommended serving size) and it should only be about 70 calories. You'll get less dressing, but still the taste of it.
  • kendallggaylor
    I would see if your insurance covers Ranch dressing detoxes and then you won't have to worry about craving it any longer

Good one...
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member

this sounds like broscience, what are you trying to detox huh? lol
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    0 calorie ranch...

I mix it with sriracha and though it isn't as good as proper ranch it's decent.
  • nataliefamily3
    nataliefamily3 Posts: 189 Member
    Former hidden valley addict. I switched to a peach vanilla salad dressing soo good and great marinade on chicken
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Ok, I LOVE me some salad, but my favorite dressing is ranch...and that ruins the whole healthy concept of the salad. So, what are some good dressings to try? I've done fat free Italian...not feeling it.

Hahaha...As SOON as I saw this post, I knew you were from AL. I could tell by the ranch dressing and when you said "love me some". Anyway, try making your own ranch dressing using ranch seasoning packet mixed with plain greek yogurt and a little ff buttermilk. It's good and healthy too.
  • kendallggaylor

Hahaha...As SOON as I saw this post, I knew you were from AL. I could tell by the ranch dressing and when you said "love me some". Anyway, try making your own ranch dressing using ranch seasoning packet mixed with plain greek yogurt and a little ff buttermilk. It's good and healthy too.

Hahaha! We're a whole different breed of people! And thanks for the tip, I will try that!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    I just have Ranch.

*shrugs*
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

this sounds like broscience, what are you trying to detox huh? lol

Please do not joke around about ranch addiction, it's a serious ailment