Addicted to Ranch Dressing...HELP!

Options

Replies

• Cassondra6608
    Options
    I think it's just a matter of using less. I LOVE dressing on salads. I still use ranch, french, etc (fat free). I just had to get used to using a lot less of it!
  • green022
    green022 Posts: 115
    Options
    IDK if anyone has suggested this yet but.... you take a ranch mix packet and add it into plain greek yogurt its half the calories and alot better for you with the same basic taste. I love it
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm also a big Ranch dressing fan....had to cut it out.

Now I mix balsamic vinegar with a tiny bit of olive oil to make my own dressing.

I also like lemon vinaigrette (but you'd have to search recipes to make it)...so delicious

:)
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    There's this stuff by Lighthouse that's ranch made from yogurt... It's 60 calories for 2 tbsp :D My favorite dressing of all time, though, is sesame ginger :)
  • RedRunner82
    Options
    Someone already mentioned it, but I have to second it - Bolthouse Farms ranch tastes almost exactly like full-fat regular Hidden Valley, but only has 45 calories per two tablespoons. I used to be addicted to ranch (French fries dipped in it in college... aka how I gained weight!) and pretty much cut it out cold turkey when I started eating healthier. But Bolthouse is definitely a great choice if you can't end your relationship with ranch :)
  • spalmer27
    Options
    OMG I love Ranch!
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I like ranch too but in an effort to find a lower calorie dressing I came across a Roasted Garlic Balsamic Vinagerette and it's to die for! LOVE it!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Ok people....I am not actually "addicted" to ranch dressing, I just love it.

Stupid question, but why can't you use the real deal but in moderation? A serving is probably two tablespoons, which is totally reasonable. Measure it out, don't make your salad into a soup, and enjoy your ranch dressing.
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If your really that addicted ask for ranch on the side and just dip a little bit of your fork into the dressing everytime you take a bite...that way your not dumping all of those calories onto your salad and you can control it a bit more :)
  • FittyMe8
    Options
    I am SO with you on the addicted to ranch! I love it on just about everything! Not a healthy addiction...
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I actually put my salads mixings into an old ice cream bucket (not the huge 4 lt ones but like the 1lt (I think) put lid on and shake. Does a great job or really getting the dressing onto everything while using less lol. Works like a charm.
  • Donnarose82
    Options
    Low fat version? Or you could just eat it and fit it into your calories, small world problem!!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    kroger Fat free ranch is yummy. I am sure it is some genetic mutation but, it could be ground bunnies and I'd still eat the yummy stuff. 30 cal for 2 Tbsp
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    A tip from a neighbor ( I am from Odenville,Al) I like the Hidden Valley light buttermilk ranch and also I love Kens Sweet Vidalia Onion Lite. Both are low in calories.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    FAT FREE GREEK YOGURT + HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH PACKET = AMAZING.

i was once a ranch addict myself - this is a great substitute!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    have you tried fat free ranch??? It might not taste the same but maybe it will help with the ranch cravings?

^^^THIS!!!

HVR's Fat Free Ranch is pretty darn good!
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Fit & Active Fat Free Ranch 45cals. Yea it's Aldi cheap stuff but it works.
  • bastgoddess7
    bastgoddess7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wanna know whats awesome on veggis and stuff? The "holy trinity": Olive Oil, Lemon Juice (or Vinegar) and salt. This is low in fat, high in flavor and brightens any dish.
  • chimpoforevah
    Options
    I used to love ranch too.. so I forced myself to get addicted to hot sauce instead.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Ah, Ranch, my old adversary. I love it with more than just salads. Dip a Whataburger french fry in it...fatty heaven! Which is how I got fat, of course.

BUT I DIGRESS (as always)...

I know it sounds weird but I really like the spray dressing by Wishbone. Balsamic Breeze is a good one.