LADIES...HOW MUCH LOST..DID RING SIZE CHANGE???

Options
124»

Replies

• jennalee1312
    Options
    When I lost 70 pounds in the past, my ring size went from an 11 to a 7!! I was like WTH?
    It was kinda cool though, gotta new wedding ring outta the deal :) but now it does not fit me anymore :( oh well it will in another 20ish pounds!! :)

but yes, it is possible crazy enough

Woohoo a new ring out of the deal is awesome!!!!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My ring still fits fine (size 7) with 90# down.

Wow see this is why its so interesting...some people lose a ring size with just 10-15 pounds and your down a whole lot and no change

It is all in how puffy your hands get with extra weight. My college ring is a 7 and was tight at my heaviest and now it is fairly loose and I end up playing with it til it falls off so I don't wear it anymore. After I lose more I will have it re-sized. My shoes are very similar and my ultimate goal is to be a perfect size 6 (dress, shoe, ring) as I once was once upon a time.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs and my ring size change from 7.5 to 6!
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    ive only lost 7 lbs and one of mine is falling off, gheesh i would much rather the weight come off my behind than my hands lol
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    lost 40 pounds...ring size went from 8 to 6!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    When I weighed 191 pounds (sizes 18 and 20), my ring size was 9. I now weigh 140 (sizes 5 and 6) and my ring size is 6. Last year I had my wedding ring sized down to a 6.25 which is slightly loose most of the time and snug during TOM. I am hoping it doesn't change much again, but I am trying to lose more body fat.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    For the ladies who can't resize her ring any smaller, try these perhaps?

http://www.ringsnuggies.com/
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have lost 26 pounds since January, 2012, and my rings are too large now, but I am waiting until I reach my goal weight to get my rings resized. (14 more pounds):smile:
  • stefi2107
    stefi2107 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My wedding rings went from not fitting at a size 9 to now I wear them on my pointer finger and they are loose. I think they are a 6/6.5 now. I'm just waiting till I'm at goal to get them resized!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing the same ring size since I was 15 and have gained over 80 lbs since... I'm down 37 as of now and I don't really see a change in my hands.

Edited because I can't spell
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    To those of you worried about the cost of re-sizing, or have rings that can't be resized further, a suggestion.

Have the jeweller sodder some little balls into the inside of the ring. This is cheaper than changing the shank size. Also if the ring can't be resized (channel settings or micro pave stones) it could offer a solution.

The little balls on the inside of the ring are typically a solution used for people with thin fingers but big knuckles,
  • andycet
    andycet Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I got married a year and half ago, I've only lost 6kg but my knuckle is ony keeping my ring on.
  • dgljones
    dgljones Posts: 89
    Options
    Not a lady but my wedding ring went from so tight I never could have taken it off to falling off my finger if I'm not paying attention. I am waiting till I am at goal to have it resized.
  • karrianne32
    karrianne32 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    36lb and my rings fall off!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Just just had to have my rings sized down from a 6 to a 5 1/2 after 30 pounds. They weren't falling off, but loose enough to bother me and they kept rotating which was annoying.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I went from ring size 9 to probably 7.5-7.75.. My boyfriend turned to my fiancé recently and when he did I had to size it to 8.. well I have to wear a ring snuggie because it is too big! I've lost 38 lbs since I was a size 9. =)

I'm not going to have my ring sized again until I'm at my goal weight.. juts incase.

I know cutting sodium can change ring size because of water retention too.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total over 70 pounds and can no longer wear my rings. Plan to get them resized closer to my goal weight. I know I wear at least a size and a half smaller. But at goal, will probably be a bit smaller!
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    my class ring from 2009 was a 9. I'm either a 5 or 5 1/2 now and have lost a little over 200 pounds