Late Night Gluttony...It's GOTTA' Stop!!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• LizardQueen4PointOh
    Options
    So, after reading all these suggestions for late night snacks... I'm hungry. :drinker: I think I'll go drink a cold glass of water and call it a night!

OP, I appreciate you posting this - I got many good ideas from the responses!
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I recommend avoiding sugary foods at night as they trigger MORE hunger. Eat protein rich foods and water...

If you must eat sugar, eat fruit, You can eat an entire large watermelon and only ingest 600 calories, it's a lot better than a 2k calorie binge on cookies... and I doubt you could even eat an entire watermelon before you vomited lol...I'll typically spec in 1/2 watermelon and i'm so full it's ridiculous lol

This advice worked for me!!! I too struggled with late night binge episodes. Out of control eating. I tried fruit, smoothies, hot chocolate, etc. The one thing that worked consistently was protein. Turkey, chicken, natural PB on sprouted bread. For me fruit works great for a pre-workout snack but not if I'm in binge mode. Find what manages it for you. I also read that being physically tired can cause you to binge. I believe that was my problem and...I'm headed to bed. Night. :)