Teachers carry guns?

Options

Replies

• Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Today is a sad day for the America's liberty and people at Conn. I wish everyone could carry a pistol/rifle with you everywhere openly; your gun could eliminate a threat faster than you could dial a 9-1-1. If it has happened at the Conn school then a teacher at the school could have eliminated the threat before he could kill more. We cannot prevent a threat at all but we have a tool to eliminate the threat before it get to out of the control. The Gun Control hasn’t reduced the problem but to create more problems. God be with those families at Conn.

demotivational-poster-35582-300x300.jpg
    thetheoryofduhgunrights-300x271.gif
    528867_333048726783819_743820201_n-300x158.jpg
    courtesy-conservativenewjersey.com_-300x199.jpeg

Sorry, it is the truth that the gun control laws enabled the bad guys to kill people more easier than it was before the gun control laws.

33374-1643-nqsds-a.jpg
    guncontrol.jpg

It is good time for us to call to eliminate the gun control laws to give us the right to defend our lives at the immediately danger moment of our life. This incident is a good lesson for us to understand that the gun control didn't work at all. I am very sorry that those people had to go through those unnecessary hardships and losses of their family members. I pray for them. I also pray that we have a strong voice to call our elected representatives to eliminate the whole gun control laws.

Thank you for reading my comment. I ask you to not bash at my comment and with those law abiding gun-owners at all.
  • sportybrewerschick
    sportybrewerschick Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    WAKE UP!! LESS GUNS NOT MORE!

duhh! very very true!
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Teachers armed? Absolutely not.

Secure the schools? Absolutely YES! My daughters elementary school has ONE door you can open from the outside during school hours. The main office door. Put an armed guard in the office.

As for all the anti-gun nuts. Gun bans and more restrictions only hurt honest law-abiding citizens. Leave the citizens unarmed and helpless against criminals and whack-a-doos? Stupid.

You can't legislate away mental illness or evil.

that is the best idea...they should really listen to you...I think every community should be able to pay an office to stand guard during the school hours...
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    You know why we trust cops with guns? Because they're TRAINED to use them. TRAINED to push through the panic that would unsteady a hand and send a shot flying off target. TRAINED to push through the fear and aim to kill instead of to merely wound a sociopath on the rampage.

They are trained, extensively. The average armed citizen is not. Guns + panic + lack of training = HIGHER BODY COUNT.

**** no, teachers should not be armed. No, no, in the name of all that is good on this planet, NO.

Anyone who thinks they can Rambo their way to safety simply because they've got a CC is dangerously misled.

slow clap...well said
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I find it pretty ignorant of the OP to even create a thread like this.

Dont get all vag hurt, I saw this as a topic on facebook and wondered what everyone thought. I wasn't aware this forum was directly connected to the united states senate and was a foundation for all laws passed and or topic of motions to be carried.

IMO, I do think officers should be on staff, and no I do not think that teachers should carry guns.
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    I don't really think this is the time to get political.

Seriously, it's a little too soon.

^^ this

Yeah but when there are a bunch of these every year eventually it's time to actually have the discussion. The whole "let's wait to have this debate" mentality is why this issue keeps getting pushed aside.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Should teachers carry guns?

No and Yes! Yes, only if they as the adults, who will hypothetically be accorded the right to bear arms on school premises, are prepared to bare the responsibility (legal) of any possible future mishandling of their assigned weapons.
  • mathteacher2010
    mathteacher2010 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You know why we trust cops with guns? Because they're TRAINED to use them. TRAINED to push through the panic that would unsteady a hand and send a shot flying off target. TRAINED to push through the fear and aim to kill instead of to merely wound a sociopath on the rampage.

They are trained, extensively. The average armed citizen is not. Guns + panic + lack of training = HIGHER BODY COUNT.

**** no, teachers should not be armed. No, no, in the name of all that is good on this planet, NO.

Anyone who thinks they can Rambo their way to safety simply because they've got a CC is dangerously misled.

Well said; I am extensively trained to teach, not to face armed gunmen! It would only make a terrible situation worse.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options

This! Police are trained on everything to do with guns and the types of situations that guns would be required. Teachers are not and it's not something that they should be doing. Raise the budget to allow a Police officer to be in the school but don't put guns in the hands of teachers. With 30 odd kids in classrooms now a gun shouldn't be there.
  • ARHx0
    ARHx0 Posts: 32
    Options
    Absolutely! Armed police officer in school, or teachers with guns that are locked away.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    drog2323
    Joined Feb 2011
    Fri 12/14/12 11:34 AM
    Report Post Quote Reply

Drog said less guns...that only applies to law abiding citizens....again I say the bad guy has so many ways to get illegal weapons...

SO I SAY MORE WEAPONS BUT IN THE SCHOOLS....SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICERS....AND NICE TALL FENCES WITH RAZOR WIRE.... KIDS ARE WORTH SO MUCH....

ACCEPT IT, THAT IS JUST THE WAY THE WORLD IS NOW...ITS NOT LIKE 50 YEARS AGO...WE ARE IN A BAD FIX RIGHT NOW..

I GOT BUNCHES OF GUNS AND SURELY NOT AFRAID TO USE THEM.... I KNOW WHEN AND WHEN NOT TO

USE A WEAPON....

PEOPLE PLEASE GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF THE SAND...

You don't even know how to post on an internet forum and I'm supposed to trust you with a bunch of weapons?
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    It should be a personal choice.

^^^^^
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options

Yeah, so then only the criminals that don't care about laws anyway can get access to them....there's an idea.

Exactly!!! I agree if you have a concealed carry, you should be allowed to take it in places like schools & movie theaters. Criminals don't go commit a crime by abiding by the rules! All of the massacres would have WAY less deaths if someone could stop them early!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i don't think teachers should (could kill their kids out of pure frustration) but principals should. locked cabinet style.

dc has taught us it doesn't matter if handguns are outlawed. people will get them, and use them to hurt other people. i think it's better if criminals don't know who's armed and who isn't.
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Today is a sad day for the America's liberty and people at Conn. I wish everyone could carry a pistol/rifle with you everywhere openly; your gun could eliminate a threat faster than you could dial a 9-1-1. If it has happened at the Conn school then a teacher at the school could have eliminated the threat before he could kill more. We cannot prevent a threat at all but we have a tool to eliminate the threat before it get to out of the control. The Gun Control hasn’t reduced the problem but to create more problems. God be with those families at Conn.

demotivational-poster-35582-300x300.jpg
    thetheoryofduhgunrights-300x271.gif
    528867_333048726783819_743820201_n-300x158.jpg
    courtesy-conservativenewjersey.com_-300x199.jpeg

Sorry, it is the truth that the gun control laws enabled the bad guys to kill people more easier than it was before the gun control laws.

33374-1643-nqsds-a.jpg
    guncontrol.jpg

It is good time for us to call to eliminate the gun control laws to give us the right to defend our lives at the immediately danger moment of our life. This incident is a good lesson for us to understand that the gun control didn't work at all. I am very sorry that those people had to go through those unnecessary hardships and losses of their family members. I pray for them. I also pray that we have a strong voice to call our elected representatives to eliminate the whole gun control laws.

Thank you for reading my comment. I ask you to not bash at my comment and with those law abiding gun-owners at all.

idiot.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Why don't we all just wake the *kitten* up and show some respect. Leave the debate until the children are buried and today just give it a rest. May god rest their souls.
    This.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

This! Police are trained on everything to do with guns and the types of situations that guns would be required. Teachers are not and it's not something that they should be doing. Raise the budget to allow a Police officer to be in the school but don't put guns in the hands of teachers. With 30 odd kids in classrooms now a gun shouldn't be there.

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Do you think they should?

Instigator....
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    great idea... untill its the teacher with the problems who goes shooting people...

i dont believe anyone can take anothers life without having some sort of mental problem of some sort... anyone and everyone could at any point develop a mental problem... including teachers....
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Why don't we all just wake the *kitten* up and show some respect. Leave the debate until the children are buried and today just give it a rest. May god rest their souls.
    This.

THANK YOU
This discussion has been closed.