Teachers carry guns?

Options
1235»

Replies

• willwillywilson
    Options
    WAKE UP!! LESS GUNS NOT MORE!

Are you serious, one armed person in that school could have stopped all that! Guns don't kill people, People do! When someone is twisted enough to kill someone else they are gonna do it! Guns or no guns!

Take away guns they'll stab someone to death, take away knives they'll beat each other to death!

Wake up!

There are only about 200 justifiable homicides a year. About half of those are commited by police officers in the line of duty. That leaves about 100 times that someone defended themselves with lethal force against an attacker. Your gun is completely and aboslutely useless. It's at best an ego boost. Not to mention that fact that the murder rate isn't nearly as high as people think it is. Check the stats. It's generally around 20,000 people a year. Sounds like a lot but our country has over 300 million people in it. Homicide isn't even in the top ten causes of death. Unlike suicides which generally are DOUBLE the homicide number. It's also worth noting a huge amount of people are killed by people they know. Random killings are relatively rare. All in all you have to be pretty paranoid to own a gun.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Why is this still here?
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I'm a concealed carry permit holder. I'm a teacher. Current laws do not permit firearms on campus, so I comply with that. It always comes up whether or not we should. Probably the better solution is having a properly trained (police department could do this) response team to secure location with firearms that are secured somewhere on campus.

JM
This discussion has been closed.