Gun range pic

Options

Replies

• stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    @stines - Seriously? It is is a photo of her holding a gun without any explanation. There is no relevance to the "success stories." Your heart may go out to those who were killed in CT but that rings hollow when you are making excuses for a person to display such insensitivity at this point in time. Any other time no one would care but this shows a complete lack of judgement. This is what people are upset about.

its not like this person is a known troll, she is a mom herself and has been helpful on the forums. i dont think her intention was to be heartless
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    a gun pic can be cool and its just a picture..BUT

its not so appropriate here. this was posted on a "Success Stories" page
    no story to it and it's not health related

please use gun safety!!
    you are pointing a weapon with a relaxed trigger finger and not even looking at where you have it pointed
  • scottbrown78
    scottbrown78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    @stines - Seriously? It is is a photo of her holding a gun without any explanation. There is no relevance to the "success stories." Your heart may go out to those who were killed in CT but that rings hollow when you are making excuses for a person to display such insensitivity at this point in time. Any other time no one would care but this shows a complete lack of judgement. This is what people are upset about.
    Why do you let her "lack of judgment" bother you?
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    This is in pretty bad taste. What is it with you lot and your guns? You think it's 'BRAVE' to shoot an unarmed deer or pheasant? Idiot. Put down the damn gun and go read a book or two. Education is what your country needs more of, guns it could do without.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    This is in pretty bad taste. What is it with you lot and your guns? You think it's 'BRAVE' to shoot an unarmed deer or pheasant? Idiot. Put down the damn gun and go read a book or two. Education is what your country needs more of, guns it could do without.

sigh...
  • scottbrown78
    Options
    I take it you're a vegetarian?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Get your finger out of the trigger guard

srsly.
  • Bree92489
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing... this just seems insensitive .. sorry just expressing my opinion
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

should we arm the deers before we kill it??

mmmmmm. now i want some venison.
  • scottbrown78
    Options
    We have some truly sensitive people on this site if a picture can be that upsetting.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

The plural of deer is deer.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options

Yes, because hunting is bad, right? I'd take my extra lean deer meat over store-bought meat any day. It tastes better, for one.

Also, that is NOT the gun you use for hunting. There are legitimate reasons for owning a gun, and many people do it safely and legally. That picture is not one of them, and her hold on that gun lets you know she doesn't need to be holding a gun without better handling education first.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

STOP IT!!! I'M HUNGRY!!!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    "After a new analysis of 2011's traffic fatality numbers, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that there were even fewer deaths than previously reported: 32,367 are reported to have died on the road last year. . . " Don't anyone dare post a picture of themselves in a car! Cars kill people in Connecticut, too. Geeze! Did anyone mention that nut job in China who killed all those people with a knife? No picutres allowed of people carving their Thanksgiving turkey! We had better ban pictures of screw drivers, hammers, axes, rope. . .
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options

STOP IT!!! I'M HUNGRY!!!

Now that I think about it, I'm thinking there was a computer game called "Bambo" years ago.
  • breeZrizi
    Options
    put aside the sensitivity and bambi killing:

its a pistol..she's using it in a range and picking up skills so that if she needs to cover her *kitten* one day she'll know what to do. no shame in that. i think its admirable. she Definitely needs to be taught gun safety but this has nothing to do with animals.

and you're damn right americans love their guns!

anyways, her post should not be on this site. we can all agree about that.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

STOP IT!!! I'M HUNGRY!!!

Now that I think about it, I'm thinking there was a computer game called "Bambo" years ago.

bambo was the main character of the Deer Avenger game. a deer that hunted humans.
  • Bree92489
    Options
    Who died and made you GOD?? while you were busy judging others - some of your skeletons fell ot of your closet!! YES THE PICTURE is in VERY POOR TASTE - absolutely agree but who are you to judge the entire USA based on that??
  • scottbrown78
    Options
    I wonder how many of those offended by this pic would be so offended if an armed citizen saved their life or the lives of their loved ones, with an evil gun?
  • breeZrizi
    Options
    I wonder how many of those offended by this pic would be so offended if an armed citizen saved their life or the lives of their loved ones, with an evil gun?

great question :)
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!