plz look at my diary and tell me what i'm doing wrong?

i can NOT break this plateau :(

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    You're not on a plateau. Your other post said you went from size 12 to 16 at the same weight. That is A LOT of progress. Just because the scale isn't moving doesn't mean you're not making progress.

If I had to suggest one thing it would be to increase your protein. If you're lifting heavy weights, you should be eating at least 30%. Drop your carbs to 40%. (Suggestion from New Rules of Lifting for Women)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    You're not on a plateau. Your other post said you went from size 12 to 16 at the same weight. That is A LOT of progress. Just because the scale isn't moving doesn't mean you're not making progress.

If I had to suggest one thing it would be to increase your protein. If you're lifting heavy weights, you should be eating at least 30%. Drop your carbs to 40%. (Suggestion from New Rules of Lifting for Women)

Check my diary, I already do this..

Also that is from a 16 to a 12 throughout this whole year..
    Hasn't moved from a 12 since August...
  • pithynutritionpun
    pithynutritionpun Posts: 17 Member
    Your diary looks pretty great! If you're eating at a deficit, you should be losing weight, end of story. Is it possible you're underestimating portions? It's really easy to do, so checking your idea of portions with a food scale or otherwise closely measuring everything would tell you, if that's the case. How much do you exercise? Increasing exercise would also help, unless you're overtraining to begin with. Best of luck breaking your plateau, they can be a killer, but you will get there!
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    You could try intermittent or alternate day fasting for a few weeks to see if that jump starts things.
  • mgobluetx12

Your carbs are at 314g and your protein is at 86g. This is not 40% and 30%, respectively.
  • Are you weighing the food or just estimating?
    Is your TDEE up to date?
  • mgobluetx12

Your carbs are at 314g and your protein is at 86g. This is not 40% and 30%, respectively.

It makes little difference what her macros are if she feels fine.

She works out a lot and lifts heavy. More protein is always better and can make a big difference in breaking plateaus. I'm proof of this.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    If you look closely at her diary, she is always over on protein and eats half her carb goal. She probably did set it at 40-30-30 and changed her calories, so MFP went back to default macro ratios and she hasn't changed them back yet.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    From the information you posted in your other thread you started, you were on a large deficit for a long time and have been on a deficit for even longer. If you are maintaining on your current calories, that is your TDEE, which is very low based on your age, weight and activity so it seems as though you are experiencing metabolic adaptations (suppressed metabolism). I think the diet break that I suggested on the other thread is the best thing for you to try.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    The last 10 are the hardest I have heard.
    I think we should tell the americans that an aussie size 12 is different to a US one
    Am I right in thinking you are aiming for aussie size 10?

It seems you have added your exercise to your tdee and averaged it thru the week, this is why you don't log your exercise cals, am i right?
    Maybe you need to review that cos a size 16 burns more cals doing the same exercise than a size 12.
    you may be overestimating the exercise cals
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

Protein and fat requirements should not be based on percentages.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Try eating more, it worked for me. I added more protein and low glycemic index foods such as quinoa and sweet potato to break mine. I hit goal weight and upped my calories and continued to lose.

I am 44 and got down to 105 before I found the right maintenance for me. I actually had to stop logging and eat some crap for a month to gain back 6 pounds because I looked so bad being that thin.

Try eating as close to your calorie goal as you can.
  • Try making your sandwich with one piece of bread instead of 2. Also, avocados and bananas are nice, but they are also high in fat. Try eating only a half banana. Its the little things.
  • Calories are not calories. If that were true, we could all live on soda.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    I would suggest eating more as well. After the first 10lbs, I struggled for awhile and then gave up. When I started eating at my TDEE, I began losing again and lost the last 10lbs. Let me put it in perspective: I'm only 5'3" and 115lbs. I aim for 1,800 calories a day, and often eat closer to 2k. Imho, I don't think 1,600 is enough for you. Maybe eating more won't work, but you won't know til you try it. I say it's worth a shot.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Your diary looks pretty great! If you're eating at a deficit, you should be losing weight, end of story. Is it possible you're underestimating portions? It's really easy to do, so checking your idea of portions with a food scale or otherwise closely measuring everything would tell you, if that's the case. How much do you exercise? Increasing exercise would also help, unless you're overtraining to begin with. Best of luck breaking your plateau, they can be a killer, but you will get there!

I weigh my portions like a crazy lady.
    I weight train 3x a week and do cardio 3x a week.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Calories are not calories. If that were true, we could all live on soda.

We can't live on soda??? It's carbs...

Saying "calories aren't calories" is like saying "water isn't water" if it's not water then what is it? it's water.

Air isn't Air. My cat isn't a cat.

This is fun!
  • BeautyFromPain
    i can NOT break this plateau :(

How much do you weigh and what is your activity level? I think you're eating a bit on the higher side.

170.. I am active as with my job I clean for 5-6 hours a day.
    My "goal" is what my maintenance cals should be and I do not count my exercise calories so it's only really a NET of 1300-1500
  • BeautyFromPain
    If you look closely at her diary, she is always over on protein and eats half her carb goal. She probably did set it at 40-30-30 and changed her calories, so MFP went back to default macro ratios and she hasn't changed them back yet.

^ Hit the jackpot.
  • BeautyFromPain
    The last 10 are the hardest I have heard.
    I think we should tell the americans that an aussie size 12 is different to a US one
    Am I right in thinking you are aiming for aussie size 10?

It seems you have added your exercise to your tdee and averaged it thru the week, this is why you don't log your exercise cals, am i right?
    Maybe you need to review that cos a size 16 burns more cals doing the same exercise than a size 12.
    you may be overestimating the exercise cals
    Yes, yes and yes.