How many of you...

Options
Are going to not log your food on Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate? I've been sticking to my 1200 a day and I really just want to have one day where I don't worry about going over, and I'm thinking Christmas will be that day. How do you guys go about your Holidays? Do you still log everything? I'm still not sure if I will or not....

Replies

• unnur16
    unnur16 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am gonna count my cal. on christmas. only becaus im gonna gratuade from my school in end of jan, and i want to look my best then, there will be another christmas =)
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am gonna count my cal. on christmas. only becaus im gonna gratuade from my school in end of jan, and i want to look my best then, there will be another christmas =)

haha cool :) congrats on your graduation!
  • unnur16
    Options
    thanks, but can you tell me how you put the lbs/kg countdown so everyone can see ? heh
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    thanks, but can you tell me how you put the lbs/kg countdown so everyone can see ? heh

Go to apps then ticker and you can set it up there.

I am not going to log food of Christmas. I will be mindful of what I am eating but I won't log it.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'll do what I've been doing - log what I eat. Xmas is no different foodwise than any other day.
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am not going to worry about calories on Christmas. On Thanksgiving, I worked out hard, cooked all day, and then ate whatever I wanted without thinking about it. I did track my calories when I got home just to know, but I wasn't focused on it at all.
  • unnur16
    Options
    thanks
  • LuvHinesWard86
    LuvHinesWard86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm not planning on counting on Christmas/New Years as closely but will still keep track even it I'm over.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'll track my calories, but if I'm over so what.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I won't be logging on Christmas eve (when we celebrate, usually) because my German family loves to have it buffet style and there's so many different dishes and finger foods I'd go nuts trying to keep track of all that :)
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Are going to not log your food on Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate? I've been sticking to my 1200 a day and I really just want to have one day where I don't worry about going over, and I'm thinking Christmas will be that day. How do you guys go about your Holidays? Do you still log everything? I'm still not sure if I will or not....

Will log my calories on Christmas, but will try not to be as strict. Otherwise, the guilt I'll feel by the end of the day or the next weigh in will probably squash me.
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am gong to give my best estimate of my calories on Xmas. There is no shame in going over on such a special holiday. I also don't think there is any use in not being truthful on here as i don't see the sense in lying to ourselves.. We are all human and most of us are going to go over our limit on the day we celebrate this holiday with our familes. I just hope we can all jump right back on that wagon to get back to our hard work of weight loss. We have all been working so hard..........a little celebration is in order! I hope I can limit my intake of sweets as that is my biggest downfall.
    Good luck to us all. I know none of us wish to dissapoint or gain pounds. It is just one day of indulgance. Enjoy the time with family, laughter, love and good food.
  • blf20
    blf20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am going to log, to see where I stand at the end of the day(s). It can't hurt to stay informed. The holidays are also about family and friends - not just food.

Last year, (I hadn't yet joined MFP) and Christmas was just the start of the holiday "madness". I don't want a repeat of that - I've come too far.
  • mominwi419
    Options
    For me, it's more important how I eat from New Year to Christmas. I didn't get fat from a day or two of "bad" foods. It was a long, long process gaining the weight, and I won't gain weight from 1 day "off".

I will not be logging Christmas Eve or Christmas.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Not going to bother to log it.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Probably not log and enjoy Xmas freely, then back to work. :)
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I'm about to take 2 weeks off of logging, but not because of the holidays. I'll be too busy with a newborn to worry about really logging.
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'll be keeping track, but I'm not going to worry if I'm over too much, it's the time of year to enjoy but not indulge too much.

Nadolig Llawen !!!
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    will be logging...last year between mid-Nov to end of Feb I gained 15 of 30 pounds I'd lost last year, don't plan on a repeat...my doc was NOT happy...a1c went from a 'normal' 6.3 to 7.7, too.
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve and Day will both fall within a two-week vacation for me. Even though I am going to be a little more relaxed with my eating and low-carbing, I plan on logging everything I can on my phone.