Ways to make my smoothie more filling

Options
2»

Replies

• Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Try adding a spoonful or two of milled flax to your smoothies.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Bigger cup! :drinker:
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Usually, I add a lot of fibrous fruit and low-fat fruit yoghurt. :)
    Hope that helps a bit!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    For satiety you want fibre, protein and/ or healthy fats. I tend to use whey powder plus half an avocado but you could try ground flax seeds and/ or reduced fat dairy (plain Greek yoghurt/ low fat soft cheese) and/ or peanut butter. I was unimpressed with coconut milk, not creamy enough for me.
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Add some protein powder and oats.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter or avocado for fats, oats if you want something to stick to your bones, lots of spinach if you don't mind a green smoothie... I also like adding cottage cheese for some good texture. And frozen fruit instead of ice makes your smoothie so much creamier. Good luck!
  • Poppiefresh
    Poppiefresh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To the posters telling the the questioner to eat her food.

Lots of people drink smoothies as a supplement or as a replacement or even a mix. If you don't approve or have nothing to add to the conversation, just move on. I don't understand why you would be in this thread anyway.

For my part, I have started adding oats to my smoothies to add to the fullness, but I put them in the fridge the night before with fruit or coconut water to soften up a little bit before I blend in the morning.

I use flax seed everyday, but I don't find it filling at all. I add Spinach to almost everything. I also buy the Bolthouse Farms juices and use about half a serving to change up the flavor sometimes.
  • Wildflower65265
    Wildflower65265 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love all fruit smoothies. The ones with apple seem to have a nice fullness to them, and apple goes with berries so beautifully. Lots of great low calorie greek yogurts now if you like that.