Gym time

Options

Replies

• lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I go after work. It's a great stress reliever. If I have a crappy day at work, my workout benefits because I workout that much harder.
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    If you workout at the Gym, what time do you go?

I go between 3-3:30am. It is silent. No one but me :). I can sing out loud and lift without having to worry about anyone else!

Wow. What time to do you go to sleep the night before???

I used to go at 3:00 a.m. too. I was in school and worked in the evening, so 3:00 a.m. was perfect since that was late evening to me. I miss being a night owl. I hate working day shift.
  • babycakes1970
    babycakes1970 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have been needed at home lately and going in the morning is not at all practical for me since I have to be at work at eight a.m. and I do NOT like to be rushed doing my workouts. I also refuse to go to bed at eight p.m. so I can get up at 4 a.m. and be at the gym at five or six. I actually have not been to the Y in a couple of months but when I do go it is always in the evenings around seven oclock. That way I do not have to worry about rushing off to get ready for work.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I like going at night! I'll show up at 8 or 8:30 and stay for an hour or so. it's usually not that busy.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I like to go when I wake up. On a day off it will be around 8, or 9 AM. On a day shift it will be at about 3 AM, and on a night shift it will be around 1 PM.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't open until 6 (on college campus) so you bet I am there BEFORE the doors open;)
  • FightingforFit82
    Options
    Between 9 and 10:30

I go between 3-3:30am. It is silent. No one but me :). I can sing out loud and lift without having to worry about anyone else!

• dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

Damn!! I'm usually in bed by 8 when I have to get up by 3. I'd die if I got any less sleep than I do.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    between 1-3pm 5 days a week. Consistency baby!!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    between 7 and 10pm
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Either 6am, lunch or 8:30-9 pm. Depends on my schedule.
  • ZL9685
    ZL9685 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Currently bouncing around shifts so any time from 11pm to 4am, to 4pm, basically just when work's over.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I usually go around 6pm, after work. I used to go in the morning before work but I'd feel much weaker in the morning.
  • SanDiegoCasey
    SanDiegoCasey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm my own boss, but I get up crazy early most days, so every day is somewhere between 4am and 7am But Weekends are usually about 8am.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    5am. If I miss the morning, I won't go at night, there are soooooo many people there in the evening after work. It's a friggin zoo. I don't know how people do it.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Not getting adequate sleep can have quite a negative impact on hormones and in turn on weight management.
    Hope you are aware of that.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    My times vary as my work schedule does...can be in the morn, afternoon or even later in the evening, lately I have only been getting there twice per week...luckily my heavy lifting programme is at an end until the New Year...I cycle everywhere and run when I can so I get plenty of cardio...
  • Rachielous
    Rachielous Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I usually go on my way home from work - unfortunatly my gym is only open from 5pm - 10pm on a weekday and 10am - 4pm at the weekend.

Very annoying but it is conveniently located on my way home from work..
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I go 5.45 - 7pm. Its awful but my gym doesnt open early enough for me to get there before work and i know if i said i would go 8.30 - 10pm i just wouldnt bother
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    5:30-6 a.m. depending on whether I'm taking a class or using weight room, but that's just during the week. Saturdays I take a body pump class at 8:30 a.m.. Sundays I exercise outside, so time depends on weather and when I get up and moving.