Low calorie breakfast

What can I eat for breakfast for around 200 cals that will be the most satisfying?

Replies

• RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Something high in fiber or protein would be good. Might I ask why you wanna set your breakfast caloric intake so low?
  • I prefer lArge meals for lunch and dinner
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    if you eat eggs, I'd go with a boiled egg and banana or 2 boiled eggs and a tangerine. I think the latter would be more filling.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Personally I skip breakfast and just have a black coffee. I know some people are all about breakfast because it does kick start your metabolism but personally I'm rarely hungry in the morning, and starving at night so I need to save up my calories for after dinner. If you're really not a breakfast person there is nothing wrong with doing that.

Some low calories breakfast: Cheerio's/Special K W/ Unsweetend Almond Milk, Fruit, Special K 90 Cal Bar, Bagel Thins, Eggs, Fruit Smoothie, Fat Greek Yogurt
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Cottage cheese on a slice of grain toast
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Eggs and toast.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Greek yogurt and fruit
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Sometimes, for me it is easier to skip breakfast if I want a larger meal later. Sometimes eating something light will make me hungry sooner than I'd like.

I have done a vanilla protein powder mixed with 16 oz of water, and a packet of crystal light citrus energy for about 150 calories, and sometimes it has worked okay.

• Some low calories breakfast: Cheerio's/Special K W/ Unsweetend Almond Milk, Fruit, Special K 90 Cal Bar, Bagel Thins, Eggs, Fruit Smoothie, Fat Greek Yogurt

I would suggest skipping the processed junk and going for the eggs or greek low fat (add your own fruit!) yogurt.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    What can I eat for breakfast for around 200 cals that will be the most satisfying?

How about a couple of eggs and a slice of toast?
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    I used to have a pack of Belvita biscuits, but have two first thing and two at around 11.

Now I eat 600kcal for breakfast, so no need for tricks like that!
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    HOT OATMEAL all the way. it can have very little calories and it's super satisfying.
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    I have porridge with berries (added by me so I know there's no sugar or other additions!)
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Egg white omelette with spinach and bacon. Mine usually comes in around 150cals. LOTS of protein and yum yum yum!
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Egg white omelette with spinach and bacon. Mine usually comes in around 150cals. LOTS of protein and yum yum yum!

yep ^^

Filling and low cal.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    If you're not hungry but feel you NEED to eat breakfast for some blahblah jump-start metabolism bullsh1t reason, then just skip it if you're not hungry. That's a zero calorie breakfast...
    Breakfast is not necessary if you're not hungry. Coffee does me just fine till my first break at work at ten.

If you ARE hungry and enjoy eating breakfast, a good idea is a pile of egg whites with some diced ham and veggies scrambled in. You can do it in the microwave: spray bowl with butter spray, throw in pile of ham and veggies, pour egg whites, microwave 2-3 minutes depending on your mic and how much is in the bowl, stir after a minute and every 30 sec afterwards if you want scrambled consistency instead of omelet patty consistency.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    If I don't have fat and protein first meal, then the rest of the day I'm hungry. And I eat six times per day...

First meal for me: 1 slice high protein low carb toast with a tablespoon of almond butter.

180 calories. I'm satisfied for about 3-5 solid hours, and I don't munch the rest of the day on mindless carbs.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Morning Star veggie sausage links (80 cals, 3 carbs, 9 protein, for 2 links) always leave me satisfied without spending too much of my calorie budget for the day, and to me pairs well with some cottage cheese for well under 200 calories. I might add some veggies into the mix for bulk if I am feeling particularly hungry.

Im not a vegetarian or anything, and they aren't fooling anyone into thinking this is meat, lol, but they are tasty.
  • symkat
    symkat Posts: 70
    I always mix two large eggs with two tablespoons of 2% milk and add pepper to taste whip with fork for two minutes and pour in pan add 1/3 cup of diced john morrel ham and scramble. it is delicious and it's only 227 calories and very low in carbs fat and sugar and high in protein. it keeps me full for a really long time. :happy:
  • czapp1
    czapp1 Posts: 18 Member
    i have a chocolate slim fast (disturbingly filling at 190 cals) or 2 eggs over a veggie like spinach