Is it possible for a woman in their 30s

Options

Replies

• manohirarevolutions
    Options
    You CAN do it! I'm 41 and joined MFP on 28th August this year, already 24 pounds lost! You just have to set your mind to it to begin with, then it's like a light going on in your mind, it just clicks. Make sensible food choices and start by moving around a bit more - I started with a 30 minute walk in my lunch break, nothing more scary to start with. YOU CAN DO IT!

Add me as a friend if you want, I'm on every day and like to offer support and encouragement.

I only can start by Leslie Sansone 1 mile. It's a very small step. A baby step in a big and long journey. But at the moment am not able yet to exercise more that that. hopefully after one week I can step up to 2 miles, 3 miles, then 4 and 5 miles. I give myself time 4 months to finish Leslie Sansone, then after that I'll move to more challenging exercise
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    i am 5'2'' , 173 lbs, 34 yr old woman ,and had been my ideal weight as a 19 yr old , after a prolonged illness,i am also afraid of falling off the wagon but, 1 mnth into MFP i am noticing a change of my attitude towards food,log i daily and i'm sure this place is going to help you, i'm from a third world country, gym membership is too expensive and walking is only method available to me, yet i'm trying, you will surely succeed,best of luck.
  • Mousumi32
    Options
    I am 32 now, started at 31 and lost over 60 lbs, i am not far from my ideal weight either, so in one sentence its possible at any age
  • StrawberryThief
    Options
    Do you know what, I think this is a brilliant question. I'm 26 (so a little younger) and have been trying to be slimmer since forever. I'm not sure if I can ever actually do it because I've never succeeded. But now I've joined MFP and actually have a clear view of how to track what I eat and the exercise I get. I think I might actually get there this time, and think you can too!
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It's absolutely possible!

I'm 32 and have been overweight/obese my entire life. I started at 266 a little over a year ago and I've lost a little over 100 pounds (and still going)! I never thought it was possible either, but it certainly is if you're willing to work for it.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 will be 30 end of January and I started this about 6 months ago and have lost 25lbs I am working it slow. I believe it can be done. I believe that I can do it and I think that is what counts.
  • Anewcrys
    Anewcrys Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The good thing about that wagon is, if you fall off it's still there waiting for you! I'm 28 (really 31) and I have lost 60 pounds, put 15 back on and I'm on a mission to get it back off! So hell yes you can loose it! A little time and effort is all you need :)
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    If you think it's possible, then it's possible. I am 47 and started at 323 pounds 9 months ago. This morning I am 212.8. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I think it's very possible but you have to want it and believe in yourself! It's not going to happen without a lot of dedication, that's for sure!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    It's absolutely possible. I started at 30 y.o. and weighed 240lb and in 5-6 months with tons of determination I lost a lot of weight! My lowest weight was 172 at 6'0". I slacked off and gained back to 212 and now I am at 193 and 13-18 pounds from my goal and then I need to stay there! It is doable. There are good days and bad days. Just hold your head up high and go day by day (sometimes hour by hour or minute by minute and choice by choice). YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I am 33. It took me over a year and a half to lose my 60+ pounds. Slow and steady is not always a bad thing.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Of course it's possible. I'm 34 and I'm the fittest/thinnest I've EVER been. Even in high school I wasn't this small.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it!
  • apachebat
    apachebat Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Try not to think of it as staying on track for 2 and a half years, but changing your lifestyle for good. Having a healthy weight is a forever goal, not just a small fraction of your life. You can do it!
  • Clemsonlkg
    Clemsonlkg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am 5' tall and 40, and I have lost 79 pounds since January 2012. You can do it.
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    You know, two/ two and a half years is going to go by (Lord willing) no matter if you are losing weight, or if you are gaining weight or staying the same. So, why not let the next two years pass while living a healthier life and making good choices? You're right - two years does seem like a long time. But, it's going to go by no matter what. :) Food for thought. You CAN do it, by the way. You really can.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Yes I think it is. I've seen people I'm their 50s do it. I'm 27 and I'm doing pretty well with it. Stop telling yourself you will fail.. Your sabotaging yourself! X
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am 56...I have lost 11 pounds....slow and steady...you can definitely lose it in your 30s! Focus on this...where will you be in two years if you DON'T try now?
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I am 31yrs old (5'4")and can tell you it IS possible cupcake! I am 18lbs away from the lowest weight I have ever been (100lbs loss) and 48lbs away from what might be my ideal weight.Trust and have faith in yourself because no one else can do that for you doll! xo Best of luck!
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yes it's possible!! All you need is determination! I'm 37 and have lost 50 lbs since the end of May. I could have done it faster or have lost more by now but I still enjoy certain foods and don't go to the gym everyday. The way I look at it is that I'm healthier than I was 7 months ago and am alot smaller. BTW, I kicked my 17 year olds self by running my 1st 5K a few weeks ago. I couldn't run a mile straight in high school! I think now that we're older we can also be more motivated. Good luck on your journey!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Nothing is stopping you so be positive.

You do need to see it as a long term change though, not something to get over and done with.

Weight loss is gradual, it is hard to take this in when you read about celebrities dropping 5lbs a week, this is an impossible figure, they aren't losing 5lbs of fat a week so pay no attention.

Take it slowly, follow the advice, don't cut calories too dramatically - do what is advised, work-out some more but eat what you like all in moderation though then there is no wagon to fall from.