Anyone else nervous about flying on 12 21 12?

Options
Not because of the end of the world theory, moreso because of the cuckoo clocks that might decide to take down a plane or shoot up an airport because "Oh Hey its the end of the world anyway".

I am having mini anxiety attacks because of it.

We were going to drive instead but the cost of cancelling just one way was ridiculous.

We're going to be traveling through a major hub which makes me more nervous.

someone tell me my fears are unfounded! Gaaah.

My resting heart rate this week is going to constantly be at like 120 that is how scared I am.

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I'm not flying, but I would NOT be nervous.

There is NO reason whatsoever to be nervous. You're just being silly.
  • Whoa, I'm flying the 22nd, I cant reassure you as I'm with you now!!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    No, and I wasn't concerned about Y2K and didn't expect anything to happen on any anniversary of 9/11.

Your fears are unfounded. The "end of the world" has been predicted thousands of times, and we are still here. Move along.
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options
    no because I do not let the ignorance of one scare me into a mole hole and fear continueing my life. If it my time to go it my time to go.... regardless of how.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine. If you're worried about it, so is TSA, and I'm sure they'll be on high alert to keep anything bad from happening. Also, seriously, it's a lot safer to fly than it is to drive, no matter what the day.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    It has been predicted and didn't end, but she's saying because people are nutso and might do stupid things because they're insane............. I'm taking a 3 hour road trip on the 21st, I hope, and I'm not afraid. I have 2 kids and I'm pregnant. People are nuts though.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I think the fears are a bit silly, but I assure you, you are not the only one thinking this way. I bet the airports will have security measures in place because of this thought process. Sadly, our world keeps getting crazier and the airports are stepping up to keep us safe!
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I wont be home for the "end of the world" as my MIL flys in at 11pm on the 20th. I will be in a big city and im a little nervous of the way people are going to react and stuff.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Your fears are definitely unfounded. Do you really think if someone believed the world is going to end on that day they would waste their time killing people who are going to die anyways? If they were that crazy they would probably be set up in their underground bunker planning how to rule the new world.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    No one is going to do anything crazy like that on 12/21/12.

However, being in the air is probably for the best, for when earth momentarily liquifies to swallow the ankles of the non-believers, you'll be coasting snug and secure in your Boeing 737 airliner.

From the lap of luxury you'll be able to look down at the twisted landscape and! if you're lucky? even faintly hear the screams and cries of the final dying gasp of humanity far below.

Enjoy complimentary in-flight beverages from a crew that knows there's no where to spend the money they would otherwise accept from you! Watch your final bit of televised entertainment as the in-flight screens give you an episode or two of Friends.

I think you'll have a blast! Don't sweat it!!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Oh good Lord. I've flown on 9/11 INTO New York City with no anxiety. Don't let irrational fear control your life. You're in control here.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options

However, being in the air is probably for the best, for when earth momentarily liquifies to swallow the ankles of the non-believers, you'll be coasting snug and secure in your Boeing 737 airliner.

From the lap of luxury you'll be able to look down at the twisted landscape and! if you're lucky? even faintly hear the screams and cries of the final dying gasp of humanity far below.

Enjoy complimentary in-flight beverages from a crew that knows there's no where to spend the money they would otherwise accept from you! Watch your final bit of televised entertainment as the in-flight screens give you an episode or two of Friends.

You win!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Your fears are definitely unfounded. Do you really think if someone believed the world is going to end on that day they would waste their time killing people who are going to die anyways? If they were that crazy they would probably be set up in their underground bunker planning how to rule the new world.

You only post this to get the upper hand when the apocalypse comes.

DON'T LISTEN TO HER. SHE'S ONE OF THE ALIEN OVERLORDS!!!!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

This.

But if I'm on the second floor of my house and the earth only liquifies enough to swallow ankles, then I should be OK, right?
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

This.

But if I'm on the second floor of my house and the earth only liquifies enough to swallow ankles, then I should be OK, right?

Yes. Know that the alien overlords are ruthless as they are determined but scared of stairs and lifts.
  • WillardsMommy1
    Options
    Thanks MFPeeps. I actually feel a little better. I will still probably have to have a few drinks that night to not annoy my husband with my paranoia but to everyone that called me silly THANK YOU. Just what I needed.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    No it will be fine . . . unless half the plane turns into zombies while you are in the air, then I make no assurances.
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    No.
  • duichaser
    duichaser Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any anxiety the last umteen times someone predicted the world would end, and it is safer to be on something that people have to go through security checks to get on than it is to be anywhere else. Personally, I am a believer in the bible, which says you will not know the time or the place when Christ will return. Therefore, any predictions for the end of the world are pointless.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You are going to die. I'll be safe in my underground bunker in the Pyrenees mountains near Andorra. .but you are going to die.