Anyone else nervous about flying on 12 21 12?

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    There are always crackpots. You can't predict when or if they will do something nuts. All you can do is decide whether or not you're going to let fear rule your life.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Your fears are unfounded.

Edit to add: Also, when you can, I highly recommend you get help for your fearful flying. Depending on where you live, there may be a fear of flying clinic available for several hundred dollars. You want something that combines information about the aviation industry with cognitive-behavioral therapy, relaxation techniques, and exposure therapy. Happy to discuss more if you add me and PM.
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I heard the aliens are coming and revealing themselves!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    DALEKS!!!!!

They have rocket butts now.

Nonetheless they're lighter than they look.
    tumblr_lsixbwNwrT1qdnwiro1_500.gif
  • Bubble105
    Bubble105 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks MFPeeps. I actually feel a little better. I will still probably have to have a few drinks that night to not annoy my husband with my paranoia but to everyone that called me silly THANK YOU. Just what I needed.

When flying over a land mass that's largely dark (countryside), suddenly scream, "OH MY GOD! I JUST SAW THE LIGHTS OF A CITY BELOW US SUDDENLY GO OUT. THE APOCALYPSE HAS BEGUN!!"

I promise to visit you in prison.

Haha! Or I could get REALLY drunk & scream : "There’s a colonial woman on the wing of the plane,she’s dressed in authentic colonial garb! There’s something they’re not telling us!"

If anyone gets that reference you are my new BFF.

SHE WAS OUT THERE CHURNING BUTTER!!
  • karag413
    karag413 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    DALEKS!!!!!

They have rocket butts now.

Nonetheless they're lighter than they look.
    tumblr_lsixbwNwrT1qdnwiro1_500.gif

The worst thing about the Apocalypse being true would be missing the Dr. Who Xmas special. Unless it brought Zombies, Zombies would be fun.
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Matthew 24:36
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    No one is going to do anything crazy like that on 12/21/12.

However, being in the air is probably for the best, for when earth momentarily liquifies to swallow the ankles of the non-believers, you'll be coasting snug and secure in your Boeing 737 airliner.

From the lap of luxury you'll be able to look down at the twisted landscape and! if you're lucky? even faintly hear the screams and cries of the final dying gasp of humanity far below.

Enjoy complimentary in-flight beverages from a crew that knows there's no where to spend the money they would otherwise accept from you! Watch your final bit of televised entertainment as the in-flight screens give you an episode or two of Friends.

I think you'll have a blast! Don't sweat it!!

This.

But if I'm on the second floor of my house and the earth only liquifies enough to swallow ankles, then I should be OK, right?

Yes. Know that the alien overlords are ruthless as they are determined but scared of stairs and lifts.

Awesome. I will make sure to spend my day on the second floor, then.

*DIES LAUGHING!*
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    No one is even really talking about the "end of the world" anymore. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    If the world really was going to end, I don't see how whether or not you're in an airplane at the time would matter.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Not because of the end of the world theory, moreso because of the cuckoo clocks that might decide to take down a plane or shoot up an airport because "Oh Hey its the end of the world anyway".

I am having mini anxiety attacks because of it.

We were going to drive instead but the cost of cancelling just one way was ridiculous.

We're going to be traveling through a major hub which makes me more nervous.

someone tell me my fears are unfounded! Gaaah.

My resting heart rate this week is going to constantly be at like 120 that is how scared I am.

I'm flying on 12/21/2012 .. pfft .. not skeered in the least bit .. whatever happens is gonna happen on Earth .. I'll be safe up in the skies watching from above! LOL

I LOVE flying .. I'm not biting into all that hype.. I fly all the time .. every month almost .. worldwide.. nothing to fear and panic about.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Matthew 24:36

That may have been true at time of publication, however the Mayans were around as recently as 1200 years ago, whereas the book of Matthew is circa 100 A.D. Therefore it is very feasible that the Mayans had developed scholarship unavailable to Matthew at the time.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    No one is going to do anything crazy like that on 12/21/12.

However, being in the air is probably for the best, for when earth momentarily liquifies to swallow the ankles of the non-believers, you'll be coasting snug and secure in your Boeing 737 airliner.

From the lap of luxury you'll be able to look down at the twisted landscape and! if you're lucky? even faintly hear the screams and cries of the final dying gasp of humanity far below.

Enjoy complimentary in-flight beverages from a crew that knows there's no where to spend the money they would otherwise accept from you! Watch your final bit of televised entertainment as the in-flight screens give you an episode or two of Friends.

I think you'll have a blast! Don't sweat it!!

Funny you said this, my bff is a flight attendant and she basically said the same thing. Said if the world ends she'll get a birds eye view and be in the most safest of all places.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'll be flying from the US West to US East on the 21st and it never occurred to me to worry about it on that day.

But then again, I didn't worry about flying home on 9/15/01 - I just wanted to *get* home.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm nervous anytime i fly. No single day matters to me. Just do not like it, but there are times I have to suck it up and fly anyways.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    LOL...you guys are all HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas...
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am also flying on that day! I am only concerned to like 5% but if it does happen i want it to happen when I am in the air! And hopefully my pilot can land in water :) I can survive the sharks!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    edUD5.jpg?1
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6kpe0Jmki1qfljv9.gif
  • WillardsMommy1
    Options
    Update.

We aren't flying. My husband wants to drive just because he'd like to go back a day later than we were planning on when we were flying & bringing the baby dog along on the airplane would have cost more than the gas it would take to drive halfway across the country. Plus we still get $200 in airline credits

So it looks like the only crazies I have to fear are the ones I'm around every day on the road. & Stupid Deer running across high ways. & creepy rest stop people. ah good times.

Now, won't it be ironic when I die in a car accident!!

Also, I'd like to add that people have such poor comprehension skills, or are too lazy to read anything but the title of posts! NOWHERE in the post did I say I was scared of flying because I thought the world was going to end....

:tongue: