Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I agree on the wine group!!! I am in!!!

Jenniecakes

ooooh, ooooh, add me wine group!!!!!!!!
  • madrell1
    madrell1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is in the database under red or white but basically all wine has about the same calorie wise. I take the amount of ounces it says, pour into measuring cup, pour some in a glass and add seltzer or club soda to make a wine spritzer. That way one glass can be 2 or 3 with club soda and still only calories of one glass. And the club soda or seltzer adds water for the day. Wine can add a lot of extra calories and sugar if you don't control and count them. Has made a big difference in my weight loss speed by doing this instead of just pourng in a glass. Glasses for wine are any where from 5- 8 ounces so you actually can be getting 1 1/2- 2 glasses if you don't measure.
  • JeffTCole
    JeffTCole Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Ladies, we obviously need to start a wineo group here....

Oh, and the boys are invited as long as they bring a bottle...and snacks.

I will bring a bottle of red (or 3) and some cheese...
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    <--in for the wine group! :drinker:
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    If it has a barcode and you have the MFP app on your phone, scan it. Otherwise search the database, google it, or look at the brandmaker's website.

Although beware of the barcode! One obscure red wine I bought scanned as "Heinz salad cream." WTF?
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Two weekends ago I drank a bottle of wine over the period of 2 days (Sat and Sun). Monday after my workout I weighed myself and I had gained 3 pounds. Those pounds were all water of course.... but it made me seriously reconsider drinking wine. Which sucks because I love Moscato.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    If it has a barcode and you have the MFP app on your phone, scan it. Otherwise search the database, google it, or look at the brandmaker's website.

Although beware of the barcode! One obscure red wine I bought scanned as "Heinz salad cream." WTF?

lol what the heck is salad cream ?
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Wine group--I'm in. :drinker:
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    5 oz = the best 120 calories of the day
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Kelly, your friendly neighborhood wine snob.

Kelly, you and I should be friends. I like your attitude.

Ditto!!
  • beaudrydasha
    beaudrydasha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Moscato is often the lowest calorie wine. Some have only 4% alcohol. If you like a drier white some of the Rhine Rieslings fall under 8% (less alcohol, fewer calories). I haven't found a red I like yet. There are some Lambrusco-types (Stella Rossa, etc.) that are sweet and spritzy but I'm looking for the low calorie meaty Bordeaux.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Wine by the glass you say?? Hand over the bottle! LOL

All joking aside, average calories for a bottle of dry red is around 500 so I log as 125 calories per glass. It definitely adds up quick.
  • mustdothis40
    mustdothis40 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Me too! It's a part of every day. :smile:
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options

All joking aside, average calories for a bottle of dry red is around 500 so I log as 125 calories per glass. It definitely adds up quick.

Yes, but I'm trying to "up" my calories....so DRINK more to weigh less?????

(please before someone crucifies me, that was a joke - you continue your journey, I'll be drunk in mine)
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options

Yes, but I'm trying to "up" my calories....so DRINK more to weigh less?????

(please before someone crucifies me, that was a joke - you continue your journey, I'll be drunk in mine)

If DRINK more to weigh less worked, I'd be one SKINNY B*TCH. :)
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    oohh a wine group..I'M IN!
  • auntkk28
    auntkk28 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Most of the wines I drink have a barcode and I can scan with my smartphone to get calories:)
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    Wine club you say? I'm in.