Replies

• valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Someone said wine group? Ok, how do I sign up? *grin*
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Shiraz is about 114 calories per 4oz glass, so it isn't bad. But I really can't drink wine in moderation anyway, so the day I know I'm having wine I log in about 500-600 calories for the entire bottle because yep it's that serious. :drinker:
  • Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I personally go with my own "rule of thumb" for wine. We drink almost exclusively red wines, and I use 25 calories per fluid ounce. I measure how much I drink and enter the ounces at that calorie level.

I think a standard "pour" for a glass of wine is 5 ounces. So when the ability to measure isn't available, I use 5 ounces (125 calories) per glass.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    A wine group is an excellent idea!

I have a section in my diary labeled 'Wine'. I usually use one entry ( zin) for any red I drink, which is 135 calories for 5 oz and one entry for white/blush (Sauv Blanc), which is 105 calories for 5 oz. It may not be exact, but it works for me, and I drink alot of wine! And have lost 44 pounds while drinking wine almost everyday.
  • WorkoutWarrior76
    WorkoutWarrior76 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    So how do you figure out how many calories are a glass or two of wine?

How many in 2 bottles???
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    105060603777767069_GoQUgum2_c.jpg
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Drink it in the dark.. and eat dark chocolate there is no calories in either if you can't see them.
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Okay PALS, I was kinda joking originally when I said we should have a wine club, but it seems there are a lot of wine drinkers on here (yeah)! I still relatively new to MFP, so I have no idea how to form a group and frankly have no idea what we would discuss other than our love of wine and food...(well, that's not such a bad idea I guess)

So, where do we go from here?
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    105060603777767069_GoQUgum2_c.jpg

LOVE this!!
  • Alishamarie48879
    Alishamarie48879 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm in for a wine group!!

I drink wine a lot, 5oz of chardonnay or pinot grigio is usually 120-125.

Wine is amazing. :)
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I love me a full bodied red.

YUMMO!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The average 5 oz glass has 110 - 125 calories. Sweet wines generally have more than dry. I used to look up every wine I drank, but it was time consuming and frustrating. Now I just keep one red and one white in my most used and log all wines as that. The calorie variation isn't enough makes a difference in my weight maintenance.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I wrote a poem about wine....

"Ode to the Cork that plugs the hole in my heart"

Wine, How I <3 LOVE <3 Thee, Let me counts the many ways...

You, Pinot Noir, lay in your holder with your friends Merlot and Cabernet. You are bold, but also sweet. The way you stand out from the crowd enchants me.

You relax with me after a long days work. You always show your true colors and love to dance, all along my taste buds. You warm my stomach with every touch, like butterflies, we dance.

After a great nights work out I want nothing but to relax with you. We watch movies, Read books, and chit chat on MFP about our love for eachther, and how we will always be there for eachother.

Sometimes, we have too much fun and next thing you know we are surfing the internet for hotties! OOps, oh Wine, you are so Silly!

On a Friday night when I cant seem to find a friend, you are there. When I need a good cry, we watch the note book and PS I love you and indulge in eachother. I let you in like a waterfall busting through a dam. We are one. Sometimes, I even wake up with your sweet colors stained on my lips.

Oh Wine, I love you.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I wrote a poem about wine....

"Ode to the Cork that plugs the hole in my heart"

Wine, How I <3 LOVE <3 Thee, Let me counts the many ways...

You, Pinot Noir, lay in your holder with your friends Merlot and Cabernet. You are bold, but also sweet. The way you stand out from the crowd enchants me.

You relax with me after a long days work. You always show your true colors and love to dance, all along my taste buds. You warm my stomach with every touch, like butterflies, we dance.

After a great nights work out I want nothing but to relax with you. We watch movies, Read books, and chit chat on MFP about our love for eachther, and how we will always be there for eachother.

Sometimes, we have too much fun and next thing you know we are surfing the internet for hotties! OOps, oh Wine, you are so Silly!

On a Friday night when I cant seem to find a friend, you are there. When I need a good cry, we watch the note book and PS I love you and indulge in eachother. I let you in like a waterfall busting through a dam. We are one. Sometimes, I even wake up with your sweet colors stained on my lips.

Oh Wine, I love you.

Swoon...I love this!
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    So how do you figure out how many calories are a glass or two of wine?

How many in 2 bottles???

Approximately 1040
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my answer was going to be "drink enough that you no longer care how many calories"...
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Sign me up for the whino group! I drank about a bottle a day (sometimes more) the last 3 weeks straight while I was mourning the loss of my cat, didn't go to the gym at all and only gained 2.5 pounds. :bigsmile: Oh, and I ate like *kitten* and didn't really log.

So, therefore, my conclusion is that wine has zero calories! :laugh: :wink:
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Okay PALS, I was kinda joking originally when I said we should have a wine club, but it seems there are a lot of wine drinkers on here (yeah)! I still relatively new to MFP, so I have no idea how to form a group and frankly have no idea what we would discuss other than our love of wine and food...(well, that's not such a bad idea I guess)

So, where do we go from here?

Okay, I'm bumping this to find out if you all are really interested in a group and how do we go about putting one together
    ??????????

Cheers, Kelly
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    Bumping for ya... I don't know how to make a group either.... Sorry...