is there life after heartbreak?

Options
124»

Replies

• CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Oh hell YES! Just might take a little bit to find. But let me repeat: oh hell YES!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Of course!!

Guess what....you'll find love and lust again too. :wink:
  • 201forLIFE
    Options
    I believe it depends on the person. While you can love someone with all your heart, you still decide how your life continues without them. You can make it enjoyable or you can make it sad. This isn't discounting that the heartbreak is insignificant, I'm saying that people have a choice to live better. Is it hard? Yeah, but that's when the best of us usually shine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Good advice
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    The old adage that "time heals all wounds" is true. It just may take more time than you'd like.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    The old adage that "time heals all wounds" is true. It just may take more time than you'd like.

And thanks to karma, time wounds all "heels," too. :glasses: :drinker: :laugh:
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    There is life before heartbreak.
    There is life during heartbreak.
    There is life after heartbreak.

Life doesn't stop for your emotions, no matter how much it may feel like it does. It's up to you to decide how to react to your feelings, and what to do with your life.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    believe.jpg
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Are you like 15 years old?!?!?
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    <--- heart broken three times or more..., still enjoys a good meteor shower.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Well is there? :o( What's it like to move on

[url]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2Y78VgfNQ
    [/url]
  • WeatherGirl8
    WeatherGirl8 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It takes time.

It can take lots of time.

But of course there is! And then things'll go back to normal, and all will be well. It's just getting to that point that really sucks. It's feels like there's legitimately no light at the end of the tunnel.
  • samlankford
    Options
    lol about this time last year I was in a nasty car wreck (totaled car)... APPARENTLY driving with a really high fever and dehyrated is a bad idea! so spent 5 days in hospital, get out of hospital and told by then husband "i'm just not in love with you".. PREFECT timing seeing as how I JUST got out of the hospital just a few hours earlier and it is right before christmas!! WHAT A PRINCE!!! shows you what people can hde their true selves when they really want to (otherwise it would have saved me so much time, energy and money!!)... so d-bag left, I had myself a litle pitty party for a day or two, then I threw myself into doing what I WANTED to do, I FINALLY focused on ME!!!! I ate right, I exercised, I put things into a new light... I packed up his junk (not so nicely), I took EVERYTHING of his out of the house... I felt amazing for the FIRST time in my life...

Was it hard at first? HELL YEAH, I mean seriously who wants to hear "i'm not in love with you anymore"?! But I quickly realized that I am sooooo much better without him... I was not into drinking as a hobby, eating like crap 24/7, sitting on my butt playing video games...

so now I am with a like minded MAN not a 2 yr old wearing big boy clothes! he works hard(have to when your running your own business), is pretty healthy, active, eats right, does not drink!!! all things that are important...

so is there life after heartach? hell yeah, it will find you, don't rush it :bigsmile:
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well is there? :o( What's it like to move on

Yes there is. It's hard and you will probably not think there is for a while. But eventually you will find that you aren't so heartbroken. Not so hung up thinking about whoever. Then one night when you're out with your friends you notice someone else. It's simple, but so hard to make ourselves reach it.
  • autumnwater
    autumnwater Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Yes! Something (or someone better) is around the corner if you look for it. I do believe that now you've closed a door, you are opening not only just one but many other doors.
    If you keep yourself busy with other goals, you will feel better more quickly.

I saw my ex, who I dated on and off for 3 years, coincidentally the first time in 3 years. When he asked me to catch up with him again, part of me wanted to but in the end I chose not to keep in touch. I am with such a wonderful man who is really just a much better fit with me, and I don't want to do anything to jeopardize that.
    I have faith that if you believe in better, one day you be in a much better place too. :)