Replies

• sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'll take 20-22% and having a "2 pack" stomach. :bigsmile:
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    This Facebook page is really good motivation http://www.facebook.com/rippedgoddess
  • emilynw10
    Options
    Pretty much yes. That ripped look comes from having low body fat, down near or into the single digits. Getting body fat that low but maintaining enough muscle mass to have something to show is going to require both cardio and strength training. Don't worry about getting bulky though, you have to try hard to add significant muscle bulk.

I'm sorry I just have to say the assessment of body fat percentage here is incorrect for females. We can have significant definition at higher bf percentages. My goal is 16% body fat. Single digits for females is pretty extreme.

this is because females need extra body fat for breast tissue and some other things. One digit body fat for females is dangerous, and they can lose the ability to menstruate. Here's a rough visual guide:

I'd recommend not even trying to get to 10% as it is too unsafe. 15-17% looks perfectly healthy (even up to 20% in my opinion)

I'm not sure that is a very accurate poster. I am 25% but I look closer to the girl that is 35%. I see your point in posting it though, I agree that weight training is the best way to do it. You don't necessarily need dumbells or equipment though (at least until you get stonger). Bodyweight (calisthenics) are a good easy way to do it too! Also, you will not get bulky. It takes high calories and protein(and testosterone so I've been told) to even begin something like that.

I thought the same thing when I saw that! I'm about 25% too, but definitely look closer to the 35%.
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    This Facebook page is really good motivation http://www.facebook.com/rippedgoddess

Awesome FB page!
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It really is isn't it pecoch, they always post motivational quotes,
    Loads of those women are my thinspiration!! :)
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Pretty much yes. That ripped look comes from having low body fat, down near or into the single digits. Getting body fat that low but maintaining enough muscle mass to have something to show is going to require both cardio and strength training. Don't worry about getting bulky though, you have to try hard to add significant muscle bulk.

I'm sorry I just have to say the assessment of body fat percentage here is incorrect for females. We can have significant definition at higher bf percentages. My goal is 16% body fat. Single digits for females is pretty extreme.

this is because females need extra body fat for breast tissue and some other things. One digit body fat for females is dangerous, and they can lose the ability to menstruate. Here's a rough visual guide:

tumblr_me8iv8Yb8M1rlcbrro2_500.jpg

I'd recommend not even trying to get to 10% as it is too unsafe. 15-17% looks perfectly healthy (even up to 20% in my opinion)

I'm not sure that is a very accurate poster. I am 25% but I look closer to the girl that is 35%. I see your point in posting it though, I agree that weight training is the best way to do it. You don't necessarily need dumbells or equipment though (at least until you get stonger). Bodyweight (calisthenics) are a good easy way to do it too! Also, you will not get bulky. It takes high calories and protein(and testosterone so I've been told) to even begin something like that.
    Most people grossly underestimate their bodyfat %'s.
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The 30% poster girl is very curvy; I'm afraid most of us won't look that good at 30%! And, sorry guys, but none of you will look very fit at 30%. :)

I'd love to get down to the 20-25% range again! I'm not sure my over-40 body could handle the training required to get below 20% anymore.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get down to the 20-25% range again! I'm not sure my over-40 body could handle the training required to get below 20% anymore.
    Why can't you? It's all about your diet. If think you can't do it, then you can't do it. Don't limit yourself.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    If you only want a number on a scale, aim for the number.
    If you want a certain body, aim for that body.

Pretty easy.

There is losing weight, and then there is creating your body. Losing weight is removing excess, not replacing it with what you actually want. That requires another process.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    The 30% poster girl is very curvy; I'm afraid most of us won't look that good at 30%! And, sorry guys, but none of you will look very fit at 30%. :)

oh YES it CAN!
  • traceer7
    Options
    I did not read all of the comments, so I hope this isn't a repeat, but lifting weights will basically turn your fat into muscle. Keep in mind, muscle weighs more than fat, so the scale won't be so kind for awhile. Take measurements, and you will see the progress there! Also, as soon as you quit lifting weights your muscle will turn back into fat. Another piece of info, you continue burning fat alot longer after lifting weights than after cardio.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    ay! That poster of body fat % is cray cray! I used to look like the 40%! Now I look like the 25%, but I know my bf% is 20%. I think i have loose skin from being obese for so long :(

The most accurate bf% test is hydrostatic... i'm wondering how people are figuring out their BF%?
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    to OP's question, here is my short answer:

aim to do this! LOL!

305080_451027351596544_1151187056_n.jpg
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I did not read all of the comments, so I hope this isn't a repeat, but lifting weights will basically turn your fat into muscle. Keep in mind, muscle weighs more than fat, so the scale won't be so kind for awhile. Take measurements, and you will see the progress there! Also, as soon as you quit lifting weights your muscle will turn back into fat. Another piece of info, you continue burning fat alot longer after lifting weights than after cardio.

Winner first post! Almost none of those statements are true...
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I don't know what my bf% is (probably around 16, 17%)... but what I have is from bodyweight exercises so far, and some medicine ball work. (the profile pic doesn't show much, but some of my other pics do)

It's doable, but it takes hard work and a whole lotta sweat.

it is totally worth it.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

I think the very last line was true.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

It's gotta be sarcasm.
    It's gotta be sarcasm.
    It's GOTTA BE SARCASM!

lol
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options

I think the very last line was true.

Yep, that was the 'almost'... otherwise this would have been a complete win!
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

Yep, that was the 'almost'... otherwise this would have been a complete win!

:love:
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    I don't know what my bf% is (probably around 16, 17%)... but what I have is from bodyweight exercises so far, and some medicine ball work. (the profile pic doesn't show much, but some of my other pics do)

It's doable, but it takes hard work and a whole lotta sweat.

it is totally worth it.

you are my goal. Hi! I'm CorvusCorax! It's nice to meet you!

also, just curious, how do you test your bodyfat? or were you just saying because you are EFFING RIPPED that you must be in that range?? (I would agree with you!)

:love: