Fat, sick and nearly dead

Options

Replies

• kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I thought that was an awesome show and although I haven't done it, I wouldn't mind trying for a few days at least. Like he says in the show, when you juice the fruit and vegies you can eat so much more than what you would in its natural state, so it was really concentrated. I wouldn't normally even think of doing anything like this, but after watching the movie it makes sense to me and like someone else said, you are getting the food in and to do that normally you chew it to mush before you swallow it, so apart from your body getting way more than if you were just eating it, what is the difference?

He didn't do it as a quick weight loss thing, he did it because of a disease he has and he didn't want to be that sick for the rest of his life. In his world 60 days eating his food in juice form couldn't be any worse than the pain and discomfort of the disease he has and as it turned out, he got himself off a heap of medication, started exercising and getting healthy during the journey.

Watch the movie before you knock it and then have your say.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Yeah not all that is because the guy who did the documentary just had a heart attack
    Link? I couldn't find any info on him having a heart attack through google.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I do not see how you would get all of your protein out of this diet. I agree with the previous response that there is no way you could continue this type of diet forever. You might lose some but as soon as you get off the pounds will pack on. What a waste of time & energy!
    Oh, so you tried it? Thanks for enlightening us with your personal experience.

I haven't tried an all gravy diet either but I know an all veggie juice diet is a sure weigh to lose a whole lot of muscle mass
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    And what do you do after day 60 ;-)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Unless your going to eat that way for the rest of your life, DON'T do these fad diets, juicing, shakes(with the exception of protein shakes), pills, cutting out whole food groups like fat, sugar, carbs, protein,...etc etc now.

This is about a lifestyle change not a band aid. Only participate in long term plans. If you don't learn how to eat now, what the heck makes you think you will be able to do it later? Unless your going to not eat a piece of cake for the rest of your life, eat it now. Eat it in moderation.

Exercise your A@$ off.

Use your TDEE as your diary and create a deficit from that. (it makes it easier to see how "in the green" you are at the end of the week). A calorie is never just a calorie but the general rule of thumb is you need a deficit of 3500 calories to lose a pound of fat.

Eat cleaner. Allow yourself a little time off as to not deprive yourself from fatty or sugary food so bad that you end binging. I allow myself 1 dinner out to eat and a dessert once a week no matter what the calories are.

Again. Don't juice. Everyone I have know that has juiced put the weight back on, even more than they actually started with. sigh

There is NO EASY WAY. Work your butt off
  • cesarkmaki
    Options
    Please, don't take so hard!

These kinds of diet are too much abrupt, people usually don't stand for long with it.
    It's much better search for a professional orientation and make some diet that you can continue for long time, controling your calories and getting healthy eating habits.

Anyway, feel free to add me :wink:
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Do you think you could last 60 days on this regimen because I would get bored with it and oh yeah I love food. What happens at the end of the "diet" when you start eating normally again? More than likely gain the weight you lost back and maybe some more.

I've lost 100lbs in a year and trust me I eat. Main thing is controlling your calories and learning healthy eating habits instead of overrating and overindulging. =)
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Do you think you could last 60 days on this regimen because I would get bored with it and oh yeah I love food. What happens at the end of the "diet" when you start eating normally again? More than likely gain the weight you lost back and maybe some more.

I've lost 100lbs in a year and trust me I eat. Main thing is controlling your calories and learning healthy eating habits instead of overrating and overindulging. =)
    Maybe your just *kitten**n awesome! =)
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

^This
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

^This

This is why we are friends!! :)
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    As I remember it juicing bacon wasn't part of the deal so it loses some appeal for me.

I did enjoy the way he inspired others though.

Lol. I loved the movie because of the changes I saw in people with extreme problems. It's not for everyone, but it did inspire me to try juicing. No way could I do this even for the 10 day reboot, but I have incorporated juicing into my week, and love it. It tastes good, it's better than sugar laden breakfast foods, and I don't waste nearly as many fruits and veggies.:drinker:
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yeah not all that is because the guy who did the documentary just had a heart attack

I'd like a link, too. If you find it, please forward. Thanks.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Lol. I loved the movie because of the changes I saw in people with extreme problems. It's not for everyone, but it did inspire me to try juicing. No way could I do this even for the 10 day reboot, but I have incorporated juicing into my week, and love it. It tastes good, it's better than sugar laden breakfast foods, and I don't waste nearly as many fruits and veggies.:drinker:

Absolutely, life doesn't have to be about extremes ... I juice it up a bit as a component of my day, it's just another efficient way of getting the essential nutrients in.

Take my porterhouse steak away and I won't be happy though :)

A bit of this, a bit of that and no feelings of deprivation works for me.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Unless your going to eat that way for the rest of your life, DON'T do these fad diets, juicing, shakes(with the exception of protein shakes), pills, cutting out whole food groups like fat, sugar, carbs, protein,...etc etc now.

This is about a lifestyle change not a band aid. Only participate in long term plans. If you don't learn how to eat now, what the heck makes you think you will be able to do it later? Unless your going to not eat a piece of cake for the rest of your life, eat it now. Eat it in moderation.

Exercise your A@$ off.

Use your TDEE as your diary and create a deficit from that. (it makes it easier to see how "in the green" you are at the end of the week). A calorie is never just a calorie but the general rule of thumb is you need a deficit of 3500 calories to lose a pound of fat.

Eat cleaner. Allow yourself a little time off as to not deprive yourself from fatty or sugary food so bad that you end binging. I allow myself 1 dinner out to eat and a dessert once a week no matter what the calories are.

Again. Don't juice. Everyone I have know that has juiced put the weight back on, even more than they actually started with. sigh

There is NO EASY WAY. Work your butt off

^ What she said.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I am so bummed.

I came expecting a support group because since I caught a bug that won't go away (three weeks and ticking) I am totally feeling FAT, SICK, AND NEARLY DEAD.

But you guys go enjoy your diets.

Really.

I'll just be over here hacking up my spleen.
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same as rprussell2004! On to the next thread!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I would be cautious of ANYTHING that promoted a liquid diet. Your body NEEDS solid foods, or rather, your digestive system does. Plus, it all depends on HOW you are juicing - if you are removing the skin beofre juicing then you are also removing a lot of the nutrients and in particular fibre.

Why live on fluid? Why not enjoy food as it is? What happens if you want to go out for a meal with friends? Do you ask the chef to juice the food?

you don't go out while you are juicing, people don't live like this forever, or you just enjoy a cup of tea or water. Please, do your research before you speak. Your body doesn't distinguish between juice and solid food, you chew up solid food before you swallow it and it all goes through the digestive system the same way. This is not as unhealthy as you make it out to be, eating fast greesy fried food is waaaay more unhealthy then extracting the vitamins and minerals from fruit and veggies so your body can absorb them better. I think most people against this either think it is starving (which is it most definitely not!! you should see how many fruits and veggies I juice daily) or are jealous because they don't believe they can do it themselves. If it is for health, and not a quick fix (at least it is for me anyway), it can be a very poweful and useful tool to be used in your daily life even when you are not only juicing. I can't say the same about eating crappy fast food while losing weight.

Sooooo you don't go out? That just sounds like so much fun.
    Why not just have a healthy balanced meal plan?

I think you're the one that needs to do the research.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I have not; however, I have been juicing my breakfast for about 6 months now and I love it! My skin is clear, my energy is better, and since I am terrible about eating fruits & vegs, it is an easy way for me to get those nutrients in. I have never been a huge fan of breakfast, so it has worked for me!

ETA: I agree with this completely, LOL!!

"As I remember it juicing bacon wasn't part of the deal so it loses some appeal for me.'
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    While it may net results, I think you are better off just incorporating it partially into your life. Make changes that are sustainable. After I watched it, I wanted incorporate juicing into my plan, but I knew I'd never go all juice. For me, it was more about getting all the great nutrients from the veggies since I hate eating them. Honestly, I can't stand the taste of the mean green recipe either....but, I found that if I take that juice and put it in the blender with a banana & a scoop of my vanilla protein powder, I can stomach that mixture. For me, it was about the energy & nutriends since I am doing some pretty intense crossfit training.

My biggest problem is that it gets time consuming making the juice and cleaning it up and because most of the good stuff in the drink start to die off immediately, making bulk pitchers of it isn't optimal so you really need to juice and drink it immediately.
  • chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options

I'd like a link, too. If you find it, please forward. Thanks.

Well, I don't know about google but in the documentary says he had one or a pre-attack and not very sure but you can see it on netflix