SHOES OR NO SHOES??

Options
I usually do my exercises in the house and sometimes I wear shoes sometimes I don't....Does it really matter?

Replies

• martinh78
    Options
    Doesn't matter to me. It's your house!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what exercise you do, but I'm going to say it doesn't matter.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    No shoes required.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Depends on the type of exercise you're doing. Sometimes shoes can help with better traction,form, and things like that. However, if you can comfortably perform your exercises without wearing shoes then go for it.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I usually do my exercises in the house and sometimes I wear shoes sometimes I don't....Does it really matter?

yes
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Shoes should be worn even if your in your home, you can do some serious damage without them. You don't go to the gym without putting on shoes so why would you think that just because you are in your home that you don't need them?
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    You may risk some foot and knee damage, but it depends on how hard your workout is.
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter to me. It's your house!

Ha ha!
  • zen82
    zen82 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It depends what you're doing. I exercise barefoot at home to Pilates/Yoga and even more circuity kind of workouts... Mostly because my landlady doesn't allow shoes on the carpet! But I think you can tell yourself from how you feel. There's a whole "Barefoot" movement in running to do with getting more natural running form etc, and the jury appears to be out on that, esp for outdoors. But I doubt you can do much damage in the home unless you've broken a glass or something. But then I hate shoes :-)
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    If I am on the treadmill I wear trainers but I prefer to do 30 day shred without them as it seems to hurt my knees and feet more with trainers on.

For strength training I wouldn't wear trainers.
  • zen82
    zen82 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If I am on the treadmill I wear trainers but I prefer to do 30 day shred without them as it seems to hurt my knees and feet more with trainers on.

For strength training I wouldn't wear trainers.

Same - if I had a treadmill (I don't) I'd wear trainers. But for other stuff I actually find barefoot is best for balance etc -- I did gymnastics as a kid and that was ALWAYS barefoot!
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    I would say it depends on whether you usually walk around your house barefoot so your feet are already stronger than if you wear shoes all the time.
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    I tried my elliptical without shoes once.............there are little bumps on the foot pads that made me decide not to do that again.
  • cathooo
    cathooo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I wear shoes is to convince myself to go exercise. I spent all that time changing into shoes. I might as well use them, instead of heading back to the couch!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I try not to wear shoes for exercise. I run barefoot and I often take my shoes off in the gym. It makes no difference on exercises that don't require you to stand but, particularly on exercises like squats and dead lifts, I find that being barefoot provides much greater stability.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Depends on the type of exercise you're doing. Sometimes shoes can help with better traction,form, and things like that. However, if you can comfortably perform your exercises without wearing shoes then go for it.

This :)
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I usually do walking inside or kickboxing...I choose from the fitness videos on Xfinity I don't do any heavy duty exercises
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    When I work out at home, I don't wear shoes. Doesn't matter if I'm lifting or kickboxing.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    NO SHOES !!!! The most I wear working out are vibram minimalist shoes
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    One of the trainers I worked with was HUGE into the minimalist movement for every training he did. I found it didn't work for me trying to run but did on boot camp/kickboxing type stuff. I think it's personal preference.