Engagement Party AND Jack and Jill...?

Options
2»

Replies

• serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    No? I mean, this is a question?

Also, I have to look up what a "Jack and Jill" is wherever you are, 'cause here it means... uh, something you don't usually throw to celebrate a wedding.
    I was thinking...whoa! Well that's a pretty wild "wedding" celebration now! HAHAHAHAHA Glad I wasn't the only one! :p

Now I'm wondering what you guys are referring to.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    what the hell is a jack and jill? lol

Yea, this.

Jack and Jill is a way to celebrate for both of them. Instead of having a Bridal shower which is aimed specifically for the bride and her female friends and family. But there are 'admission' tickets you have to buy....its a way to raise money for yourself.

PS they smoke ciggs and pot often so the money people give them is a joke to me....

If this was it then I don't see a problem with having both an engagement party and a co-ed bridal party (which is pretty much what we did), but the admission ticket thing sounds a little wierd. My mom and aunt threw my engagement party and my sister threw both my bridal party and bachelorette party. I don't think we received gifts at the engagement party, just the bridal party, but I don't recall. The bridal party we started out just the ladies while the men were at another house watching sports and then they joined us after for food and booze.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    They dont have a lot of money and they are planning a wedding at a VERY expensive place.

Yeah, because this makes sense.
  • leblanc_kelly88
    leblanc_kelly88 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses. I posted this in a fit of....anger....Here is the background

This person has been a friend of mine since she was born. Parents are separated but we were best friends up until college. When I went to college and she started dating people we kind of talked here and there and made it a point to keep friends. My parents and her parents were friends since elementary school so we felt we should do the same!
    Ever since she met her Fiance she fell off the face of the earth. Went through rough patches...lived in a house with no power no water just a fire stove - really rough times. they have bounced back and make ends meet.
    I don't agree with how they spend their free time - I never go over and visit because their apartment is smoke ridden by ciggarettes and marijuana. I leave smelling AWFUL. When I call her to hang out she can never hang out with me. The one thing that urked me most was i asked her to hang out one day and later that night i ran into her at a bar with one of her friends.
    Then she asked me to be in her wedding. Awesome. My childhood friend is getting married and wants me there!! I was confused since I hadnt really talked to her in months...hadn't really shared any of my life events with her in months but okay. Then she had a maid of honor compeition. Well if you don't have someone you want right off the bat why even have one? (just my opnion)
    After the inital asking of me being in her wedding we chatted a few times but then a few months went by without talking to her again. Still cant get her to hang out with me. Ive seen her twice since her engagement about....a year ago.
    They threw their own Engagement party. no big deal. Ive known people to do that. It was nice to see all of her family again. But again...the activities started and I felt it was the wrong time and place so I left.
    That was in July...havent seen her since. She posts all her information on facebook and texts people about the bridesmaid dresses.
    Then I got an invitation via facebook about her jack and jill. I instantly thought "oh whos throwing it! what a good idea" ... her name was in the 'made by' section. and in the description it says she and her fiance are throwing it.

Now - on a tangent - my fiance is angered that I even accepted to be in her wedding given the fact that we havent talked or seen each other much in the past 3 years since Ive been with my man. He thinks its 'dumb' that I care so much for some who doesnt give two poops about me. and hes right. But Im the kind of person who doesnt let go...until they do me wrong.

I already told her I'm not sure if I can be in her wedding due to my extensive medical bills and all I got was "okay let me know by the end of the month because I'm recounting" I feel like she does not even care about me being in her wedding and I was just there as a person to make her look good. In all of this I think I am just going to have to not be in the wedding and hope she respects my unfortuante finance situation.....

That was my background...thank you for reading :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • leblanc_kelly88
    leblanc_kelly88 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    They dont have a lot of money and they are planning a wedding at a VERY expensive place.

Yeah, because this makes sense.
    thank you....Why are you going to have a wedding with 80 people....when the plates are 80 a piece....my fiancne and I are limiting ours to about....40 people....with plates at about 50 a piece at a very nice place...