My snack drawer at work is getting low. Ideas? :)

Options
Good morning/evening... depending :)

My snack drawer at work is getting very low. What are some snacks you like to put into your snack drawer if you have one?

Rude comments can stay out... I am pre-diabetic and need to eat every few hours. So I need a stash. :)

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Why not replenish it with stuff you enjoy eating?
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Why not replenish it with stuff you enjoy eating?

Because that would be Oreos and Reese's PB cups :)
  • orangelobster
    Options
    almonds, dates, raisins, dry breakfast cereal, dried cranberries, carob chips

I have mine all mixed in mini bags.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Trail mix--peanuts, almonds, cashews, raisins, m&m's....provided you can have raisins and m&m's (sugar content?). Make sure to bring a 1/4 cup measuring cup so you only have one serving at a time.

I also always have granola bars in yummy flavors (I choose ones that are 140 calories or less and made with all-natural ingredients).

I don't keep anything in my snack drawer that is in a big bag or box like chips, pretzels, crackers...I don't need to be left to by guestimating devices!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Beef/Turkey Jerky, Almonds, Low Glycemic/Low Sugar Granola Bars, Low Sugar Protein Bars.

That's pretty much what I have in mine on a regular basis (mine have sugar though, as I'm not diabetic). I eat every 2-3 hours just because I like to! :laugh:
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I prefer nuts, pretzel rods or even some cookies. You can eat anything you want just make them fit into your calorie intake.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have Zesty Salsa Wheat Thins, 100 Calorie Popcorn, Snackwells Pretzels, Stila Oats, yogurt and cranberry clusters, along with apples and oranges.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I love the Emerald Brown Sugar Cinnamon almonds. They make them without oil so it's barely more calories than plain almonds and extra tasty.

I also keep Wasa crackers (the light rye ones) in a gallon ziploc in my desk and then keep laughing cow light cheese wedges in the fridge.

Other than that, I usually bring in cut up fruit, yogurt, string cheese, etc.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I have smoked almonds, dark chocolate kisses (for the occasional sweet tooth) and granola bars. My office director regularly brings in fruit to share as well.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    For a second I thought it said smack drawer......obviously I need a snack.:laugh:
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Peanuts, almonds, beef jerky, rice cakes, protein bars... just to name a few...
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Mini-oranges, individual servings of nuts and trail mix, and cheese sticks (although you have to keep them in the fridge) are my go-to
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Oatcakes, almonds, rice pudding or custard in a tub (unsure of your diabetic requirements, I realise they might be high in sugars), rice cakes, dried fruit, olives, cheese triangles (they don't all have to be refrigerated, read the labels), sun dried tomatoes.

I'm hungry now, need food :grumble:
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    wasa and kavli crackers with babybell cheeses!

you can make your own trail mix with nuts, mini dark chocolate chips, dried cranberries.

pumpkin seeds.
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    I keep peanut butter, beef jerky, fig newtons, trail mix, and occasionally York peppermint patties, to soothe the stomach and cleanse the palate.......
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have 100 calorie walnut/almond packs, Kashi Dark Mocha bars, and trying Nature Valley Protein bars.
  • katekross
    Options
    I don't want people thinking that I am an airhead... I just like new ideas. I get bored with the same old sometimes and like to hear what other people like to eat too :)
  • katekross
    Options
    I have 100 calorie walnut/almond packs, Kashi Dark Mocha bars, and trying Nature Valley Protein bars.

That puppy makes me smile :)
  • Chinadorian
    Chinadorian Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    rice cakes and almond butter.
    trail mix, but go easy on the dried fruits in it bc they really bring up the sugar
    nuts
    veggie sticks (SNyders of Hanovers makes good ones)
    Calbees snapea crisps. they are freaking good!!
  • sujenwujen
    sujenwujen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Raisins or yogurt-covered raisins, granola bars (Kashi Dark Chocolate Coconut -- mmm....), almonds & mixed nuts (Emerald Sweet & Salty Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter flavor mixed nuts -- mmm....), Skinny Cow Clusters & chocolate wafer bars Stacy's Pita Chips (variety of flavors), roasted soy nuts from Publix, Archer Farms (Target) freeze-dried Salted Edamame.

The "real" roasted soy nuts & the freeze-dried Salted Edamame (sounds totally weird, I know) totally satisfy my salt cravings, and they're soybeans, so really high protein, which is good, too!