My snack drawer at work is getting low. Ideas? :)

Options

Replies

• katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs of popcorn.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I keep a jar of peanut butter and some spoons in my snack drawer :glasses:

Also some packets of instant miso soup, grits, and oatmeal; plus regular snack stuff like granola bars, popcorn, and cheese/cracker packs. Yes, the ones with the red stick :flowerforyou:
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I keep bread and peanut butter at my desk. The days I am really hungry between meals a 1/2 sandwhich goes far! Usually about 210-220 calories and a good source of protein and carbs and fats!
  • katekross
    Options
    I keep a jar of peanut butter and some spoons in my snack drawer :glasses:

Also some packets of instant miso soup, grits, and oatmeal; plus regular snack stuff like granola bars, popcorn, and cheese/cracker packs. Yes, the ones with the red stick :flowerforyou:

Oh the peanut butter... awesome :)
  • sujenwujen
    sujenwujen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Both Emerald & Blue Diamond almonds in the tall container (as opposed to a can of nuts) have lids that are 1/4 cup, for easy measuring. Blue Diamond also has marks on the side to show 1 oz. servings. But that's the same as the 1/4 cup lid.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    I totally have a snack stash at my work. On my lifestyle change I snack all the time. I am not diabetic (So obviously kick out the things you can't have) but here are some things I personally keep in my stash:

-Rice cakes (either plain or apple/cinnamon kind)
    -Small jar of Peanut Butter
    -Fiber one bars (sometimes all I need is a little chocolate)
    -Ghiradhelli dark chocolate squares
    -Greek yogurt
    -Apples
    -Bananas
    -Raw nuts (no salt) like almonds, walnuts, pecans
    -Protein powder (that I can mix with water)

This is just some stuff I keep around. I work 8hrs a day and I am a manager of a small business so I do not get an actual "lunch" time and we do not have a microwave so I find myself doing most of my snacking during the daytime then having lunch after I get home at 2. It works out :) I just make sure to have things around me that will keep me full.
  • katekross
    Options
    I totally have a snack stash at my work. On my lifestyle change I snack all the time. I am not diabetic (So obviously kick out the things you can't have) but here are some things I personally keep in my stash:

-Rice cakes (either plain or apple/cinnamon kind)
    -Small jar of Peanut Butter
    -Fiber one bars (sometimes all I need is a little chocolate)
    -Ghiradhelli dark chocolate squares
    -Greek yogurt
    -Apples
    -Bananas
    -Raw nuts (no salt) like almonds, walnuts, pecans
    -Protein powder (that I can mix with water)

This is just some stuff I keep around. I work 8hrs a day and I am a manager of a small business so I do not get an actual "lunch" time and we do not have a microwave so I find myself doing most of my snacking during the daytime then having lunch after I get home at 2. It works out :) I just make sure to have things around me that will keep me full.
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I usually just have yoghurt & cheese and fruit with me every day to nibble on as I feel nibbly - but I also usually have something in the desk for those days Im a little extra nibbly - last week it was popcorn and pistachios - I have a little bowl that holds between 1/4 & 1/2 a cup so I just fill it and put the rest away - right now all that's left is some single serving applesauce's, some crackers (parmesan triscuits) and a bit of chocolate that Im pretty sure wont last till the end of day now that I noticed it. Anything that can go into a container or is sealed so it wont spoil would work.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Granola Bars, if you don't want to keep a jar of Peanut Butter I love those single portions. They are also quick on the go food to keep in your purse etc. Buying prepacked snacks are expensive so I put snacks in Ziplock bags and count the amount and write down the calories right on the bag for easy logging. It is so easy to get lost in snacks so I can actually keep track. Pudding cups also they sell sugar free or just eat the regular kind they are not too high in calories and it will kill the chocolate crave plus it is a comfort food.
  • Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Almonds, crunchy granola bars, pouches of tuna, and I always have a piece of fruit or two lying around my desk.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    Almonds, crunchy granola bars, pouches of tuna, and I always have a piece of fruit or two lying around my desk.

OMG pouches of tuna! That is brilliant, I didn't even think about that.
  • katekross
    Options

OMG pouches of tuna! That is brilliant, I didn't even think about that.

I'm not the ONLY one who benefits from this post. This post was WORTH IT! :) Have a great day!!!!!!!!
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I always live in fear that someone will discover my snack drawer and think, "OMG... she has a lot of food in there! Well, that 'splains it" lol

NEway... I usually keep Balance Protein Bars, Primal Vegan Jerky Strips (Major yummo with low cals and lots of protein); pretzels - like sourdough nibblers; whole wheat saltines; almond butter; fruit; nuts; lots of teabags; pumpkin seeds and sometimes a couple of mini dark chocolates for when I want something sweet but need to steer clear of the doughnuts! :)
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    A few things I keep around that no one mentioned:

1. wasabi peas. I portion them out in one serving baggies.
    2. Golden raisins. 90 calories in a little box!
    3. Unflavored oatmeal packets. I add either a spoonful of favorite jam or some pumpkin pie spice (which I also keep in the drawer). A box of the raisins is also a nice add.
    4. Fruit (apples, oranges). You can cut up an apple and mix it with a small can of water-pack tuna, and that's a great snack. (Lunch, too.)
    5. Sweet potatoes! If you have a microwave at work, this is a GREAT snack.

I also keep a jar of honey, in case my sweet tooth, despite my best efforts, decides to go bananas on me.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Raw, unsalted almonds
    Dried Cranberries
    Whole Grain Crackers (Triscuits or Kashi Heart to Heart)
    Canned Tuna (low sodium) to go with the crackers
    Apples, Oranges, Bananas, etc...
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Kashi Honey Cinnamon hearty instant oatmeal
    100 cal packs of almonds - natural and/or cocoa roast
    protein bars
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Almonds, cashews, cheez-its, and pudding cups. I also have granola bars in mine.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Good morning/evening... depending :)

My snack drawer at work is getting very low. What are some snacks you like to put into your snack drawer if you have one?

Rude comments can stay out... I am pre-diabetic and need to eat every few hours. So I need a stash. :)

Reeses Puffs, cinnamon toast crunch, Entmans mini donuts, gum, mini rolos
  • katekross
    Options
    Good morning/evening... depending :)

My snack drawer at work is getting very low. What are some snacks you like to put into your snack drawer if you have one?

Rude comments can stay out... I am pre-diabetic and need to eat every few hours. So I need a stash. :)

Reeses Puffs, cinnamon toast crunch, Entmans mini donuts, gum, mini rolos

Well this is rude.