11 "Amazing" Facts on McRib

Options

Replies

• dewaltfan
    dewaltfan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Everytime it comes back I usually have to have 1, this time I have vowed not to have any.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I just read that whole article and am still having trouble finding the "disgusting tidbits".
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    After all the hype I finally tried one this year. It was ok. Pretty disappointing in relation to the hype though. It's like the fast food version of a bbq pork sandwich. Of course The Real Thing is going to be better. The redeeming quality is that it cost only $2.39 or something around there.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat some real ribs.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Same here. I looked up disgusting ingredients and one of the items on the list was rennet to make cheese. Rennet is cow's stomach. Before factories came along to turn milk into cheese (using chemical processes and unnatural ways of making cheese) this is the way it was done. And human's have been using rennet to make cheese for a long, long, long time.

The organs of the animal are the most nutritious parts of the animal - that being said...I'm still working on getting them in my diet and in my mouth. :) (I have calves liver and chicken livers in my freezer).

When they say our primitive ancestors ate lean meat because wild meat is lean - they leave out the fact that our primitive ancestors (also think Native Americans) ate almost the entire animal - any part that was edible. The organs are very fatty.

Since going Primal I have lost all taste for fast food. It is disgusting in look, texture, flavor and heaven only knows what is actually in the stuff.

Five Guys every once in a while and that is it.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    It's not surprising at all. I don't eat McAnything and never have (except hungover in college lol). It's not real food.

Funny..........it looks real though, and I see people eating it.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! a premolded slab of 'meat' for $3 isn't made of 100% pure white pork?!?!?! Tell me again how this is surprising in any way shape or form? Were you also one of the people in shock that chickens are not really perfectly round and pre-seasoned before death? Those McNuggets were quite the shocker huh?
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    "The entire McRib sandwich contains about 70 ingredients — including a flour-bleaching agent used in yoga mats."

vomit.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    One of the many reasons I am a vegetarian. BARF!!! :sick:
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    the whopper from Burger king is 630 calories. But no one ever bad mouths anyone but MCdonalds.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    To each his own. I've never agreed with the way McDonald's runs their business.

I would love to hear what you have against the way they run their business as they are well known for community outreach programs and have a positive impact on areas where they do business.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Timely topic. I went to Mc'ds twice this year. I had to get the McRib for nostalgia sake. It was damn good. I'm good for another 10 years. It tastes better than guinea pig, by a long shot.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I just don't find McDo that appetizing anyway. For the calorie bang, I can think of other things I would rather eat.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I don't really consider 500 calories a surprise or "whopping"...

That's 40% of my 1200 goal

How can you eat so many calories? I get sooooo full

it is half of my 800 calories.....I say that it is worth it

OMG, I didn't know that 500 was half of 800. This has GOT to be the reason I am so fat, even though I am so full ALL the time!
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I read this article last night. I've never had one and now I'm very thankful. GROSS!!!
    :sick:
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    The sandwich i have suggest to Mc Donalds is the MChouble. You split a Mc Double in half between the patties then insert a McChicken and put it all back together. Cost two dollars and will stop your heart. And people wonder how I got to 382 lbs.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    They have banned them in the UK. I guess now I know why lol
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

I would love to hear what you have against the way they run their business as they are well known for community outreach programs and have a positive impact on areas where they do business.

^^ Yup. Haven't you heard of the Ronald McDonald House? A pretty darn good place IMO.

Also if they ran their business wrong they wouldn't be one of the top fast food restaurants in the world. They make about $100,000 a DAY so if they ran their business bad or were bad in general then they wouldn't be around.

Oh and as for procedures? They have their procedures as far as taking a customer, preparing the food and all that down to a science. Every single McDonalds out there does everything the exact same way which is why they're so efficient when it comes to serving people.

Now if you're talking about all the crap that goes on between the employees (ie sexual harassment) then that's a different story.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    McDonalds provides plenty of opportunities that may have never existed for people. They teach teamwork, and responsibilty, which some people have used to further their lives, beyond the Golden Arches. I applaud McDonalds as a good community partner.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    One of the many reasons I am a vegetarian. BARF!!! :sick:

That's a horrible reason. Many delicious meat sources that aren't as heavily processed. Like the deer liver and heart I'm cooking up tonight. NOM NOM NOM