11 "Amazing" Facts on McRib

Options

Replies

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Wow, "Amazing" sure means something different nowadays.........
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    One of the many reasons I am a vegetarian. BARF!!! :sick:

That's a horrible reason. Many delicious meat sources that aren't as heavily processed. Like the deer liver and heart I'm cooking up tonight. NOM NOM NOM

You had me at deer. ... then lost me at 'heart' and 'liver'.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I don't really consider 500 calories a surprise or "whopping"...

That's 40% of my 1200 goal

How can you eat so many calories? I get sooooo full

Eat 600 Cals. Throw them up. Eat 600 more Cals. 1200 for the day, no bloating.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    ...... perhaps "11 facts that will bore you sh!tless" would have been a better title!
  • RayMan354
    Options
    I was JUST entering my McDonalds lunch entry into my food diary when I saw this topic on my MFP homepage! :laugh:

The McDonalds McRib sandwich was a complete mind blowing, outer body, momma slappin' experience back in the 80s... fast forward 30 years and its about as eventful as a Banquet TV boneless rib dinner, and taste EXACTLY the same!!

They don't make things like they used to anymore, and reading that Yahoo article, you almost don't wanna try it (if you haven't already). But the meat back then was completely different from the meat right now... and so is the taste. :sad:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    "The entire McRib sandwich contains about 70 ingredients — including a flour-bleaching agent used in yoga mats."

vomit.

hmmmmm...no wonder those McRib folks are all about yoga
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Genetically frozen pieces of garbage, sounds about right. I'll take two please :bigsmile: haha jk. I will have to say I do enjoy a Big mac every now and again
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    "The entire McRib sandwich contains about 70 ingredients — including a flour-bleaching agent used in yoga mats."

vomit.
    Wow, an ingredient used in yoga mats? By the way, did you know that they use water as an industrial lubricant in thermonuclear reactors? Do you really drink that stuff? Seriously go look up how many NON-food applications water has, then think about how ridiculous your comment is.
  • NonDietStaff
    Options
    Eeewww! Seriously. This comment is just sad.
    More McRibs for the rest of us who love them.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    After all the hype I finally tried one this year. It was ok. Pretty disappointing in relation to the hype though. It's like the fast food version of a bbq pork sandwich. Of course The Real Thing is going to be better. The redeeming quality is that it cost only $2.39 or something around there.
    I think that's McDonalds' entire strategy with the McRib and why they keep "bringing it back" - they take it off the menu long enough for people to forget how mediocre it is, and then reintroduce it with fanfare and Limited Time Only.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Ew.... I love being a vegetarian
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Organ meat is some of the best for you, so if there's that goodness in a McRib, I'd say that's an endorsement to eat it, not a hindrance.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Genetically frozen pieces of garbage, sounds about right. I'll take two please :bigsmile: haha jk. I will have to say I do enjoy a Big mac every now and again

Genetically frozen?
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Timely topic. I went to Mc'ds twice this year. I had to get the McRib for nostalgia sake. It was damn good. I'm good for another 10 years. It tastes better than guinea pig, by a long shot.

I'm not a McRib fan but I do agree about the guinea pig. I had it in Peru. so tough and grease :sick:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Eeewww! Seriously. This comment is just sad.
    More McRibs for the rest of us who love them.

Um, why is that sad?

Some people like the McRibs regardless, others don't.

My BIL loves them and I'm fairly certain that if he knew what was in them he'd *gasp* still eat them.

To each their own. I like cheese in a can.
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I just read that whole article and am still having trouble finding the "disgusting tidbits".

I unfortunately read the whole thing too (I don't even eat McRib) and now I want those minutes back! It was not as gross as I wanted it to be.

Enjoy McRib Lovers! To each their own!

(no longer feels guilty for chewing on her yoga mat :wink: )
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Genetically frozen?

it's complicated but effective
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I just don't find McDo that appetizing anyway. For the calorie bang, I can think of other things I would rather eat.

i agree with the calorie bang being not worth it. i dont dislike mcdonalds but i dont like it enough anymore to make it worth the cals.

but i am sure the McRib still tastes good.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! a premolded slab of 'meat' for $3 isn't made of 100% pure white pork?!?!?! Tell me again how this is surprising in any way shape or form? Were you also one of the people in shock that chickens are not really perfectly round and pre-seasoned before death? Those McNuggets were quite the shocker huh?

Lol I never mentioned being surprised by this article.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    They lost me at "restructured meat technology.".....not that I was really there in the first place.
    In my youth I wore a hairnet and a name tag for one long, hot summer. Never really was a fan of fast food after that. heh.

"Restructured meat technology" is really just a fancy way of saying "sausage making." It's not really anything new or different, it's basically making a sausage, just making it into a fancy shape rather than into a link. It's not really new or weird, or uncommon.