any success with eating TDEE - 20%

Options
13»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I was at a stall when I switched to this and to be honest, trying to stick to the 1200 was hard. I felt sluggish, my workouts sucked because I didn't have energy...it was just bad. But when I switched to this, not only did I actually have energy..but 10 days after - I lost 1lb. So yeah, I would suggest giving this a real shot. If you are worried about the calories consumed, etc - take a look at this thread to see about people who met their goals and are maintaining. This might give you an idea that eating more than 1200 is very much okay.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/816542-let-s-hear-it-for-maintainenance
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I am starting TDEE - 20% today really scared, cause I will eat more than I normally would. I am 5'1'' and 65 have not lost in a long time...just up and down all the time. I am hoping to start losing again, I do 30 mins exercise everyday. Give me your idea on this:drinker:

should I eat my exercise also.....eat tdee - 20% and exercise calories also ?????

No - your TDEE already includes your exercise. Just be honest about your activity level when you calculate your TDEE. Don't sell yourself short.

Well I'll eat some of my workout calories back if I do a 1K+ burn day. I don't know about others, but I try not to have too big a deficit.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm half way to goal by eating my TDEE -20%, so yes it works (for me)
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    if all of your numbers are accurate it will be impossible NOT to lose weight eating TDEE - 20%

Very true ^^^^^
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is the way to do it. I'm satisfied and not hungry, I have energy, and I am losing fat, but preserving muscle. I feel great, and I look better.

^^ This. I ate TDEE-20% for about three months and am now eating at a very small deficit and still losing. I'm 33, 5'8 and eat 2k a day. Oh yeah!!!!! Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 . There's also an IPOARM group.
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    thank you to all...you are all very supportive and I will take a chance and do TDEE - 20% and eat no exercise thanks again
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I don't usually eat my exercise cals back unless I'm hungry, or if I need to bring my net cals up to at least my BMR. Usually not a problem, as my average burn per day is 300 - 400 cals. Occasionally I burn more if I go for a long run, then I just enjoy all the food because I'm generally hungry after that anyway.

But yeah, I have it figured into my 1700 per day.