Hangover Cures...

Options

Replies

• the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Water before bed. I find greasy, salty high calorie foods are a GREAT hangover breakfast!

JM
  • lalaleche
    lalaleche Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what you're looking for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8J1xFAwQoc enjoy :happy:
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Pedialite. Warm bed (that means don't get out of it), lots of pillows/blankets and xbox or full DVR with huge flat screen tv. Works like a charm.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    McDonald's fries :smile:
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    1. Don't get smashed.
    2. If you want to get smashed anyway, alternate water and drinks.
    3. In the morning, go to McDonalds and eat breakfast. This is the ONLY thing I'll ever eat at McDonalds. Drink some coffee while you're at it.
    4. Drink lots of water the next day.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    So, I want to go out and do horrible things to my body and have no ramifications for my actions.

And we wonder what is wrong with the world today? :grumble:
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    pickle juice... it's great to rehydrate you and put back in those electrolytes that you are missing. Also my in-laws swear by it and they drink a ton is Peda-lite same idea as pickle juice. the best idea is to have a few waters mixed into the night
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    After years of study and countless hours of experimentation, I believe a true knock your socks off hangover can not be cured.

I've tried many of the things mentioned, but if hangover is bad enough - I am screwed. I just try to sleep it off. Alternatively you can pray to the deity of your choice and promise him/her you will never drink again. Results may vary.

Now the above is the rare, boys night out, mega hangover, for your everyday hangover needs I find some Advil and Gatorade are enough for me.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Poutine :tongue:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Ok so I dont get hangovers (I think it's because of the long line of drinkers I come from on both sides of the family lol) but I have noticed with my friends that if they eat before bed ,preferably something starchy, and drink a glass of water it seems to help.
    I just kinda laugh at the ones with hangovers the next day :bigsmile: You would be suprised how mad people get when you don't get hangovers lol. That and the fact that until they see you drink people think your exaggerating the fact that you dont get hangovers get pretty funny
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Straight B12 the night or day after....I promise you will be healed within half an hour.

I have a prescription for it and have to inject myself with B12 once a week.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    pickle juice... it's great to rehydrate you and put back in those electrolytes that you are missing. Also my in-laws swear by it and they drink a ton is Peda-lite same idea as pickle juice. the best idea is to have a few waters mixed into the night

smart man -- anything with sodium to help you retain the water

I skip over tylenol and go for midol --- its stronger and has more caffeine
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Don't take Tylenol for a hangover, it can damage your liver if you drink-Ibuprofen is the way to go.
    Coconut water makes me feel better.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Culvers butter burger, satly fries, and a regular Coke. Perfect combo of protein, grease, carbs, sodium and caffeine.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Drink less - no hangover.

I try to spend my time with people that I like well enough that it doesn't require me being drunk to tolerate them.
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    From a nurse, and 3 agreeing CRNA's, our advice - One B-complex multivitamin before you begin drinking, lots of intermittent water and another B-complex multivitamin the next morning with food.

No hangover.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Glass of water and 2 ibuprofen before bed. Then my special post-NYE breakfast: Waffle House. 2 eggs over medium, hashbrowns scattered, covered and topped. And coffee. Lots of coffee and then chill the rest of the day. I have to be ready to go hard the next day. I'm an accountant and January 2nd is guaranteed to be hellish.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Lots and Lots of water.

I keep a huge bottle of Poland Springs in my car for after nights out. I make sure I chug the whole bottle before going to bed. I also pop a couple advil just as a pre-emptive strike to a headache.
    Drink less - no hangover.

Not always the case. Sometimes it is what you drink. I can drink Jack and Cokes all night and wake up the next day feeling fine, but I will have 2 Sam Adams Oktoberfests and I have a huge hangover in the morning. It's more about knowing your body and what you can handle.
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't drink so much you get drunk is the best solution. To accomplish that drink your drinks slowly, add lots of ice if you're drinking mixed drinks and drink a big glass of water, or bottle of water between alcoholic drinks. If you do that you may avoid being drunk and if you do end up drunk, the dehydration that makes you feel like s**t will be way less and you won't feel so bad. Mexicans tell me that chilaquiles for breakfast is a hangover cure. I don't know how well it works for that purpose, but they're good. I don't recommend eating that if you feel like puking, though, because they're spicy. Wouldn't want that burning your throat and nose on the way up again.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    water and advil and starch before bed, grease and exercise in the morning followed by a giant poo, then lay on the couch and moan for a while, give in about 5 PM and go for a little hair of the dog then back to bed by 7.