In need of tips for holiday drinking & snacks

Options

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    LETS GET DRUNK!!

k6h8s.gif
    yeah, that is pretty much what i look like.

I like to pretend I'm sexy when I'm drunk.

My drink of choice is a good gin and club soda.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    it is only a couple of days and 3500 cals equal 1lb right? so You are going to have to really overeat/drink to make a serious impact on your calorie deficit. Enjoy, eat drink and be merry and work your lil butt off after to get back on track.

Merry Christmas,:drinker: enjoy
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    cake vodka and diet coke. =end thread
  • twinketta
    Options
    I've been maintaining for almost four years now, and during the holidays, I'll just eat a reasonable amount of food/drink without binging on it. With drinks, the lesser the volume of fluid, the fewer calories you're consuming, in general. Vodka shots will do the trick. In terms of food, especially sweets, take a "sampling" approach. Enough of a slice of cake, or a cookie, to try the flavor without going overboard (usually one of something, or a bite sized piece). I also do like to get in a couple of days of exercise just to feel better about myself; emotionally it's a good thing.

That sounds cool also!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I am going to make my most serious post ever.

Make this drink. F@cking do it!

1oz of raspberry vodka, island originals strawberry mix and 7up!

124904589635327070_dYeGrFns_c.jpg

ETA: It's called "Big Mamas lemonade". They sell it at a restaurant called Montana's, but it taste just as good when you make it on your own.
    That sounds amazing!!!

Nothing changes for me during this time. I have days through out the year where I go overboard, I have days during the holidays when I'm right on target. Its all the same to me. If I want to drink I'm going to drink, holiday or not. Just do what works best for you! Merry Christmas!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I'm not counting calories during the holidays. But I will be mindful of what I'm eating and not go overboard.
    I actually baked 7 different kinds of cookies. I probably have 35-40 dozen cookies in my freezer right now. I made them all small. They are like, 2 bite cookies. haha I didn't modify the recipe to make them low fat or anything, but by making them small, I can try one of each and not feel like I pigged out and over indulged. And I WILL be trying every cookie.... hahaha

As for cocktails, wine isn't too bad with calories, if you have 1-3 glasses. If you have 1-3 bottles, then your calories won't be the issue... haha
    I don't usually drink that much during Christmas. New Years, however..... That's a whole other story. hahaha
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    it is only a couple of days and 3500 cals equal 1lb right? so You are going to have to really overeat/drink to make a serious impact on your calorie deficit. ...

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!
  • twinketta
    Options
    it is only a couple of days and 3500 cals equal 1lb right? so You are going to have to really overeat/drink to make a serious impact on your calorie deficit. ...

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!

Hahaha! let`s go
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    skinny girl wines are good. or just bump up exercising so you can indulge a little more. that's my plan

They are only about 10-25 calories less per glass (50-125 less per bottle) than most regular wine, though. Doesn't seem worth giving up my favorites for so few calories to me.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    As for cocktails, wine isn't too bad with calories, if you have 1-3 glasses. If you have 1-3 bottles, then your calories won't be the issue... haha

Yup. 1-3 bottles and then you'll have pregnancy weight with which to contend.
  • tinak33
    Options
    cake vodka and diet. =end thread

I :heart: cake vodka........
  • tinak33
    Options

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!

Hahaha! let`s go

I love a good challenge.....
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Captain Morgan's and diet coke (or diet root beer or diet cream soda)....or skip the soda and go straight to the Captains:drinker:
  • sara4159
    sara4159 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I try to pick the thing I love the most and have a reasonable amount and enjoy it. The holidays are about good food and drink, but they are also about enjoying time with good friends and family. It's a little hard in my family where we show love by pushing food.

In this getting healthy quest, I've started to think that if I feel like I have to get drunk to be able to talk to a group of people freely and be myself, maybe they aren't worth the time. Just like the second and third cookies aren't worth the calories.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    No buzz needed..... Don't drink and drive.... Try Sparkling Water.... Sparkling Grape cider/drink.... It has the fizz without the buzz... , :drinker:

OP asked for drink options not a lecture :huh:
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    well, if you're under twenty-one, MOVE TO THE STATES AND THEY WON'T LET YOU DRINK LEGALLY ANYMORE.

._______.

happened to me.
    legal for four and a half years, and then I come here and BAM. No more glasses of Chardonnay in public.

Keeps you a bit from drinking :P
  • twinketta
    Options

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!

Hahaha! let`s go

I love a good challenge.....

Am going to pm you and we are going to both lose 2lbs by 15th Jan yay!
  • AutumnRose33
    Options
    Vodka, club soda and a water-flavor packet, like crystal light.
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet coke (or any diet beverage) does the job for me :smile:

Yes, Yes, Yes! Diet Orange Crush with Vodka is a fav of mine!

Also, those sparkling waters(flavored or not) with wine, and fresh lemon, or orange wedge! 1/2 wine, 1/2 sparkling water! Fills you up faster and tastes great!, and less alcohol every drink!:happy:
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!

Hahaha! let`s go

I think Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale is around 300 calories/bottle. Pretty sure I can down several of those with no issues.