CALLING ALL RUNNERS!

Options

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Another runner here! My PR for a 5K is 26:07 and half marathon 2:14:43, I've got a half coming up in January but with the snow I'm not shooting for a better time, more of a fun run, and my first full marathon will be next May....
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and have been running since the spring (although I was a runner in high school but that was 15 years ago). My PB for 5km is 26:49 and I ran 10km for the first time last week in about 56 minutes (I don't remember my exact time). I typically run 4X/week and right now, my training schedule is 2 short runs (3.5 miles) and 2 long runs (5 miles and 10km).
  • Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

I have been running for about 3 years.

I did one half marathon
    about 10 5k's, PR: 26:23
    1 10 mile race: 1:38
    1 8k

I love to run!!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    how long does it take you to run a mile/km? how many miles/km do you usually do?
    have you ever competed in races, and if yes, what was your time/place?

I'm a newer runner. Did my first 5k in October and finished in 26:25 but I recently beat that in a practice run and did it in 25:55.

NewRecord.png

I'm trying to run 25 miles a week. Some weeks I succeed, others I don't depending on my schedule and if I have any injuries that needed some rest. Doing another 5k in January and probably a 10k before spring.
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    On my short runs I can run a mile in 8:30 minutes.
    My best 5 k race was just this Thanksgiving at 28:17 (a 9 minute mile) On my training runs of 3 miles I can average 8:30 minute mile.
    I have run: 15k - 1:37 (10:23 mile)
    HM - 2:16 (10:21 mile)
    10K - 1:02 (10 mile)

When I am not training for a race I run around 15 miles a week. 20-25 if I am training for a race. My pace has been a little slower lately as my oldest has joined me for part of my runs. Feel free to add me!
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    You guys are absolutely amazing!!! I can tell there are some seriously fast and committed runners on here!

Great job everybody - and thanks for all the adds.
    Can't wait to hear about everybody's progress!!!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hello

Been running since may 2011 when I started the c25k programme. I used to average 9-9.5 min miles. The last 6 months have been Challenging as I've had two minor surgeries. My pace dropped to 11.5 min miles, however with some speed work, Insanity workouts and long runs I managed a 10min mile on Monday! Getting my groove back!

My 5k or is 25:36. Hoping to get back to it, for 10k it's 58 mins.

I have just signed up for a 10mile race on the 21st January so currently training for that. Would love some more running friends for motivation and inspiration
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Visually impaired runner, running since April 2011.

Ran 6 5Ks, my longest distance running so far is 8.24K post knee-injury my pace per K is between 8:30-8:10 all depending on whose guiding, weather conditions, etc though my sister and I consistently ran at a 7:50 pace the one race I did with her

Pre-knee injury my pace was 6:48 and my 5Ks were completed in about 34 minutes flat. I am working back p to this pace and hopefully even faster though I am taking it slower as my knee still has some minor issues
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I pick one foot up and put it down. Over and over again.
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Tufel, you're such an inspiration to all of us. Good advice for all new runners, too.

:P
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm going to join in on this. I've been wanting to get back into running again. I used to run a few times a week running usually 3 miles to 5, depending on how I felt those days. I've only been out of it because my trip I took and that the weather is cold. But no excuse. :)
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I've been a runner for 7 years. I've run numerous races including the following numerous times: 5km, 8km, 10km, 16km, 10 miles and a half marathon this Sept past which I ran in 2:14. I am currently training for a hypo half in Jan 2013. It should be fun, not looking to set a PR. My pace per mile is about 10 min/mi.

Please feel free to add me.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel slow, lol.

I'm not training for any races right now, I'm sure my tune will change in the spring. I've done a handful of halfs and haven't been ready to commit to a full marathon, so in the last couple months I've switched my focus to getting faster- I know how to go far but never was all that fast. My 1/2 PR was 2:12.

Now my tempo pace is 8:30-9:05 depending on length. I'm trying to get to a sub 7-minute mile. So far my fastest mile PR is 7:47, but I haven't tried in a while. The shorter distances are nice for me now, 'cause I'm a baby about running in the dark.

ETA: I'm back to running now since about April- there was about a year hiatus where I didn't run. When I started this April, I was running 12-minute miles.
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been a runner pretty much my whole life. I run about 35 miles per week, usually 5-6 miles most days, and a long run of 9-12 miles on Sunday. My stats are on my profile. I would guess my mile time is slightly under 6:00, but haven't raced one in awhile. Good luck in your running!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I'm working on it. I've been doing C25K for a few months now. I've gotten down to a ten min mile. Slow I know, but for me it's huge progress. :smile:
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have been trying to get into running 'seriously'. Slowly getting faster and enjoying it more and more. I try to run a 5K every other day. Average time is 31ish min for my 5K - I want to get under 30 in the next 6-8 weeks. One of my goals is to run a marathon before 30! Also, in 2013, I am hoping to sign up for more 5Ks and do my first 10K!
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I thought I was a runner until this thread...

*backs out of thread slowly*

:blushing:
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Which running life? Lol. I ran in high school and we had to run sub 7 min miles to make soccer team try outs. I was captain for 3 years. I puked every season! ;)

In college, I ran for stress relief and because Fredericksburg, va is beautiful.

After I had 2 kids and gained 65 pounds, I ran for weight loss and found my addiction. I would push the double jogging stroller and lull them to sleep, sometimes the only peace in my day.

Now I run because I am proud to say it is a part of who I am. My Rottie and I logged over 3000 miles together before she passed away. If a barrel chested Rott can run 10 miles, ANYONE can! Oh and I am slow. Like my training paces are double digits. Who cares??! I run. And my achievement is not dismissed by the efforts of someone else's!! Be proud!!!

My half PR is 1:58. My 5k PR is 30:02. That .02 chafes at me but I really hate 5ks unless they are fun runs or obstacle courses. Right now I am in training for Tough Mudder in April, with hopes of running my first full in Oct at MCM.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Just starting to get used to calling myself a "runner." Started running in March 2012 to prepare for Tough Mudder in September. Ran my first half in August with heat, hills, and humidity (and a warning NOT to run this as a first half- but I generally don't listen to warnings :tongue: ) Time was 2:07:05- not fast compared to some of the incredible people on this site, but I was happy.

Currently training for a marathon in March and finished my first 20 mile training run in 3:11 yesterday. I was supposed to do my first 20mile run in 3 weeks, but was feeling great...up until I stopped running. Think I did something to my hip flexor. Oh well, there was no specific pop or pull or tear, so I'll be back running Thursday at the latest. I think I'm hooked!!! :bigsmile: