40 lbs in 8 weeks!!!!

Options

Replies

• StarTrekkinDelta
    StarTrekkinDelta Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who did that and kept it off because she made sure she got used to eating well and exercising regularly. So, congrats and good luck!(:
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Gosh, people are such jerks. Why is it so hard for people to accept that different things work for different people? Whatever it takes to jump start a diet. Great job.
  • Susantuti
    Susantuti Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am doing medifast! I know there are some that are leery of it, but 40 pounds in 8 weeks, I am excited!!!

Congratulations!!
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!!!!
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    It honestly sounds like your self image is the thing holding you back here, not your ability to eat healthily. I suggest you find someone to talk to about this, as difficult or unnecessary as you may see it - it may just be the catalyst to success for you.

Most people who have been overweight their whole life (myself included) have gone through a period of mental adjustment about losing weight and becoming 'different' than what you have known your whole life. I don't know why this happens other than we, as human beings, inherently crave homeostasis. Change can be frightening and this often drags us back into our old unhealthy habits. This is probably why you failed before, and will fail again if you don't acknowledge it as an issue.

We all have up and down days, and times where we question if its worth the effort, but let me assure you it is!

I appreciate this response!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    "low-carb Medifast plans allow dieters approximately 800-1,000 calories a day, designed to yield a loss of 2 to 5 pounds per week"

from the medifast website
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulnations!!
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    I am doing medifast! I know there are some that are leery of it, but 40 pounds in 8 weeks, I am excited!!!

Be smart about it. It can assist you with your weight loss, but keep in mind this is long term thing. WHen you get off it, make sure you eat at your TDEE for your weight. Don't get complacent.

What is TDEE?
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone being such an a-hole? GOOD GAWD get off your pedestal.

CONGRATS on 40 lbs lost. :)

No doubt. Congrats dude.. keep up the progress.
  • Halie_Bird
    Halie_Bird Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    congrats =)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options

if you are pleased with the product and its working for you, then congrats! It's 40 lbs!!! Makes moving all the more easier, and if you move more, you'll lose more. :happy:
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    WOO-HOO!! That's great!!
    Takes pics!!
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    WOO-HOO!! That's great!!
    Takes pics!!

I just have to figure out how to post them
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Great job! We are all on our own journey to weigh loss, many of us have done it more than once and many of us are trying to overcome our own scatomas and learn more about ourselves and what we need to do to be successful.

I am not sure why people can not be happy for your loss and instead are making such rude comments. Good luck, I think every one of us face the potential of relapse if we do not learn how to maintain and deal with our mental aspect as well.

Well done! Celebrate your success
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

I did that 5 years ago. Lost 60 lbs. and I had to do it again so I figure why not try a different approach.

And you'll have to do it again when you gain this back unfortunately.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone being such an a-hole? GOOD GAWD get off your pedestal.

CONGRATS on 40 lbs lost. :)

I agree.

Congrats and dont let anyone rain on your parade.

yup. 40 lbs is still 40 lbs. awesome job :)
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    awesome job
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    if a young woman said she was going to eat 800 calories a day (like the medifast program) and lose 40 pounds in 8 weeks she would be roasted alive here

I am just curious why it is ok for a guy

seems hypocritical somehow
  • onyxwood
    onyxwood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    congratulations.......keep up the good work! My ex lost 80lbs doing medifast about 2yrs ago and has never gained a pound back, so it can be done!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Congrats on you achievement! keep going!

I did Medifast years ago. No solid foods went into my mouth for 6 months. I lost 75 pounds and then when I started adding food back, I was in a car accident. I could not exercise and had to take my meds with food. I cried and cried. I gained back every pound--emotional eating and lack of control. I tried so many diets since then. I am doing well on mfp. I do bug servers asking about what is in a dish if the nutritional values can't be found online. I have even had a couple of cooks come out of the kitchen to explain the dish to me. I have shared mfp website with anyone who will listen.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!