40 lbs in 8 weeks!!!!

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I bet everyone on this thread wishes they could lose 40lbs in 8 weeks...so i say...WELL DONE!

40 lbs of WHAT in 8 weeks???
    I sure as hell don't!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am doing medifast! I know there are some that are leery of it, but 40 pounds in 8 weeks, I am excited!!!

Congratulations!!! Prove all the naysayers wrong... keep the weight off with exercise and a healthy diet... It can be done. I've lost 21 pounds since October 30 doing lowcarb and get lots of negative feedback from it... whatever.. I'm down 21 pounds.. and you are down 40 pounds!!!!!! :smile:
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am also glad that if I put it on, I have a place I can come back to and say, "look guys, you were right, I suck". LOL Kidding of course.
    Or you can take some of the constructive comments and keep the weight off. The problem with diets is that they are temporary. You can't stay on MF the rest of your life so you have to have a plan for getting off MF (or any other diet for that matter). Being healthy is a lifestyle, not a temporary eating plan. You need to get out and move your body and learning how to eat properly so you can maintain your weight loss. No one here wants you to put the weight back on, but most here also know that it diets tend to lead right back to weight gain unless you change how you eat and exercise. Good luck!

THIS.

haters be hatin'.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    awhoopdedoo.gif I lost 52lbs and didn't buy any overpriced, fad foods to do it.

What a nasty comment!

Congrats Op! No matter how you did it you desrve a congrats. You sticked to the program you choose and youve been successful. Keep it up!

Person loses 52 lbs naturally and it's a "nasty comment".
    Person loses 40 lbs with diet gimmick and it's "successful"

Very interesting.

It was your woopdeedoo comment. Admitting you were a jerk might be the 1st step:(

All I asked was "40 lbs of what?". Still have not received an answer. I wanted the OP to think critically about weight loss vs fat loss and health.

Thanks for calling me a jerk though. You have a great and realistic attitude! :flowerforyou:

She was confused, thinking that you, Taso, were the person who said "whopdeedoo" in the first post quoted here.

That wasn't Taso.

Taso said: "Person loses 52 lbs naturally and it's a "nasty comment".
    Person loses 40 lbs with diet gimmick and it's "successful"

Very interesting."

Valid point.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    I bet everyone on this thread wishes they could lose 40lbs in 8 weeks...so i say...WELL DONE!

40 lbs of WHAT in 8 weeks???
    I sure as hell don't!

I wouldn't want to lose 40 lbs in 8 weeks. I'd be dead. So I also don't.

I agree with Taso that it's best to find a healthy way to lose weight that isn't dependent on gimmicks or programs. I haven't paid a dime and went from obese to well pretty darn close to "svelt." I'm smaller that I thought was possible and STRONGER too. I can do pull ups for the first time IN MY LIFE. I did no fad diet. I learned how to eat properly and there will never be an end to what I do because it isn't a DIET. It's the oh so important lifestyle change. There is no need to go on regimines that you don't intend to stick to for life because anything that you conceive of as having an end is not going to change your life. You need to change your lifestyl to change your life.

ETA: I'm happy for OP. I just hope others considering following his lead consider following mine (and Taso's) lead before they buy a product that isn't going to change their lifestyle, but just be another diet.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    I am also glad that if I put it on, I have a place I can come back to and say, "look guys, you were right, I suck". LOL Kidding of course.

No need to feel this way. Everyone has their own path. I'm not hoping to shoot you down in your success....but I do hope that you also learn healthy eating and healthy living habits that will not end when the diet your on ends.
  • Susantuti
    Susantuti Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    LOL, i didn't mean to start a fight. :)

You're so beautiful.
  • allison_ortiz
    allison_ortiz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    wow Raymond, thanks for your words. I gotta get the mental thing figured out as well. I can be disciplined whether on a meal plan or making my own healthy foods. What I really got to fix is my lack of self image and feeling good about the way i look. Not sure how to do that yet. Again thanks for your words!

in the beginning you wont have much towards of self image or self worth if you have been hard on yourself for a long time. The good news though is in doing this a healthy longterm/lifestyle change manner...every day you make an active choice to be a healthier person the more you start to view yourself as a healthy person. It's not easy and I feel having people who've been where you've been and turned a corner and can be a good support system for you is so valuable and that is why I like MFP so much! I'm sorry people are coming down on you so hard, but honestly they have good insight as to what is going to work best...they've been there...and even though some people are harsher than others (rather distasteful even) they mean well and only want the best for you! if you ever want a friend to get some tips from I am here most days! :)

Week62comparisonpic11292012.jpg
  • Holdenke1
    Holdenke1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    wow Raymond, thanks for your words. I gotta get the mental thing figured out as well. I can be disciplined whether on a meal plan or making my own healthy foods. What I really got to fix is my lack of self image and feeling good about the way i look. Not sure how to do that yet. Again thanks for your words!

in the beginning you wont have much towards of self image or self worth if you have been hard on yourself for a long time. The good news though is in doing this a healthy longterm/lifestyle change manner...every day you make an active choice to be a healthier person the more you start to view yourself as a healthy person. It's not easy and I feel having people who've been where you've been and turned a corner and can be a good support system for you is so valuable and that is why I like MFP so much! I'm sorry people are coming down on you so hard, but honestly they have good insight as to what is going to work best...they've been there...and even though some people are harsher than others (rather distasteful even) they mean well and only want the best for you! if you ever want a friend to get some tips from I am here most days! :)

Week62comparisonpic11292012.jpg

Wow, Allison! Great words of advise. and you look marvelous, I might add. :smile:
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Well thats great!! But the only way you'll be able to keep the weight off is to be on that "diet" for the rest of your life.... I think you should quit it now before you mess up your metabolism too much!!!

Just slowly change to eating healthy stuff....and get a gym membership and start lifting!! Guys get amazing, fast results from lifting...(lucky) You should look into buying a lifting program.. Maybe the new rules of lifting for men? Im doing the one for women right now..
  • Mt73hb
    Options
    Congratulations, good job on your weight loss. I too am on medifast and have lost 53lbs thus far in 18 weeks, have about 25 to go. The weight can be maintained as long as you get your mind right first, you can start that journey by reading dr. A' s habit of health book,- your couch has probably told you this already, and go into transition- where your slowly weened of the medifast and then into Maintenance. Do not let anyone here or elsewhere discourage you from your weightless plans or goals. Once again congratulation
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    Congratulations, good job on your weight loss. I too am on medifast and have lost 53lbs thus far in 18 weeks, have about 25 to go. The weight can be maintained as long as you get your mind right first, you can start that journey by reading dr. A' s habit of health book,- your couch has probably told you this already, and go into transition- where your slowly weened of the medifast and then into Maintenance. Do not let anyone here or elsewhere discourage you from your weightless plans or goals. Once again congratulation

Yes I am reading the book. Look at you go, nice work!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss! I used Medifast last year to jump start my weight loss and it really did get me motivated to start a more healthy life style, especially when you can see losses like that in such a short time frame. I also learned a lot about food choices when cooking the healthy lean and green meal each night.

I did stop using it after a few months though because I took up running and the low cals/carbs were hindering my progress a bit. As long as you transition properly to real food, you can be successful in maintaining your weight loss for life. I've kept the weight I lost from that program off for almost an entire year and have also lost additional weight on my own. The key is to not give up once you are finished losing the weight, you really need to make a life style change and continue to eat healthy and the right amount of calories along with incorporating exercise on a regular basis.

Have you visited the medifast online community site? I found that website to be very helpful and also there are tons of different recipes posted on there using the medifast products and also for the lean and green meals. Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • Mt73hb
    Options
    Great :)
  • Mt73hb
    Options

Yes I am reading the book. Look at you go, nice work!

Great
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    it is good stuff.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    OP, even if you do regain some or all of the weight, and have to lose it again, you will always have a kind, respectful and decent personality which is far more than I can say of some of those who have posted in this thread. Sadly, an ugly personality is much harder to change than an overweight body, so you are winning there, and good luck in the rest of your journey.
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    OP, even if you do regain some or all of the weight, and have to lose it again, you will always have a kind, respectful and decent personality which is far more than I can say of some of those who have posted in this thread. Sadly, an ugly personality is much harder to change than an overweight body, so you are winning there, and good luck in the rest of your journey.

I appreciate that! Lots of cool people on here.
  • nzashley
    Options
    Way to go! I lost 40 lbs on Medifast ..but it was 40 pounds to get to my goal weight and it took me 3.5 months. It was easy to maintain and I kept it off for 2 years until I got pregnant! Gained 60 lbs with my pregnancy (bedrest, post partum....) and am now doing Medifast again. It's easy and fast! When your stomach has shrunk it's a cinch to maintain, just switch all the medifast food for all fresh food, mostly fruits and veggies! I've been doing it again since the week before Thanksgiving (and even taking 3 cheat days -Thanksgiving, My husbands Birthday, and Our work Christmas party) I've lost 15 pounds!! Way to go- you can do it!
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    Way to go! I lost 40 lbs on Medifast ..but it was 40 pounds to get to my goal weight and it took me 3.5 months. It was easy to maintain and I kept it off for 2 years until I got pregnant! Gained 60 lbs with my pregnancy (bedrest, post partum....) and am now doing Medifast again. It's easy and fast! When your stomach has shrunk it's a cinch to maintain, just switch all the medifast food for all fresh food, mostly fruits and veggies! I've been doing it again since the week before Thanksgiving (and even taking 3 cheat days -Thanksgiving, My husbands Birthday, and Our work Christmas party) I've lost 15 pounds!! Way to go- you can do it!

Nice work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!