40 lbs in 8 weeks!!!!

Options

Replies

• SVogt_1977
    Options
    I am not familar with that product. Can you please explain it?
  • craigja
    Options
    Congratulations! I saw the topic and knew the aholes would be all over you.

I've lost 81 pounds in just under 15 weeks. Now - I have/had a lot to lose. I was at 375 and want to get to 250. Pre-diabetic, high blood pressure, arthritis in my knees- basically a mess. My decision - which was on my own but my doctor was about to take over - was based on health. Is the rapid weight loss ideal and healthy? That's actually the wrong question. The question is are you heading towards a place that is better - health wise - than where you are today? .

Love to say I've accomplished this on my own but I haven't. If I could have done that I wouldn't need to lose weight. I'm on a doctor monitored (every week) very low calorie diet (VLCD). I had a stress test and full blood workup day one. I see a doctor every week for weigh in and blood pressure and have full blood work and EKG each month - every 4th doctor visit. They also measure fat loss vs muscle loss twice a month. If you miss a weekly doctor appointment they release you from the program. They don't mess round with people not ready for this. My doctor was very upfront witih me. His comment was this is not a diet or a lifestyle - it's a tool to get to a better place quickly so we can build a lifestyle change plan. He calls the powder drinks medicine. I'm on 1000 calories a day mostly made up of whey protein. I'm also losing body fat at a pace double+ any muscle loss. I'll drop to 800 calories at some point on the way to dropping 125 pounds. I should hit that next March (I started Sep 16th of this year). Even after that I'll go through a maintenance phase for a year to eighteen months learning how to prepare food etc.. It's a two year program.

I'm off my blood pressure medicine, I'm no longer pre-diabetic, I no longer take DAILY anti inflamitory pills for my knees and I'm no longer a spectator of my own life and that's in 15 weeks and half way to the weight goal but a LONG way until I finish the program and full transformation - that's the key. It's radical but it's what I needed. They key is what I did is much better for me than where I was and where I was headed.

All of us on here have different situations. To over simplify it you have people who want to lose weight, people who are obese and people who are morbidly obese and sick. I'm no doctor but I don't think you attack each category the same way. I needed something radical. I wasn't trying to lose that last 10 pounds for the high school reunion - I needed help.
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    Congratulations! I saw the topic and knew the aholes would be all over you.

I've lost 81 pounds in just under 15 weeks. Now - I have/had a lot to lose. I was at 375 and want to get to 250. Pre-diabetic, high blood pressure, arthritis in my knees- basically a mess. My decision - which was on my own but my doctor was about to take over - was based on health. Is the rapid weight loss ideal and healthy? That's actually the wrong question. The question is are you heading towards a place that is better - health wise - than where you are today? .

Love to say I've accomplished this on my own but I haven't. If I could have done that I wouldn't need to lose weight. I'm on a doctor monitored (every week) very low calorie diet (VLCD). I had a stress test and full blood workup day one. I see a doctor every week for weigh in and blood pressure and have full blood work and EKG each month - every 4th doctor visit. They also measure fat loss vs muscle loss twice a month. If you miss a weekly doctor appointment they release you from the program. They don't mess round with people not ready for this. My doctor was very upfront witih me. His comment was this is not a diet or a lifestyle - it's a tool to get to a better place quickly so we can build a lifestyle change plan. He calls the powder drinks medicine. I'm on 1000 calories a day mostly made up of whey protein. I'm also losing body fat at a pace double+ any muscle loss. I'll drop to 800 calories at some point on the way to dropping 125 pounds. I should hit that next March (I started Sep 16th of this year). Even after that I'll go through a maintenance phase for a year to eighteen months learning how to prepare food etc.. It's a two year program.

I'm off my blood pressure medicine, I'm no longer pre-diabetic, I no longer take DAILY anti inflamitory pills for my knees and I'm no longer a spectator of my own life and that's in 15 weeks and half way to the weight goal but a LONG way until I finish the program and full transformation - that's the key. It's radical but it's what I needed. They key is what I did is much better for me than where I was and where I was headed.

All of us on here have different situations. To over simplify it you have people who want to lose weight, people who are obese and people who are morbidly obese and sick. I'm no doctor but I don't think you attack each category the same way. I needed something radical. I wasn't trying to lose that last 10 pounds for the high school reunion - I needed help.

thanks for sharing!
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I see you have many people divided on here.First off Congrats on your weight loss.I hope you use this as a jump start to a much healthier lifestyle.As for your mindset,We all have our good days and bad days.If we didn't we wouldn't be human.So pat yourself on the back for losing 40lbs.Then try and do your best to live a healthy life.People will cheer you on,or be horrible.As long as you become your biggest cheerleader and get your mind right.You'll get to where you want to be.

Keep up the good work and more power to you!!
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    way to go!

as someone who has also lost a lot of weight (despite what the ticker says) with less then traditional methods as well, I will mention that its MUCH easier working out and changing your lifestyle to be more active with less weight. I look back and realize how when I weighed 100+ lbs more than I do today (about a year ago), working out took soo much energy out of me (not to mention the energy it took to walk around) and it was really hard to stay on track with my workouts. Now I easily do a half hour to an hour intense work out and I still have plenty of energy. This extra energy has also allowed me to increase the intensity of my workouts. Less then a year ago I never would have believed that I could do ANY of Jillian Michael's workouts or train to RUN a 5K without passing out. (both of which I can now do).

so good luck to you and continue to work on your journey!
  • CandaceHoweth91
    Options
    I've lost 50 in 12 weeks before without anything special but eating and exercising. It can be done. Everyone stop raining on his parade. Let him ride his float through the parade with sunny weather and lots of applause!! Good job!
  • KarateChicky
    KarateChicky Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Mommaofsomany
    Options
    I am so sorry for the feedback you are getting from most people. Obviously people struggle too - or they would not be on this site needing the support. I saw my sister lose 100 lbs from medifast...it so motivated her to get her life "right" - the remaining 50 she lost with right foods she prepared and hard workouts.....that was 8 years ago - she still has it off. She now a personal trainer and helping others....so way to go!!! Good for you!!!!!!
  • BunniPage
    BunniPage Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well done! I think it's a great that it is working for you :)
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    Post holiday update...Still making progress. One more month and then I move into the transition phase.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options

I did that 5 years ago. Lost 60 lbs. and I had to do it again so I figure why not try a different approach.

And you'll have to do it again when you gain this back unfortunately.

That's not nice. When you post a weight loss success story I will make sure to step on your progress and make it feel like it does not matter.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Nice dedication.
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    Nice dedication.

thx!
  • joanlynel
    joanlynel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Good Job!
  • moonpoppy
    moonpoppy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh that is wonderful news!!!!! Congratulations - no matter how you've done it, that's a phenomenal achievement!! x
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    i think some people on this thread are being way too harsh! even though this guy hasn't lost weight the way most of the people on this thread lost it, a loss is a loss and he should be proud of himself! also, sticking to a very hard diet like medifast for 2 months requires a lot of dedication. the food tastes like absolute crap! in october i was so desperate to lose weight, i went on medifast (because my mom went on it, then quit but we still had a ton of bars left), but i only lasted a day. yeah, only one day. it's pretty sad but i'm glad i went off it. i probably only ate 1000 calories and i literally felt sick the whole day. that was definitely not the correct way for an 18 yr-old active girl to lose weight. fyi, don't buy those caramel bars! whenever i think of them, i gag a bit in my mouth. okay i'm kidding, but it's some NASTY stuff.

now our medifast stuff is sitting in a dark closet...waiting for the mice to come :sick:

and to the OP, congrats!
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of negative posts on here, we are a community that encourages one another to become healthier. This man lost 40lbs, now we should encourage him to eat healthy and work out.

I am pretty certain he realizes that he still has to eat healthy now that part of a program is over. Let us show some positive posts folks!!

He has already lost weight and regained. So why would you be certain he is ok now?

Yes, it certainly is. But given 40 pounds in a short period of time, he possibly has not.

How about you just stop being so negative?
  • shape_up4good
    Options

and to the OP, congrats!

Thanks!
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    UPDATE! now down 45!
  • DonnaAnn64
    DonnaAnn64 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!! Congratulations on your way to a new you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!