small wrist 5"

Options
Does anyone else have a 5" wrist. My personal trainer measured me today and said she has never seen a 5" wrist on an adult before and I can't believe that. I know my frame is small but not that small lol

Replies

• bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If its the bone, then you can't really do anything about it, just your genetics, you could try increasing the size of your forearms to give it an illusion though. That's what im trying to do as I have pretty small wrists as well.
  • Jewelforyou
    Options
    I've to 5 1/2 inch wrists and they're tiny and people notice. When I shake my fist in a menacing way I'm never taken seriously :)
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Mine are about 5.5''
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Does anyone else have a 5" wrist. My personal trainer measured me today and said she has never seen a 5" wrist on an adult before and I can't believe that. I know my frame is small but not that small lol
    I think that also depends on your height. If you are short and at the same time with a small frame then a 5" wrist is just right.

My frame is medium though so mine are 6" at my 5'2 frame.
  • brscott22
    Options
    I think that also depends on your height. If you are short and at the same time with a small frame then a 5" wrist is just right.

I'm 5'9" so that looks small on me
  • Samantha502
    Options
    My wrist is 6 inches.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    yeah.... 5.5" and i'm 5'7" tall. Does your trainer not measure wrists often? lol
  • nmtGurl
    nmtGurl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 with 5" wrists.....but I also have E.T. fingers. People seem to notice my hands over my small wrists :frown:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Mine are 5 1/2 with small hands. None of my daughters can wear my rings. ;(
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options

My wrist actually falls beneath the 5" circumference, but then again I am a small-boned tall woman, so it's pretty much a norm for me.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I guess my wrists are ridiculous then. They're just under 4 inches. I have never been able to wear a watch. lol

Seems like your trainer just hasn't measured many.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You know what they say?

Small wrists, small...

...watchbands.
  • brscott22
    Options
    yeah.... 5.5" and i'm 5'7" tall. Does your trainer not measure wrists often? lol
    I guess not, she also said my ankles, calves, and thighs are the smallest also, shes probably new lol
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options

I'm 5'9" so that looks small on me
    Oh yeah that's indeed small and especially for a man. I still find mine small too although my overall body falls within the medium range. I live in Asia and since I'm surrounded with the small framed majority so I've seen some men with a very small wrist, probably at or about very close to a 5" wrist. But I agree with the other poster, its all in your genetics which we absolutely can't do anything about it. However you can increase your bone density by weight lifting.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

Mine are a tad under 5". I'm a tall woman with small wrists, hands, nails - although, I do have a long hand span. ... It was a big deal in primary school, but then it's part of who I am. No big deal. People do notice, and think me delicate.
  • SkinnyMusic
    Options
    I have almost 5'' inch wrists.
  • brscott22
    Options

Mine are a tad under 5". I'm a tall woman with small wrists, hands, nails - although, I do have a long hand span. ... It was a big deal in primary school, but then it's part of who I am. No big deal. People do notice, and think me delicate.
    lop same here, when people see my arms they tell me to be careful that I could get hurt easily
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I consider my wrists pretty small in relation to my body (I'm 5'7" and heaviest I've been is 144lbs). I just measured my wrist & it was about 5" 3/4. Closer to 6". Push-ups hurt my wrists but I do them anyway!

Your wrists don't look that small in your profile pic...
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and have 6" wrists so they look small for me :p
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    My wrist is just a bit under 5".